Summer 2012

babybear39
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not everyone is that bad BB and you did get a lift from New St. to save you the taxi fare in 2009.

Chester has some good deals on. Holiday Inn at Chester Racecourse offer rooms for 2-3 at less than £50 with buffet breakfast in with that with good reviews. 10 mins. walk from the centre, free parking and wi-fi.

I wasn't meaning you at all... I'm very grateful to you and your husband for meeting me at the station, helping with my anxiety and taking me back to New Street the following day :) I'll have a look at your Chester suggestion...

Edited by caro
removing reference to a private matter.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone is that bad BB and you did get a lift from New St. to save you the taxi fare in 2009. You did say at the time you had problems with someone for paying their share of the room and it took a while to get it long after.

Chester has some good deals on. Holiday Inn at Chester Racecourse offer rooms for 2-3 at less than £50 with buffet breakfast in with that with good reviews. 10 mins. walk from the centre, free parking and wi-fi.

Have you got a link please 'cos it's only showing rooms @ £100 per night :???:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Trivago listed several places that had nights for £50 there. It does get cheaper closer to the time as I've just booked a room there through Holiday Inn and it came down to £45.05 with brekky for 2. I suppose it will depend on the date you need but it does seem good value compared to a lot of hotels.

http://www.trivago.co.uk/region.php?pagetype=hotels&path=38863&name=the-macdonald-new-blossoms&item=18947&geo_distance_item=18947&do_available_search=true&date_range::from=1343512800&date_range::to=1343599200

I understand all that but I cannot leave anything 'til the last minute purely because of needing to book everything together ie. room, travel etc... I don't fit in to anyone's boxes :(

I think we need to narrow it down a bit, and review who wants to go where or summer (if you can call it that!) will be gone.

Nys mentioned that Birmingham is too far north, and a few others have expressed an interest if it IS there.

So for Birmingham we have:-

Babybear

Squaddie

Shelley181146

Rodders59

Overdone?

Caro?

For Wales we have:-

Babybear

Hwyl56

Would Wales be a possibility for you Nys?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Tilly, have you moved again? Did I miss out on the flat warming?

yup i'm an emit now moved to Cornwall/Plymouth lol .....not had one yet but anytime your passing be sure to pop in it's been ages!

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

I take it that a Venue has not been agreed then?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

It's nice by the canal in Birmingham but you can't beat Wetherspoons for good value food and drinks. Would you be thinking of staying over Shelley?

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro,

No, I would be driving home but I do agree, it is very nice alongside the canal in Birmingham. Especially if we get some nice weather.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not been around for a few weeks folks. Been back in hospital critically ill again after collapsing at home. Was in hospital critical for a week, another week to recover enough to come home and only now getting around to deal with a massive backlog of messages etc... Will post when head is in better state... Thanks everyone for all your kind messages, support and concern for my daughter and me on here and facebook...xxx

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly again BB. Get well soon x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Glad to hear you're on the mend BB.:-)

What's Best for You?

Anyone know a good med. neg. lawyer?