Summer 2012

babybear39
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i could not agree more babybear

i did not know of your medical condition yet you still grammer checked my dissertation

all 5000 words of it

thats what a sense of family is about

knowing their are people still out their in peoples time of need

no matter what the problem

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any and all CAG meets have been and gone without a lot of us at least being informed...

There is no Birmingham meet this year as far as I know...

However, there have been other meets during the last year and especially three months; and the last three years in fact; in various parts of the country which were private. No worries, up to them...

It was the same in 2010 when I came out of the coma. As mentioned a callous b'tard made very ungracious comments about me of which it should have been lucky to not get a libel/defamation/slander suit slapped on it...

I was ostracised even though I made an innocent enquiry/joke and was absolutely viciously and vehemently slated...

As Shelley says BB, let the negative stuff go. The whole idea of CAG and CAG meets is they're open to all. No doubt some people have made friends on CAG and might meet privately but that's up to them. As far as I'm concerned, if it's not open to all it's not a CAG meet. I know I haven't been to one since last years meet in Birmingham.

You started this thread asking Birmingham or Wales. Seems to be a few interested, so where's do people prefer? Can't commit myself at the moment, but depending where and when will see if I can manage it ......

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It wasn't my intention to rub you up the wrong way Babybear. I think you have mis-interpreted my post.

Like I said, be great to meet up

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Ok, I'm a big enough girl to stand back and take a breath...

5000 words is small stuff for me squaddie and my pleasure :)

Caro, you always know how to put me in my place :razz:

For housing issues, ie. leaks, damp etc. I have to withdraw my invitation to Wales because I don't want anyone having to camp out in the yard :razz:

Shelley181146, Birmingham suits me because it's a through train from Wales...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

NOW F THE OTHERS AND LETS GET THIS SORTED!!! Hotels aren't going to be on offer fro ever you know...xxx

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Birmingham is good for me too.

All we need now is Venue/date/time.

I have never been to one before so is there a regular venue?

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Jurys is a favourite hotel for the last three years. I'd need to book early 'cos of needing a disabled room 'cos, even though last year they had smoking rooms I don't think they will now unless the legislation hasn't gone through yet...

Creatures of habbit we are ;) Night out, food and drink the hotel bar dry... Retire and then up and guzzle the breckies :)

Got to cut and 'run' 'cos got a pain review in the a.m... Nos da xxx

Let me know when a date/time has been decided - Brum is okay for me

YAY!!! We have lift off :) I shall check Jurys and get back to you all...

In the voice of Catherine Tate "nah, you're kidding me..." Juys still has smoking rooms even though refurbished. Example prices Friday 17th August B & B for TWO adults PER ROOM £68! Saturday 18th same terms £78! Non refundable on the Friday is £53.60!!! Please don't mod this post :) And yes, that's per room not per person!

Hi Babybear,

Just wanted to say hello!!

I have read lots of your post and always feal like you have given great advice, As you can see from my posts I haven't been here long but if what you're saying is true then it's a real shame and I have to admit I have seen some posts from peple who have jumped down peoples throats for the slightest error, there is no need but like Caro says they are know it alls!. I hope that this site doesn't dissappear because of a few nasty people.

All the best to you.

Myfamily.

Hi and welcome to our mad CAG family. Please feel free to come to a meet as you'll find that we're not just know it alls... We're real people with a plethora of different circumstances, backgrounds etc... There are only two small caveat in that pictures are only to be posted with the express permission of CAG members and that you know how to have a good time :)

I'll post in the Bear Garden...

Also, BB helped me with my first stat Demand set aside. I was overwhelmed by her Knowledge. We have met at a couple of meets and my sweetest memories are of Birmingham and Jury's Inn. I did not got last time because of the Riots. These meets are expensive but it is part of the way I show my appreciation when I can afford to go. Anyone want to arrange another?

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Nothing's booked yet so there is chance to change venue and dates... I was giving an example of Brum 'cos we've been to the hotel before an the price is a very good deal...

Also, BB helped me with my first stat Demand set aside. I was overwhelmed by her Knowledge. We have met at a couple of meets and my sweetest memories are of Birmingham and Jury's Inn. I did not got last time because of the Riots. These meets are expensive but it is part of the way I show my appreciation when I can afford to go. Anyone want to arrange another?

Stat demands with a few DCAs are a pet subject of mine. Thank you for reminding me overdone...

The power of saving in dribbs and drabs would maybe help facilitate a lot of peoples needs. Most of us have PayPal and various means of submitting money. A CAG Meet fund, with individual accounts might be a good idea to encourage saving for these costly functions. Hotels and drinks allowance saving group. Would someone like to set one up and then negotiate family rooms with a discount, confident that the money is there upfront when people are committed initially. All they would lose through sudden crisis or unexpected bills is their share of the room money. What do others think?

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

As I recall 1st crud, CONnaught and crapquest were the worst offenders...

Are they still under OFT sanctions for abusing the insolvency service as a debt collection tool?

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at Cardiff and there isn't a comparable hotel that comes close to Jurys in Birmingham. If anyone wants to suggest/research other cities/locations feel free but we really need to start sorting this out to take advantage on the various offers 'specially B & B rates at Jurys Birmingham...

Not everyone is that bad BB and you did get a lift from New St. to save you the taxi fare in 2009.

Chester has some good deals on. Holiday Inn at Chester Racecourse offer rooms for 2-3 at less than £50 with buffet breakfast in with that with good reviews. 10 mins. walk from the centre, free parking and wi-fi.

Edited by caro
Removing reference to a private matter.