self employment problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am self employed, working for a company doing 20 hours a week. decided to find another 10 hours or so, and got work with a company telesales for carpet cleaning. i did 12 hours work, and he s saying he won,t pay me as i never hit the targets. previously he said 3-5 in the first week, but never said i would not get paid if did,nt reach the targets. any one know wot rights i have, im fumeing, i have emailed him telling him i will seek legal action, how could i have been so stupid,£84 he owes me, hekp:-(

We will need a bit more info.

What does the 2nd job contract say about pay, targets, bonuses, etc. If it was only a verbal contract you would have a difficult time pursuing any legal action.

The rights you have are those within your contract of employment, which should stipulate your pay, etc.

Andy

it dos,nt as he never gave me a contract, thinking about this now, thats prob why, so that he could just use me, and others, i am going to report him to tradeing standards, and also the job site he put the job on, so basicly ive been ripped off then?? i have sent him a email as was told i could take him to a small claims court, and that he would have to pay, but that seems untrue in reality now, so theres nothing that i can do then?

but the job was advertised at £7 a hour,plus commision,so therfore i should of been paid my hours worked.and on the job advert t does not mention getting targets to be paid, missleading advert

Edited by diandmag

A contract is a contract, whether written or verbal. All you have to do is prove that a form of agreement existed. It may be difficult to prove any 'employment' status, but so long as you could demonstrate in some form that you were under contract to provide a service in return for payment then Small Claims would be an option.

Would the job advert give any clues as to what was required? Can you prove that you actually did the work?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

yes i have the link on my comp from the job site from him, and a phone book sent, the london directory,and luton, as stated in the area of the job desription. i even have the links with the phone numbers he sent me so i could work, whilst waiting for the phone book to get here, with also the script so i knew what the job would entail. so i have plenty of proof yes!