Home Learning College + APEX again

fractal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, all - I am very grateful this forum exists!

Apologies in advance if I am posting the thread to the wrong forum - I am not sure whether it belongs to Students or Debt Collection sub-forums.

To sum up my story, which is similar to many ones already here: I signed up for the CIW combined course; was not happy with it but kept up with the payments for a year as I was refused cancelling, and decided I might just as well use the exam vouchers when I get to the stage to be ready to pass the exams but after moving abroad have discovered that the local examination facility does not acknowledge any vouchers purchased in a foreign country.

I asked for a refund again, pointing out this reason, as well as the fact that I have not found their course useful, have not used their VLC, have not submitted any assignments and have never bothered the tutor for any support. Another reason I gave was the fact that due to my unexpected return to my home country (family reasons) I would find it hard to keep up with payments, especially for something I might not be able to use anyway. Communication has been by phone, and the paper trail is limited: I got (by email) some form for assessing my income and expenditure???!!! Even though I made it perfectly clear that I want to cancel further payment, as well as an estimate of costs so far incurred by me, and what is the refund I can claim. I suppose (maybe wrongly?) that this case fits within this framework:

"If you no longer want the item" at the direct gov website (sorry, new poster and can't post links).

The worst case scenario I assumed was that I won't get anything refunded but any paymen requests would stop - especially since they stopped my access to the VLC (fine by me).

However, they seem to have passed on my request to Apex. Now these bullies deserve a separate forum... Apex kept phoning even though I asked them to send me information about what they wanted by email as I am not in the country. They kept phoning the landline number at my last UK address, even though I had warned HLC NOT to use it, as it is not my landline, and what is more, the telephone is answered by an elderly lady who gets confused and/or panics, or by her carers who get upset, naturally. After I phoned Apex and told them I will file a harrassment complaint, they have finally contacted me by email, still not providing any information about what case they have.

I refuse to acknowledge any debt, and would definitely take the matter further, especially if my credit report shows damage.

What should be the best course of action - please help. This is a very short attempt at describing the situation. My hunch is filing a complaint for phone harrassment, and sending a CCA request for starters.

P.S. I don't even have the vouchers in my hands - haven't claimed them; the only thing that has been used (no markings; just opened a couple of times) have been the books which are the same as the ones sold at CIWCertified website, and I have those materials.

I couldn't cancel within their limit because the books were delivered only 2 weeks later! Luckily, I have proof of that (correspondence and scan of the DHL packaging). Actually, they were misdelivered - they had "forgotten" to put the books in, and had sent only a prospectus 2 weeks later, so I have retained copy of the correspondence, including said scan.

Guest Home Learning College

Hi Fractal

We are sorry to hear about your issues with your Home Learning College course. We take all complaints very seriously and would like to get in contact with you to see if we can help with you resolve your case.

Please contact our customer support team on +4420 8676 6025 or via email.

Kind Regards

Home Learning College

Thank you for your message. I would prefer to keep everything in writing, really. Which email address is it best to contact regarding cancellation and/or complaints?

Hi Fractal

customer.support @homelearningcollege.com is the address to send your query to.

Thank you.

I have just received a response from APEX that they are the institution currently dealing with the case. Does it mean that I should send all the information via them, or contact you directly?

Hi Fractal

Could you send the information to both Home Learning College and APEX please.