Grumpy Old Men (& Women) Thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All my years as an engineer saw me swearing at French cars more than all the others put together - I wouldn't even take delivery of one if I won it in a competition.

Designed and built to a price instead of the other way around.

Edited by Conniff

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do you justify my 249,000 mile Citroen Saxo then Conniff??? And run for in excess of 115K miles on a mix of LPG and petrol which has a habit of destroying cylinder heads.

Not a fan of Citroen but you have to admire some of the engineering and longevity. Not true to slate French cars but it is fair play to ridicule the French!!!

I'll make a separate thread tomorrow so we can drip all over each other and just whinge in general and just to give you a flavour, I would rather have a Trabant than a French car. :)

You could buy a Bentley Continental Conniff. The bodys' for which are assembled on the old Trabant line at VW's Sachsen Zwickau plant. Then you will have a modern Trabant!! One of the funniest things I've seen. Bentleys coming off the Trabant line :lol:

What car do you drive, is it better than the next mans or is there something else you would rather be driving?

The Grumpy Old Mens thread is somewhere you can moan or praise to your hearts content. No swearing at each other tho please.

PS Tetley tea is better than PG.

Can grumpy old ladies join in ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Can grumpy old ladies join in ?

In the spirit of sexual equality

NO! :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So how do you justify my 249,000 mile Citroen Saxo then Conniff??? And run for in excess of 115K miles on a mix of LPG and petrol which has a habit of destroying cylinder heads.

Not a fan of Citroen but you have to admire some of the engineering and longevity. Not true to slate French cars but it is fair play to ridicule the French!!!

i think that is the first time I have ever heard of a car being clocked by adding miles :lol:

I was going to say something sexist and then remembered will be seeing you in Bath.

Crikey Phil, I read that quickly then and thought it said be seeing you In THE Bath!

Should have gone to Specsavers... :-)

Gbarbm

Hmmm! Reality TV. Watching paint dry? Reality TV or watching paint dry. Simples

Why oh why do people want to air their dirty laundry in public.

Give me a good old film or documentary any day

(Is that grumpy enough)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I've got a VW Polo, had it for 3 years and loved it - but now it's got a problem that no-one seems to be able to fix - emissions warning light keeps coming on (apparently VW Polos and Golfs are well known for this). It's had just about eveything checked and still the light keeps coming on, next time it goes off I'm trading it in !!

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I've got a VW Polo, had it for 3 years and loved it - but now it's got a problem that no-one seems to be able to fix - emissions warning light keeps coming on (apparently VW Polos and Golfs are well known for this). It's had just about eveything checked and still the light keeps coming on, next time it goes off I'm trading it in !!

So it comes and goes at will ?

Do I remember you bringing this up a couple of years ago and you haven't connected it to ign light yet?

i think that is the first time I have ever heard of a car being clocked by adding miles :lol:

Depends how you read it Conniff. Had over 100K before LPG fitted. Just eats exhausts now every 18 months so get 2 year guarantee and get 36 months!

It was last November I think it started

I'll have it unless it's one of the poxy 3 cylinder ones. Can't beat a Polo even with XXX!

Afraid it's one of the poxy 3 cylinder ones :(

No just over 20k

It's 2007 - cylinder head been checked and is apparently ok. Any easy way to get the light off?