Can i reclaim PPI on HSBC business loans?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I was self employeed throughout this time I had several Small Business loans on which I paid PPI however I was told that the applications would be looked at more favorably if I took out PPI.

I could never of claimed on these as I had a pre-existing medical condition on top of which I was self employeed

The loans were always taken out in my name not business name, but repayments came from business account.

Can I apply for refund of PPI in this case ?

fingers crossed OSW

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Yes you can claim.

Have you got all the agreements and a record of the repayment i.e. bank statements/loan account statements?

If not you will need to SAR the lender...template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green

Which lender is this and how long ago?

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi IMS

Yes have all bank statements sitting on my lap and loan agreement doc's these are with HSBC dating 2001-2005

As I am looking through them I am filling in template letters to match each one - I have however come across some confusing bits ?

One of loans does not have any loan reference number? However have exact loan date on signed doc. and statements detail monies deducted from account but no loan statement provided ? Also on Loan agreement there is no breakdown of PPI contribution but it is clearly there given the figures ?

Another loan was taken out in one branch but I was told I had to transfered this loan when account was transfered to another branch ?? what do I do here quote both loans on same letter ? Do I need to include my bank account numbers on these letters.

Is there anything else I will need ?

Personal loans are no problem to deal with but these are proving to be a pain.

OSW

Hi

Could you perhaps post up the agreements as a PDF (MINUS ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION). I'll take a look at them.

You say you are filling in template letters? which ones please.

Also, have a read of No.1 in my signature as there is a lot of information there which will help you understand what may have gone on with all these loans.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

IMS

Template letter taken from THE GUARDIAN http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/interactive/2011/apr/21/reclaim-your-ppi-template-letter

I will upload doc's asap but in the past this has proven difficult for me has my brain is slow and quite frankly I can be a bit thick sometimes :lol::|

OSW

Hi

Just a couple more questions...

You were self employed so a sole trader...not a Ltd Co is that right? In which case these will be dealt with just like personal loans.

How many loans are we talking?

Did any of them refinance previous loans?...if so we need to take into account PPI which may have been rolled from one loan into another.

Happy to help you with the figures.

Also, you don't need a letter for each loan...as these are all with the same lender you can do it all with just one letter plus one or more spreadsheets and one or more fos consumer questionnaires. That questionnaire is available from the fos website so I'd pop along there and get it downloaded.

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

You can use the dx100uk method for upoading your PDF if its easier for you...

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Yes IMS

Sole Trader

3 loans found so far (business) - but 2 of these are the same loan taken out at one branch then it details account closed early with a debit figure loan was reissued from new branch to satisfy the same then payment ran from there - (refinanced loan ???)

One Personal loan found so far that seems clear cut - do I have to provide breakdown sheets like i did with unfair bank charges refund letters? amount date & interest for each charge ?

Followed your signature link only took me to digital signature info is this right?

Popping along to FOS website now :wink:

And waiting for husband to come home to carry scanner for me :lol:

OSW

Hi

Here's the direct link to No.1 in my sig.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered

Yes you should do a spreadie to submit...don't worry, I'll help you with that.

We'll get all the stuff in line and then I'll help you with figures based on whether they are rollovers or stand alone loans

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

PPI.zip

Yay files to be attacthed now

PPI P1 (PPI Personal 1 )

PPIB1A (PPI Business tied into PPIB2)

PPIB1B (PPI Business from above)

PPI 2 (PPI Business)

However on second viewing think there is one one I can make claim on ?

I also have a CC PPI that needs addressing but this is further complicated by being tied into a charging order :|

But I suppose you have to start somewhere

Edited by ims21

Hi

Ok thank you...I'll get a look at those later this evening

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi

Before I get stuck into these, the statement you posted shows a monthly repayment of £190.29 but this doesn't match to any of the agreements you have posted.

Can you also give the dates on each of the agreements please

thanks

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

IMS

I thought exactly the same re: £190 when I was going through my statements

Dates

PPI B1A = Incorrect !! (duplicate of PPI P1) sorry how did that happen ! Will have to scan again Relates to Statement start date 29/10/2001 this is where figure £190 came from loan and PPI detailed separately Loan £182.97 PPI £7.32 interest rate 12.7 APR Total Loan Drawdown £3425.18

PPI B1AS = December 2001 - May 2002

PPI B1B = 9th August 2002 correct

PPI B2 = 23rd May 2003 correct from statement above loan satisfied

PPI P1 = 30th September 2001 correct

Told you I can be a bit thick at times

OSW

Edited by onestressedwoman
corrections

He he,

No worries

I'll be at work today but will have another look late afternoon

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi

So sorry...really difficult day today. Will be more relaxed tomorrow to have a look at the figures...hope that's ok

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi

You beat me to posting!!

Very hectic weekend as it turned out but I'm looking at it all again now for you

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi

OK...just in case you haven't got it yet, here is the spreadsheet you will need to help you work out your claim.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Let's get the easy ones out of the way first.

Your loan for £6,800 doesn't appear to have refinanced any of the others and so was a "stand alone" loan. There is no PPI shown on agreement so we can forget this one.

Next easy one is the loan for £3,500. This did have PPI and you were paying £18.45 per month towards the ppi part of the loan. In the spreadsheet, follow the instructions on the notes tab and when you come to list your ppi payments you enter the date of the payment, the description (i.e. PPI Payment) and the amount (£18.45). You'll end up with a list of £18.45 entries. You will see that the sheet works out the 8% interest on top of this.

Now to the two loans that were linked.

First one is easy. The PPI monthly payment was £7.32 on the first loan. Take a fresh spreadsheet and use it to work out the claim for these two loans. List the payments of £7.32 for the months that were paid.

Now when this loan was refinanced, the balance to clear it was £2,473.77. The ppi on loan 1 was 3.85% of the total so it follows that 3.85% of this settlement figure was for the PPI part of the loan. This equates to an amount of £95.24.

Now although the refinance loan of £2,500 didn't have ppi on it, the £2,500 you borrowed included £95.24 to pay off the ppi part of loan 1. So some of your repayment amount for loan 2 included a small amount for paying off ppi from loan 1.

The percentage is given by £95.24/£2,500 x 100 = 3.81%. So for each repayment on loan 2, 3.81% of it was for ppi and that amounts to £8.43.

So you list £8.43 in the same spreadsheet, again giving the date of payment, a description and the amount.

When you have finished the whole exercise you will have two spreadsheets, one for the £3,500 loan and one for the connected loans 1 & 2.

Fill out a fos questionnaire for the £3,500 loan and another one for these two connected loans. Send the questionnaires, printed copies of the spreadsheets and a covering letter to the lender requesting a refund. Submit them as two packs and make sure the right questionnaire is attached to the right spreadsheets and letter.

Send recorded an they will have 8 weeks maximum to investigate and give you a decision.

Regards

ims

Edited by ims21

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

IMS

First THANK YOU

?? Doing the easy one found a problem ???

Was flying through details got to Nov 2003 payment reversed ??? Account was in good order and funds available so looked through statements that follow and no further payments to loan ???

Went back through statements found loan repayment on 27th November2003 amount £1859.59 ?? from my figures this should have been £1337.84 ??? detailed below this on statement PPI refund £81.70 = how do I detail this on spreadsheet ?? Any idea how these figures add up ???

So the way I read it

payment £1859.59 minus

ppi refund £ 81.70

Repaid £1777.89 minus

Amount left on loan agreement £1337.84

Over Payment £ 440.05

???????????

OSW

Also Loan was to run for 42 months 25 months paid monthly leaving 17 months PPI on account therefore 17 x £18.26 = £310.62 but PPI refund £81.70 ??? what am I not seeing

Edited by onestressedwoman

Hi

We are talking the loan for £3,500 yes?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions