Robinson Way lifting a stay on a County Court claim made in July 2009 - Happy Christmas!!

Bev250264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You havent let anyone down. You should have been proud of the way you have conducted yourselves and the effort you have put into this.

Ok, so you are now going to go BR, presumably RW cant have any say about that. If you have other priority debts, then presumably they are only going to get a very minimal amount of the pot !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another judge with the atitude you had the money so pay up most defendents dont stand a chance seen it all once again,have been following your thread with interrest but you could have done no more in these civil courts the thinking is there claiming so they must be right, was told at mine people think they can pay there pound and get out of there responsibilities by going on the internet.nothing about what the law is so my thinking is you only have a 20% chance of winning any case if you represent yourself why should it be a judges lottery, there should be something done about .

The judges lottery is very true, and some judges don't really have the in depth knowledge for some cases thrown their way.

In this case RW have shown themselves to be litigatious in the extreme and not caring about anything except getting their pound of flesh.

It is all very well for some judges to say 'you had the money now pay up' but when there are a lot of discrepencies and problems with the case it should be looked at more deeply.

Allowing the other side to pull the legal paperwork apart was not really the way forward for the judge, I think you ought to complain to the court about the judges conduct (for what it is worth) as judges are meant to be impartial and sympathetic to LIPs, clearly this one was not.

It is a great pity the case was lost.

I believe these cases are recorded and it is possible to get the recording transcribed. Don't know what that would cost or whether it is worth it but reading the transcript could throw up some grounds for complaining about the judge.

Having said that the OP is going bankrupt. In my opinion this is probably the best thing that could happen to them because they are very likley to be releived of the burden of their debts and will be out of it within a year. The OP will then be free to pursue their lives whilst RW will be left with nothing but a big legal bill. That will be a kind of justice.

Someone on here quoted the cost of getting the court case transcript and it was a couple of thousand. If this is so, then that is a ridiculous amount and would put off most people from trying to hold the judiciary to account or look into an appeal.

I have also read that the judiciary are not as independent as they would like you to believe. They are directed, as to how they should behave towards certain interest groups. There are many cases on here where creditors have been given several adjournments, as they have not be able to supply key documents, as they had been directed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There was always a risk, as in any case.

Was the DJ biased? Only he knows the answer to that question.

Could he have been wrong? I guess if they always came to the correct conclusion there'd be no need for the appeals process.

Two Lips in the same room and the judge would ensure both parties knew the conclusions he would draw if one declined (perhaps by prompting) to provide oral evidence.

Bev and her OH have no equity in their home, the nett result for the claimant is a negative tax output at its profit/cost centre. Bev will probably be buying title for the princely sum of £1.00

I'd suggest Bev is the winner and RW has only succeeded in publicising its ranking on Google.

She did well, and should be congratulated for the 4 year fight.

Gutted about this :(, been following this thread for a while.

Sounds like it was "rabbits in the headlights", had this the first time I went to court. I was smashed all over the place despite all the evidence being overwhelmingly in my favour.

Judges do favour claimants, claimants can make statements which are automatically accepted without evidence, yet defendants are expected prove theirs. Despite the fact that burden of proof is meant to be the other way round.

First time this happened to me, I kept an "ace" up my sleave. At the point the judge was summing up and about to award judgement against me, I pulled my ace.

I got the biggest dress down I had ever had in my life, basically being told the court didn't appreciate the stunt I had just pulled. At one point I seriously thought she was going to send for the court baillfs to "send me down".

however the end result was that the judge reversed her decision and ruled against the claimant, although I was warned never to pull that stunt again.