Comet Acer laptop return

davey.1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been given an authorisation code from Acer to return a faulty laptop to my local Liverpool store.

I have had countless hardware problems with this product which has included a return and replacement to the store within the first three days of purchase, and three separate returns to Acer's Plymouth repair centre regarding hardware failures.

The problem I have is that I have lost all faith in any Acer products and I don't want a replacement, in fact, I don't want a laptop at all after all the grief over the past twelve months.

Can I request a credit note to purchase any other products except a laptop or must I replace the faulty product?

I suspect that it may be at the managers discretion but any advice is welcome to prepare me.

Many thanks,

Davey.:-D

Depends on its age now!

And if the store was aware and authorised the repairs at the ACER repair centre.

See what the store says? If they agree to what ACER say and acccept that it is faulty you should get your money back at least.

SOGA is the legislation you would enacting; Your contract is between you and the store, anything ACER do is additional to that.

I paid £800 for this product. I accept the fact that it's twelve months old but even Acer (infoteam) have accepted and agreed that the amount of hardware failures was ridiculous.

The best thing to do is ask, you have an RMA from the manufacturer and I would push on what you have actually told us i.e lost faith in laptops all together and your after a credit note.

I wouldn't personally say your entitled to a refund more a replacement but if they do insist on that I would defiantly push to get a different model / make

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

just look at reviews of acer laptops? by people that bought them.

which you should do before you buy any expensive product.

I did that and ended up with a toshiba, which is very good.

Comet are a joke, I bought a laptop in spring 08, in autumn 09 the hard drive nuked, they told me to do a recovery but the disks didnt work so I took it to comet and they sent it away to there workshop in Birkenhead( I live in Liverpool 10 mins away as was the store I bought it) they replaced the hard drive and passed to the relevant dept to send back to the store, where it sat for almost three weeks:mad2: when eventually did comeback there was no recovery software to make new discs or discovery partition, three months later same again but this time no recovery option, again it was fixed within in days but once again left on a shelf for three weeks awaiting shop delivery, I pleaded with them to do something, I even offered to go and pick it up myself but again steadfast refusal.

When I did get it back, to my horror there was nothing on it, no windows and disgustingly a note shoved on top telling me to ring acer on a premium rate number to buy a disc for £50 to restore it, shocking, I rang comet for help only to have the sickening misfortune to get through to the worse most veil arrogant, horrible disgusting customer service rep Richard Thompson I have ever met/spoke who drove me to tears, Id got acer to agree if comet would cover the £50 they would send a disc out(yet more weeks to wait) but this worm refused, to make matters worse he said a supervisor might be able to help but wouldnt put me throught just offered a premium rate number and not even a address, I hung up, went back to the store explained but the again refused to help saying policy had changed and they were not putting windows back on anymore.

So with nowhere else to go with them, I went to a local computer repair shop and had to pay £35 pound on a card putting me more into debt to get it reinstalled and shockingly during the repair the discover that one of my memory slots didnt work, so comet had installed a faulty motherboard! but I thought no way was I taking it back for them again, upto now its fine no thanks to Comet

That was 2010, I dont know if policy has changed again, but its disgraceful and scandalous that there repairing and sending computers back with nothing on, even worse if your not computer savvy, I am a bit which helped, comet are a disgrace.

Edited by Scone76
typos

CCMrob if you had bothered to read my post properly, you would have seen that I did and a back up one, both of which FAILED, your spot on about loading windows on a new drive, as i said, their a disgrace

Thats ok, no probs, no as comet indicated discs were faulty, qnd to get rid and as I said when they put the first new HDD in there was no software to make new ones, I raised the point with comet but again no interest, I agree I think the acer probably would have but I think it was Comet who repaired it, thanks upto now its fine *crosses fingers*

Hi Scone ,

Best starting a new thread with regards to your issues as this thread is still ongoing with regards to davey.

Just to add one of the reasons Windows was not Re-Installed by COMET

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tech-industry/3328039/comet-sued-by-microsoft-for-selling-counterfeit-recovery-discs/

This would apply to any WINDOWS operating System.

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy