Comet....... more like VOMIT

M Mwell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I appreciate that this is not an official Comet page, however i thought it would be best to highlight my mothers ongoing problems with Comet.

Maybe this will prompt an advisor from Comet to take this matter up.

I am writing this on behalf of my mother who has reached the end of her tether dealing with your company.

My mum purchased a washing machine from your Rochester store on the 25th April 2011, however the machine has developed a fault with the spin cycle.

This was reported to you in January and as such an appointment was made for one of your engineers to visit to fix this fault.

The engineer then ordered a part for the machine,

the engineer then returned with the wrong part and ordered another replacement.

Two weeks later the correct part arrived and your engineer fitted the part - - however the machine was still faulty.

My mum then called your customer service team and was advised that the part would need a couple of weeks to "settle in".

Perhaps you could explain how this item, a PCB by the way needs time to settle in?

My mother then called your customer service team to be told that there is no fault with the machine,

again how can a call centre employee diagnose that the machine works and is fit for purpose?

My mum then travelled to the store this item was purchased from and explained to one of your managers the problem,

the manager spoke with your customer service department and another appointment was made.

Almost three months have passed since the original call to request an engineer to fix the faulty machine,

last week an engineer was due to visit however we were told that he was sick and that he would call the following day,

this did not happen.

This prompted my mother to visit the store again to get help,

the store manager said that she was not able to get anywhere with this matter and that we would need to contact head office.

My mother has called your head office on numerous occasions and asked for a manager to call back

but nobody could commit to this and that directors do not speak to members of the public!!!!!!!

We are at a total loss what to do next and to rub salt in the wounds the calls my mother has made have been charged at a peak rate.

Upon further inspection of the receipt it would appear that the warranty on this machine expires on the 25th April 2012,

it is my belief that you are stalling so that the warranty expires and you will use this clause to fob my mother off again

My mother has lost all faith in your engineers and your company and therefore seeks a replacement of this item as she feels it is not fit for purpose.

We await correspondence from Comet however if this situation is not rectified within a reasonable time scale of seven days

we have no other option than to commence court proceedings against you.

To have a faulty washing machine that does not work for three months is totally unacceptable considering this item has an extended warranty paid for by my mother.

Welcome to the forums.

A few things

1. Don't worry about the warranty running out, this is an on-going problem so it can't expire.

2. Don't worry about the warranty, this is just an extra they use to excuse non compliance with the regs in later life.

3. You have the Sale of Goods act to thump them right between the eyes with.

You are right about one thing, the utter rubbish spoken by the call centre op, (obviously more used to selling fish), a pcb needs settling in time, don't ring again, he might tell you it's all you fault because you put in the wrong coloured sheets or fitted the wrong spark plugs.

No more phone calls please, all correspondence in a letter and a recorded one at that.

We now give them a deadline to fix it and make time of the essence, failure to meet this deadline will mean the employment of a local engineer and the bill passed to Comet. Failure to pay this bill will result in a claim in the small claims court.

Thanks Conniff, the level of care is shocking and the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I will help my mum write her final letter to comet giving them one final chance to resolve this matter before we get a real engineer to fix the fault. Will make ME think twice about ever buying anything from Comet!

Hi M and welcome to CAG ,

Glad you made it here ,

YES correct nothing to do with COMET whatsoever but here to help and advise as best as possible .

If you have plenty hours to spare you can read the many posts and threads here on CAG you are not alone regarding your COMET experience.

The Site team guys will point you in the right direction and I no doubt will offer my tuppence worth as well .

Just to add COMETs 450 field Service Engineers based in the UK are now working their notice as it would seem they are no longer required , will this improve COMETs customer service ?

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy

Just to add COMETs 450 field Service Engineers based in the UK are now working their notice as it would seem they are no longer required , will this improve COMETs customer service ?

It will improve nothing, customer service starts at the top, they know damn well what's going on and their failure to act means they condone the appalling service. As new owners, they had a superb chance to sweep clean and decided not to take that chance.

Edited by Conniff

It will improve nothing, customer service starts at the top, they know damn well what's going on and their failure to act means they condone the appalling service. As new owners, they had a superb chance to sweep clean and decided not to take that chance.

Totally agree Conniff it certainly will not get any better .

Although they have started to sweep clean starting with their Skilled Service Engineers and a major call centre in Hull .

Just to quote edwinchucks post in another thread ,

" John Clare, formerly of DSG, is now top-dog at Comet, at least for the time being. It is rumoured that Comet is going to be wound down over the next 12 to 18 months in a 'controlled ruination'.

The same Cerberus corporate demolition squad, which killed off Focus DIY, B&B, Northern Rocklink3.gif, the Derbyshire and Cheshire Building Societies and Woolworth plc, has been installed in Comet HQ (under the new guise of OpCapita. New name, same people). "

Well if the rumour is true it would explain many things and the appalling customer service will get more appalling .

Edited by Conniff
Correct a couple of typos I made.

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 4 weeks later...