IGO4 car insurance, a word of warning.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

having just endured a year of 'cover' with IGO4 insurance i thought i'd share some balanced cautions.

Having received a good quote i took out insurance.

Within a day or so, i got a threatening email saying that the fraud department would cancel my policy if i didn't pay an extra 102 pounds.

It turns out that this was because i had a no claim, no loss, theft and recovery of my vehicle, and the wording of the IGO4 online quote system was inadequate

i.e 'have you had a claim in the last xx years' to which i honestly answered no.

All of the communication was conducted by email, and the level of customer service when i phoned was shocking. I felt thoroughly ripped off.

As has been reported elsewhere, they demanded scanned and emailed copies of my driving license and no claims letter (why they can't check like other companies do i don't know),

once again, on threat of policy cancellation.

i then made the mistake of getting a different vehicle (that was 8 insurance groups lower than the original vehicle),

now i remember when a minor adjustment like this would be free from a reputable insurer..... £102 pounds!!!

once again, the level of customer service on the phone was pretty bad, with the operative refusing to allow me to speak to his supervisor.

All in all, IGO4 gave a competitive quote, then put as many reasons to sting me in place a they possibly could

- i ended up paying much more than the more professional companies quote, for a lower level of cover and the pleasure of dealing with their customer services.

I'm horrified and disgusted and will never insure with them again.

has anyone else had a similar experience with them?

Toads

I think because when your car is nicked the police notify DVLA, and you are obliged to notify your insurers in case it is involved in an accident. Despite my insurer at the time (admiral) promising me that my no claims would not be affected as i had not made a claim, and even sending me written proof of 'no claims', when i came to insure the same car again, the premium was 100 quid more because the theft had been recorded. Basically, when this happens, i and everyone else have insult added to injury. I didn't claim because i didn't want my premium to go up, so the insurance company didn't have to pay out. Then they put my premium up anyway. Because they can and there is nothing i can do about it. They make me furious, greedy good for nothing money grabbing [edits].

Edited by honeybee13
Removing potentially problematic word.

• 1 year later...

A driver for 35 years never had an insurance claim. The worse mistake I have made was insuring with IGO4. The looted my bank account with "charges" , penalised me for not uploading documents. Truth was their server did not work- emailed them got an answer back nonreply . IGO4 are simply dreadful , in my opinion [edits with zero customer service skills. Stay clear from these people.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative words removed.

• 2 months later...

Budget Insurance and Capita always ring alarm bells. IG04 use Budget who are owned by Capita.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No, Matt Munro and Tom Cooper are both former Budget staffers, but the are now a separate brokerage. They sell policies, primarily from Towergate. If you speak to the organ grinder, rather than the IGoMonkey, you find things are resolved much easier. Towergate have been in the insurance game for many years and so cutting margins to the quick in order to get the business isn't something they need to do, therefore, they don't have to operate as Bodgit and Scarper

No, Matt Munro and Tom Cooper are both former Budget staffers, but the are now a separate brokerage. They sell policies, primarily from Towergate. If you speak to the organ grinder, rather than the IGoMonkey, you find things are resolved much easier. Towergate have been in the insurance game for many years and so cutting margins to the quick in order to get the business isn't something they need to do, therefore, they don't have to operate as Bodgit and Scarper

I would say they're more borrow and buy

• 3 months later...

I sold my old car and bought a new car, so I needed to change the existing insurance policy. I could not make any changes on existing policy on the portal as they mentioned. When I call them, I have to wait for at least 30 minutes, then the person who answer the call could not make any changes either. That person put me on hold and after 30 minutes of waiting, call automatically disconnects! I have to repeat the process for two days for many time and speak to many call centre staff. Some telephone network providers in 0844 range pay for their customer companies for using their numbers. As when customers make calls, they charge from customers. As a result telephone network/number providers and the company who uses their numbers make money out of customers/clients.

Another issue, they told me as they are making changes to my policy and amend my vehicle details, I asked them to send me a confirmation email or cover note for the new car, it did not happen. Actually, they have not actioned any thing. It make me think, most of the time actual IGO4 staff do not work or present in their offices? Only their call centre staff try to manage everything but they cannot make desicion or process anything ?

It makes me worry if a client need to claim from their insurance what will happen? Are they reliable? Will they actually cover the vehicle when you insure with them?

Check Askmid to see if your new car is insured.

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

If it is not and you can't get confirmation from IG04, I would suggest that you arrange insurance elsewhere and cancel with IG04. When you cancel with IG04 advise that of the problems you have with them and that you have no confidence in their services, so will not accept any cancellation fees to be charged.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just a thought;

'have you had a claim in the last xx years' to which i honestly answered no.

If that truly was the case then surely he wouldn't have to disclose it? By my knowledge when they changed duty of disclosure, you only have to disclose what they ask. A company cant assume that you will know to tell them.

If they said claims AND/OR incidents then yes you should have.

Anyone?

i then made the mistake of getting a different vehicle

Your quote was based on a lower risk, with the correct car the risk is higher so naturally there would be an additional premium for what you would have paid originally had you entered the correct car.

--- ---

promising me that my no claims would not be affected as i had not made a claim, and even sending me written proof of 'no claims', when i came to insure the same car again, the premium was 100 quid more because the theft had been recorded.

You would still keep your no claims discount as you have not claimed, however, quite a large number of insurers do rate on non-fault claims/incidents. Their thoughts behind it are, if you have 20 incidents for theft on your home insurance, you might not claim because the amount is low, but there is obviously a high risk of theft, when you have a large theft you will claim for it, so they charge you for the higher risk of theft.

Not saying I agree but that's the reasoning behind it.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudiceicon. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional.

All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here,my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

" No one can make you feel inferior without your consent " - Eleanor Roosevelt

• 2 years later...

These clowns held an incorrect email address for me, so no communication, insurance ran out, they sent details to an unknown address apparently.

As my card had expired they couldnt take the renewal, so left me driving uninsured.

No phone call, no letter.

USE THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN RISK, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE OR ACCOUNTABILITY.

I now have the first penalty points on my licsense after 23 years driving.

Initial communication by post then it stops and is all via email.

THE LAST TIME I EVER USE A COMPANY WITHOUT A HISTORY AND REPUTATION.