Doorstep collectors - MINICREDIT - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey - not to worry I just went back and searched for it - good to see someone has finally been able to get somewhere and good for you for having the b***s to stick to your guns! My loan isn't due for repayment to them until the 29th so I'm already emailing them with plenty of notice. I haven't had any issues from them as obviously I haven't reached the due date just yet but as I know I won't be able to clear it in one go I am preempting what they will do when they don't receive payment on the 29th. I have already sent an email to them over the weekend .. well many emails so I will ask them for their final response off the complaints team and then send it straight to the FOS. Thanks for the info :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sur eyou have secured your finances first inspired. If you dont, the second they get a hint that you will default, they will take as much as they can from your account and then cease all contact with you. They also have been known to take money as and when they like and not reply to any contact.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the advice Renegade - I have changed bank accounts already in prep for setting up the dmp so they will be trying to raid an empty account. I have already sent them the mail which says I do not authorise any continuous payment methods - not that that stops them anyway!! I will be sending those letters onto my bank tomorrow also and I have cancelled all my debit cards and requested new ones so good luck to em!!

Did you give the bank written instructions to cancel the CPA's and any and all transactions? A lot of banks are known for honouring those payments, even if there isnt any money in the account. This takes you into an unauthorised overdraft and then you get to have a headache dealing with the bank. Once you give them that written instruction, they are obliged by LAW to refund all monies and remove all charges.

Some banks also like to ignore the instruction or claim they cant stop the CPA, because they know the account will go into an overdraft and charges will be added. This means more money for them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yes i've got templates that Step Change sent through to me so they are about to go off in the mail to the bank so as you say if they do then honour a payment they can give me the money back ! The banks seem to be just as bad - I remember calling them a while back when someone swiped money from my card and they were absolutely useless!

Dont send them in the mail. The best way to do it is to take them to your branch in person, get the manager to photocopy it, then sign, stamp and date both copies giving you the photocopied one. With sending it via royal mail, they can make multiple excuses. handing it in personally, they have no choice but to either accept it, or stand there and willingly and openly break the law.