MBNA CCJ/CO sold to Optima Legal & PPI REclaiming

siriusb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you - much appreciated. At least I know they have to do something- Marlin that is.

I'm just wondering if the court have to inform me/give me the option to object?

Have they implied they are going to take some form of action against you ?

Yes, I would think that you would most certainly be given the opportunity to object.

As I understand it, you are making payments to the judgment debt and as such no order for sale should be permitted. The property is joint owned so that could present them with a problem I would have thought.

Is there any outstanding mortgage / secured loans - if there was an enforced sale (which I doubt) anything to do with the Mortgage will be first in the queue.

I am sure others with more knowledge will pop in with advice as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Were Optima the legal representation for MBNA ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Optima were MBNAs representative, and they are now administering the account for Marlin.

No mention of action - in fact no contact from Marlin whatsoever! I didn't even know I had been transferred!

The reason why I am asking this is that the only way I could pay my creditors any quicker is to sell me house and get a house with a smaller mortgage (currently my mortgage is £1060 pm and i would look to find somewhere with a mortgage of around £700 pm so that's a fair bit more free to pay off debts).

Obviously if the charging order is in place i will not get any small amount of equity to use as a deposit. So i am looking at whether there is any legal and fair way to change having the charging order there.

I'm not trying to be sneaky or wriggle out of my debts - i'm just trying to find a better way than my current position - that being it will take me 16 years to pay all my current debts off at the current amount i can afford each month.

Righto, I understand now. Sadly, this is outside of my knowledge so I will leave an S.O.S for others to advise.

BCOBS

Actually this is a bit random - but if a debt is sold on, and there is an order for a certain amount to be paid each month as set by the judge via CCJ - when the debt is sold is it ok for the new debt company to register a default/missed payment (i'm not sure of the technical way of describing it) each month with credit reference agencies? After all they knew that was the debt they were taking on?

Any experiences/thoughts?

Absolutely NOT OK to register a new default, the new 'owner' of the debt MUST update the CRA files with its name and details, the default date sum owed must be those on the original entries. They should keep the records up to date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As far as you are concerned, you are probably still paying Optima Legal as agent for MBNA. You would generally need to get a notice of assignment in order to be able to discharge the debt by paying Marlin. If the house was sold I imagine the outstanding amount would be paid to Optima Legal (as agent for MBNA) but the amount passed to Marlin under the arrangements between MBNA/Marlin ... but these arrangements do not concern you.

Unfortunately I don't think any of this would invalidate the charging order.

If your focus is clearing debts and you don't have much equity anyway, and without wishing to get into a debate about the merits of renting vs. buying, perhaps it would make sense to rent for awhile? You say it will take 16 years to pay off your debt at the rate you are going, but I think it is a pretty sure bet that interest rates will increase, and thus your mortgage payments will presumably increase, during that time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hello,

I wonder if anyone had the right address for sending a claim for reimbursement of late payment fees.

Any legal wording that is prudent to include to get them to agree?

Kind regards,

Hx

There are 3 addresses below, I would imagine any one of them would see your letter directed to the correct department.

I think there is a draft letter in the CAG library - top left of the screen - highlighted in green - that you could use as the basis of your claim. Or have a look at other threads and see what they have used.

MBNA Limited

PO Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9WW

The Customer Advocate Office

MBNA Limited

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FB

Registered Office

MBNA Limited,

Stansfield House,

Chester Business Park,

Chester,

CH4 9QQ.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

thread?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through SAR info from MBNA they, towards the end of my complete financial meltdown, offered to settle my debt for 30% of outstanding amount. As I couldn't rustle up £3000 it ended up in CCJ and CO.

What I am trying to figure out is how much the DCA is likely to have paid for it, bearing in mind to some extent it is a secured debt.

Any ideas?

You would be most unlikely to receive that information - it is commercially sensitive.

Was there any default charges or Payment Protection Insurance or Card Protection insurance on the account ? You could still reclaim any or all of these if there was.

BCOBS

You would be most unlikely to receive that information - it is commercially sensitive.

Was there any default charges or Payment Protection Insurance or Card Protection insurance on the account ? You could still reclaim any or all of these if there was.

A court may demand this but would need very good reasons to ask for this to be divulged, it is very difficult to quantify as debt is sold a large portfolio not individually.

The price however would not affect and ''offers'' these are weighed against other commercial considerations e.g. getting long running debts with low repayment levels of the books because of the cost of collection.

This is often done with old debts with judgements as there are costs involved in seeking to amend judgement orders.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I've had ppi back (just over a £1000 inc interest) and am waiting to hear about charges...

I think with this one I'll just sit on it (paying) until the 6 years from ccj are up and then go with a silly low offer.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Hoping for a bit of guidance.

I have a ccj which will reach is 6 year mark next year.

At the time the ccj was granted

the creditor put a charge on my property

the judge stated that the creditor could not force me to sell my house

providing I kept to the repayment plan StepChange put in place.

I have done this.

What I would be grateful to know is whether

this extends beyond when the ccj is off of my credit record.

I have no intention of shopping paying - it's my debt and my responsibility.

If I understand correctly no creditor can get another ccj for this particular debt.

.. they only get one bite of the apple.

What I am worried about is whether they can force me to sell my house to pay off the remaining amount.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance

nothing should change once the CCJ falls off.

it makes no odds

simply means its removed from the public register.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

I guess I'm a bit worried as optima legal were very aggressive in pursuing a ccj and property charge at the same court hearing despite the fact I was paying the debt off via the cccs (stepchange now).

Having diligently paid this debt I am concerned they will be as aggressive with any legal options open to them once the ccj expires on the register.

you've said it yourself..

the CCJ expires on the REGISTER

not the CCJ itself

until its paid off

it is still very much alive.

and they