***help please***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was travelling back from Aberdeen to glasgow yesterday. Myself and 2 other friends. We were a bit tipsy and one of my friends was very loud, not abusive, just really loud. There were x3 transport police on the train and they came over and gave us all a warning.

About an hour later when the train came into Perth, the police came over to us again and they asked me to get off the train. Only me, left my other two friends there. They took me off and charged me with section 6 byelaw.

I'm totally gutted. What will happen to me? I want to contest this. I did nothing wrong. I'm really worried about the implications this will have on my job as I work in finance and have to complete a disclosure every 12months. Should I seek out a lawyer as I wasnt the one being loud.

I'm scared for myself and my familys future, I cant have a criminal record. Please help.

This is from the 2000 version of the byelaws. I don't know if that is the most up to date version, but the forum guys will.

What happened to your friends btw, are they facing the same charges, or is it just you?

Here's the s6 wording.

6. Unacceptable behaviour

(1) No person shall use any threatening, abusive, obscene or offensive language on the railway.

(2) No person shall behave in a disorderly, indecent or offensive manner on the railway.

(3) No person shall write, draw, paint or fix anything on the railway.

(4) No person shall soil any part of the railway.

(5) No person shall damage or detach any part of the railway.

(6) No person shall spit on the railway.

(7) No person shall drop litter or leave waste on the railway.

(8) No person shall molest or wilfully interfere with the comfort or convenience of any person on the railway.

I hope the guys in the know will be along later, please bear with us until they're able to get here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My friends were told to stay on the train. They got off with me anyway. I was the only one that was charged. I kept asking why? What have I done etc...? They wouldn't listen to a work I said, they ignored me. I'm really worried about this. I'm so frustrated as it was not me making the noise. Worrying times for me.

As HB says, the CCTV will show the incident and hopefully exonerate you.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

If the CCTV contains footage of the OP, he is entitled to veiw it or request a copy. He should contact the TOC giving the time of the train etc. If the matter ends up in court, his solicitor can also obtain a copy as evidence.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Remember that CCTV has no audio.

Believe it or not, some do.

Please Note

it will be your word against theirs, and if there are three of them...........

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.