Lloyds Refused to Give Copies of Statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My bloke has been trying for over a month to get copies of statements from Lloyds.

He has paid £10, which they have accepted, the statements haven't turned up, and when he rang the call centre, some little brainiac said they weren't going to send him statements, he didn't care about the Data Protection Act, and he didn't care if my bloke took Lloyds to court over it.

He is just about to speak to a manager now, what should his next step be if they refuse to provide statements?

Co-op - £128 settled in full, June '06

First Direct - £125 settled in full, July '06

Barclays - offer made, Dec '06.

First Direct part deux - charges refunded in full, Oct '06, threatened to close a/c in Nov '06, letter dispatched to head man.

Student Loan Company - £25 of charges refunded, Nov '06.

Mr Princess

Lloyds - LBA dispatched, Oct '06

MBNA - LBA dispatched, Nov '06

Brilliant

A mananger is ringing in back soon, apparently, so he is going to mention the county court bit.

thanks

First Direct part deux - charges refunded in full, Oct '06, threatened to close a/c in Nov '06, letter dispatched to head man.

Mr Princess

My bloke has been trying for over a month to get copies of statements from Lloyds.

He has paid £10, which they have accepted, the statements haven't turned up, and when he rang the call centre, some little brainiac said they weren't going to send him statements, he didn't care about the Data Protection Act, and he didn't care if my bloke took Lloyds to court over it.

He is just about to speak to a manager now, what should his next step be if they refuse to provide statements?

It's just a thought but how did you ask for the statements? Did you send in the usual DAP S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter with your tenner? Did you, in the letter actually ask for statements?

I'm not at all sure that you can request copy statements under the Data Protection Act, you can certainly ask for, and get a complete breakdown of all entries on your file and a list of transactions and charges but if you specifically asked for copies of statements then could that be the sticking point?

It's just a thought, sorry if I'm way off beam.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Yes it was the SAR as printed out by my fair self, I just said statements for ease of explanation.

Mr Princess

Yes it was the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as printed out by my fair self, I just said statements for ease of explanation.

No problem, it was just a thought.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Lloyds did this to a friend of mine sent of SAR and they rang him up and asked why he wanted statements and said that it would cost him about £500 as he had account since 1974. he rang back and told them exactly wat he had asked for ....and I haven't spoke to him since so will let you know when I see him!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

My bloke got an apologetic phone call from Lloyds, who admitted they had not started to process his request even thought he has sent three letters in about two months.

And they said the member of staff was 'spoken to' as the call had been recorded.

He is still looking to make a FOS complaint and one to the Data Protection Commissioner after their lousy service.

They asked if they could do anything to resolve his complaint, he suggested refunding all his charges and removing the three defaults he incurred through the aforementioned charges.

The person he was speaking to "didn't have the relevant authority", suprise, suprise.

I know where you are coming from with LTSB , I am currently dealing with them myself trying to get nearly £2000 worth of charges in 6 years; No that is not a typo it is really £2000. In fact im one month, a month in which I requested an extension of my overdraft, which they refused they charged me £240 in charges. I have just had a response to my first letter requesting all charges to be repayed. Guess what LLoyds TSB are I quote "are very sorry that I am unhappy with my charges ". but they are fair charges so they are not going to refund my money. Well onto the next stage now as I am so infuriated with their response. Good luck to you all in this ongoing battle.

Lloyds are a tough cookie to deal with, but stick with it and you will all get your money back.

Can I suggest that all of you posting on this thread now start a new thread in the Lloyds forum. There you will receive help and advice from others in the same boat, and you'll be able to keep a timeline of your progress.

Also have a look at the Lloyds successes forum for a confidence booster!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

wot do i do to start the ball rolling??

Read the FAQ's and take time to familiarise yourself with some of the appropriate threads on here; give yourself 3 or 4 days worth of reading the forum.

The FAQ's give you all you need to get going.

If you have any specific questions after genning yourself up then start a thread; you will get answers.

Pete