Made formal complaint. Now being disciplined myself

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently I felt it necessary to make a complaint about two polish co-workers who were constantly giving me hassle when I'm busy and in need of assistance.

I had been of work for just over a week due to stress. I returned to work on Monday. Near the end of the day (approx 3.20) I was called to the office and handed a brown envelope and was just told it was documents relating to the complaint I made. At the minute I am in the middle of moving into a flat of my own. Because of this it was late evening when I opened the envelope. I was horrified when I read the cover letter saying I was required to attend a formal disciplinary hearing on Tuesday at 2.30pm.

The company has been investigating allegations of misconduct against you for:

Breach of discrimination, Harassment and victimization policy namely the use of abusive and insulting words/behaviour to work colleagues

Breach of discrimination, Harassment and victimization policy namely engaging in unnecessary body contact with another employee.

:???:

I have managed to get this postponed to Monday 27th @2.00pm

Also in the envelope were 3 statements 1 from one of the accused dated 27/01 and two from me 26/01 and 30/1

I can post more details if required but my main concern is remarks made by the accused in his statement that weren't brought to my attention when I was called to give a second statement on 30th

"Afternoon (me) start to get busy on vac pac machine. Not really too busy (extremely busy considering I was on my own) he just very slow, always slow.

If someone else work on vac pac they put three bags he only puts one (absolute rubbish) that's why he so busy"

Now here is the bit that really annoys me regarding the alleged body contact. when the supervisor asked him if he wanted to report me (no-one asked if I wanted to make a complaint) his statement says "I said no. I said no cause I know rules in ****** ***** if someone hit someone probably lose job. But he not young not work fast enough difficult for him to get new job".

Is this not ageism and shouldn't I have been told that he said this?

Is there any possiblity of victimisation here. Firstly he said he didn't want to report me. Seondly I am already on a written warning from late last year. In that case I told a colleague to f*** off because he had been continually hasseling me to do my job different to the way my supervisor said it should be done. The statement this other guy gave was complete lies. He said he had asked me to help him. That explains why the supervisor came and stood over me for several minutes watching what I was doing and then ordered me to go help the other guy. This guy did not ask me to help him because he didn't need any. I pointed this out at the prlim, meeting and following discipliary hearing

They didn't seem to care that I had only said f off after provocation.

As I said, I can provide more detail if needed and I don't intend to take this lightly so if anyone can be of help that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Hi

Agree with HB you need to request in writing a copy of:

* Disciplinary & Grievance Policy/Porcedure.

* Harassment Policy/Procedure.

* Equality Policy/procedure.

(Always ask for both Policy/Procedure also remember what is in a staff handbook may just be a shortened version you want full versions and put everything in writing and send recorded delivery its always best to keep a paper trail).

Have a look at the ACAS Website here the link: www.acas.org.uk

Have you also been informed if you can attend with a Union Rep or a Work Colleague?

Now you would really need to see the companies disciplinary & grievance policy/procedure as to whether you can request that as well as the statement from the accused you would like them to attend the disciplinary as you should then be given an opportunity to ask them relevant questions.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I'm a bit confused - is your colleague accusing you of hitting him, but saying he didn't report it because he knew you would lose your job?

I've got to ask (please don't be offended if the answer is in the negative, I just think it's quite an important point) but did you hit him?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Recently I felt it necessary to make a complaint about two polish co-workers who were constantly giving me hassle when I'm busy and in need of assistance.

I had been of work for just over a week due to stress. I returned to work on Monday. Near the end of the day (approx 3.20) I was called to the office and handed a brown envelope and was just told it was documents relating to the complaint I made. At the minute I am in the middle of moving into a flat of my own. Because of this it was late evening when I opened the envelope. I was horrified when I read the cover letter saying I was required to attend a formal disciplinary hearing on Tuesday at 2.30pm.

The company has been investigating allegations of misconduct against you for:

Breach of discrimination, Harassment and victimization policy namely the use of abusive and insulting words/behaviour to work colleagues

Breach of discrimination, Harassment and victimization policy namely engaging in unnecessary body contact with another employee.

:???:

I have managed to get this postponed to Monday 27th @2.00pm

Also in the envelope were 3 statements 1 from one of the accused dated 27/01 and two from me 26/01 and 30/1

I can post more details if required but my main concern is remarks made by the accused in his statement that weren't brought to my attention when I was called to give a second statement on 30th

"Afternoon (me) start to get busy on vac pac machine. Not really too busy (extremely busy considering I was on my own) he just very slow, always slow.

If someone else work on vac pac they put three bags he only puts one (absolute rubbish) that's why he so busy"

Now here is the bit that really annoys me regarding the alleged body contact. when the supervisor asked him if he wanted to report me (no-one asked if I wanted to make a complaint) his statement says "I said no. I said no cause I know rules in ****** ***** if someone hit someone probably lose job. But he not young not work fast enough difficult for him to get new job".

Is this not ageism and shouldn't I have been told that he said this?

Is there any possiblity of victimisation here. Firstly he said he didn't want to report me. Seondly I am already on a written warning from late last year. In that case I told a colleague to f*** off because he had been continually hasseling me to do my job different to the way my supervisor said it should be done. The statement this other guy gave was complete lies. He said he had asked me to help him. That explains why the supervisor came and stood over me for several minutes watching what I was doing and then ordered me to go help the other guy. This guy did not ask me to help him because he didn't need any. I pointed this out at the prlim, meeting and following discipliary hearing

They didn't seem to care that I had only said f off after provocation.

As I said, I can provide more detail if needed and I don't intend to take this lightly so if anyone can be of help that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Could you detail the two points above?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.