Halifax sold on debt I believe, Capquest chasing - sold on my info as well!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have an old £1900 debt that is about 10 years old. I was paying a company called IQOR a small amount here and there but since I had an amount of money due back to me from claimed PPI I was waiting to have that applied to the debt before reaching a settlement. However, as a lot of you are experiencing they are taking their sweet time about paying the £600 back to me and applying a reduction of about £400 to the debt (They are well over 3 months late after advising me of the amounts due to me *not the recommended 30 days*).

I recently had a call from a company called Cap-Quest left at an old address. After lots of due diligence on the web I realise they've probably bought the debt. I found IQOR had 'sent the debt back to their client' but halifax aren't willing to discuss if the debt has been sold or instructed.

Further more after phoning Capquest and updating my contact details (they were harassing my parents as I've since moved out) I have now started having phone calls from a company called ETA Claims. They would like to help me with my PPI claims. I am convinced CapQuest have not only bought my debt but are selling my information.

Since I have been paying IQOR previously and have claimed/ing the PPI back is it worth me sending CapQuest a CCA and SAR (And SAR'ing Halifax) for that matter since I would like to know how my accounts have been handled etc. I have opened up a parachute account but stupidly did it in Lloyds which is all part of the same banking group and centralised system of Bank accounts.

Can I dispute this debt with CapQuest, does a ppi claim that indicates (from the original debtor) that their claim for £1900 is not correct given the reduced balance and monies owed, does my ppi claim put the debt into dispute by law?

I'm not happy paying a shady company money when I have no acknowledgement that any money I pay will actually go onto the debt. However if I CCA them I am prepared to get the backlash of statutory demands etc they like to throw (I've read other threads). What do I do if they don't send me a copy of the signed credit agreement? Do I dispute the monies based on my PPI claim even though I've been paying (although I haven't paid them a penny).

I've not received a statement or anything regarding this debt from Halifax, just different companies passing it around and get in touch. I believe I have already defaulted many years ago but I'm not willing to check Experian etc as it just triggers new companies cold calling and frankly they sell on information as well.

I want to go to get all charges back for the many years I've been paying over the odds. I want to SAR Halifax, CCA and SAR cap quest and then take Santander to court for years of disproportionate late charges (not to mention trying to get back old charges 10+ years from Barclays and HSBC) and I'd love for a SAR from Capquest to show they have been selling my contact details (I can prove it circumstantially, I changed my number not long ago and the only company I've provided it to are CrapQuest).

I'm ready for war - just need pointing in the right direction.

You really should not phone any DCA.

Lets sipel the myth that checking your

credit files triggers anything is is not

seen by anyone else, and is an essential

tool to sorting out your problems, check

bot Experian and Equiffax to get a clear

picture of where these accounts are at.

Also please be aware that as you put it

''selling your contact details'' when a debt is

sold those details are fair game and will

be covered by the terms and conditions of

the original agreement (s) covering sharing,selling

or assigning the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Another point to help you, tackle one debt at a time,

deal with them only i writting.

Make a folder for each creditor/debt.

keep a paper trail on all correspondence,

and seek advice here as move on.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: