vets and Insurance

herodog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I for one despise all banks and their 'Might is Right attitude' but I think in the case of Pet Insurance we should look at the Vets first - these people are biting the hand that feeds them. We are in a bitter dispute with our vet - who has just charged our Insurance company in excess of £1200 for an X ray when he advised us the charge would be no more than £300, he also completely misdiagnosed the illness and we took our wonderful dog to another Vet within 5 minutes of the previous vet - he charged £174.00 for the same X ray and the results were disastrous and meant the loss of our pet. So perhaps a campaign should be waged against these unscrupulous Vets - who are normally part of a chain whose management are not Animal Welfare practitioners but financiers.

No financial institution can afford these ridiculous charges.

It has long been my opinion that some vets have treated the insurance companies as a cash cow. I'd lay the blame partly at their door but mainly with the insurers who have been paying out without question for what I regard as insurance fraud. If they'd actually employed real experts (as they claim they do) to oversee claims we might not be in the mess we are with so many insurers pulling out of the market. Many in-house tests are marketed to vets by the manufacturers as cash generators and I've seen evidence of one being repeated at two weekly intervals when the original negative result couldn't have changed. How did the insurer not pick that up?

• 1 month later...