Is it true that banks are charging you more if you claim and stay with them???

silverbird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I read this and wondered if it were true:

Hey,

I'm all for getting back charges if incurred unlawfully or incorrectly however just thought I would mention after working for a major bank until recently that the banks have a definite strategy for dealing with this.

You may receive back dated charges however from now on be aware your account is now fair game for increasing amounts of charges (they have to recoup the money some how!!) I would advise you to swop banks.

When you accept these charges you are effectively accepting you will not ask for any sort of refund again!

Can anybody tell me if this is correct?

When you accept these charges you are effectively accepting you will not ask for any sort of refund again!

:lol:

Someone rewriting the law as they go along? Where did you find this, please? It really needs some correcting ASAP.

Ask yourself about the nature of penalty charges. Now, using the same logic, reply to the question yourself... If it is a penalty when it's say £30, is it not going to be one when it's £40, applied to s/one who has already claimed once? :rolleyes: