RBS and the FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following up on yesterdays post and reading old posts, I need to ask for advise. The FOS adjudicator found for the Bank. I appealed and the Ombudsman has found in my favour in a "Provsional decesion". They have "awarded" £1000 for Stress and Inconvieniance but no compensation for losses. Can I wait until The Final Decesion is issued and then refuse and take the Bank to court. My losses at least £50k so £1k is way off the mark. Surely with the FOS awarded £1k (classed as exceptional on their web site) a court would award more. I have fought this for over 2 years...my time alone is 645 hours. ANY THOUGHTS OUT THEIR.

• 1 month later...

Not necessary for an individual to agree decision. Having said that, RBS group will often appeal a decision anyway, wouldn't expect it to be settled quickly even in the event that it went fully in your favour.

I'd wait on the final decision and ensure you request all data provided by the bank; FSMA handbook provides for service of all data to complainant except in the instance of comms marked privileged or w/p. FOS will do little in respect of any alleged unlawful activity [not within their remit], they will however provide a detailed witness statement & bundle in response to court order.

There may be something within their findings that will make bringing a case against it [RBS] a whole lot easier.

If it makes you feel any better, mine dragged on for 3 years prior to filing.

Phil