No heating for 5 weeks, Housing association ****Resolved****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Again I have no heating …boo

I am sooo tired of this. Sent official complains about 3 times and got no answer to any. Contacted the Ombudsman and he advised to wait still for Bromford to answer. Check their time limit for answering and one more month and have been exhausted all procedures.

From November I had 30 visits from Engineers and parts have been replaced yet most part of the winter I had no heating and no hot water.

The contractors used are useless and is called PH Jones. Name and shame!!! Half of them have no clue about what they are doing.

Now I am at the point that (so they tell me) I am waiting for parts to be replaced sometime this week but this are the same parts that have been replaced in December.

Very confusing story and I am sorry if I confuse everybody reading.

Any way as the last resort and out of frustration I have started a page on Facebook which they seem not to like to much. No all I need is more people using FB that have problems with FB. (Last person checking the boiler on Saturday told me that he was sent to ‘’that women that create havoc on FB’’).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then do as I suggested before - write to them and give them 7 days to fix it or you will employ your own local plumber and send them the bill.

They will either get is sorted or you do as threatened and either way you will have you heating and hot water. Failure to pay will see them issued with a summons.

Hi

Agree with Conniff write to them again but i would address it to:

FAO

Mick Kent

Group Chief Executive

Bromford Group

1 Exchange Court

Brabourne Avenue

Wolverhampton Business Park

Wolverhampton

WV10 6AU

----------------------------------------------------------

Executive Team Contact Details:

Tel: 0330 1234 034

Email: executiveteam@bromford.co.uk

I would also add into your letter that due to the numerous failures of your heating system and the failure of the associations contractor to properly repair the system and the association own failure to complete the repair within its own specified repairs time liimit. You now require that a totally independant inspection of your heating system and any faults are rectified by a different contractor and not the housing associations at the housing associations cost.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Well had a look at this link: http://www.bromfordgroup.co.uk/main.cfm?type=BSCC&Object=1172

Oh was I surprised when you look at the left of the screen under Complaints and Compliments just look and what would you think of that!!!!

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Thank you stu007 and Conniff

I read everything on the website and followed all procedures but nothing work as it is writen there.

Boiler have been fixed once again 20 min ago...but still need a part to be replaced.

That is the tricky part..they fix it but never last more then a week and then start allover so untill such time that is completely finished can not even complain to the Ombudsman as per Mr Mick Kent I am sure he can read all about it on my FB page.

I am starting to think that is me..so tired of complaining, maybe it is me I DO Expect people to do the job that they are paid do to but it does not work like this anymore :)

I would get as many organisations a possible on this, you have said that your partner has had a stroke. If that is the case get onto social services, get onto your MP, get on to age concern and get on to the stroke organisations, this is not acceptable at all. It seems pretty obvious the boiler needs replacing if it keeps breaking down as you have stated. I would also get onto environmental health services at your local council.

This should have been sorted within a reasonable time scale.

My husband is the reason that I have not involved more people or organization in this saga. He is antisocial and talking to people makes him very unconfortable so you see...I do not want to add to his stress...

Whether or not your hubby is "anti-social", the HA have let you down big time here and need to learn the error of their ways. So, start the process, and insist that all meetings are away from the home. For instance, you could pop into their offices, or they could find a neutral local venue, like, is there a common room where you are?

Hi

Have to agree with jackieandwayne.

I you really are concerned to how the Housing Association may react to his behaviour them remember he actually doesnt need to be present for any meeting and you could still take a letter with you with questions he may want to ask and just ask them on his behalf.

I really do think you need to write another "Formal Complaint" and send it Recorded Delivery direct to that Chief Executive i mentioned and what I said in Post#28 but also insist that due to this you now require your Complaint to only be dealt with as a "STAGE 3 COMPLAINT".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you all for advice and support...got a bit of courage andcalled Shelter, HE, and the Ombudsman Office.

Monday, Shelter put me in contact with a lawyer for legaladvice and news to me that you can sue them with Legal Aid J

Tuesday, HE from city direct is coming for a home visit butphoned Bromford to say that she expect the problem to be sorted by the time sheget here which is next Tuesday.

CEO from Bromford sent message thru FB that will like tocome and see me!!!!

PH Jones phoned yesterday to install a new boiler onSaturday… but Engineer showed up today and working on it…

What I have tried for 5 month was achieved in 5 days.

Not sure what did it this time but I am grateful to all ofyou for help me to start something bigger then just complaining to theiroffice!!!

Finger crossed Engineer will do a good job and I will get mylife back.

Thank you again

Hi Rainnights

Great news this for you and well done for taking a positive step to hopefully getting this fully resolved.

Now as for the CEO from Bromfords now please make sure you have a witness with you for this visit and I would sit down and just right short bullet points on what you want him to do to resolve this fully to YOUR SATISFACTION not his.

A few things I would suggest is:

1. Compensation (for a start electricy consumption for temporary fan heater etc).

2. That after the issue is resolved that a FULL INDEPENDENT INSPECTION is carried out with both the housing association and yourself being given a copy of the report at the housing associations cost.

3. Why has the housing association breached its own Repairs Policy/Procedure.

4. Why was the tenant never updated on the status of the repair.

5. Is the housing association going to investigate its contractor due to 9-10 engineers failing to remedy the repair which now questions the competance of this contractor.

6. Why has the housing association breached its own complaints procedure.

Oh I could keep going on but.

Edited by stu007

Thank you again,

Don,t really want to see him but...I will have the visit from HE before and a list with ''to be done'' things.

There are 3 bungalows on my cull de sac that belong to Bromford and they all have problems with boilers.

So I plan to have my neighbours here when and if he is going to come and they can all have a chat ..he..he…

And to rectify..I had 36 visits from November and boiler never worked more then a week at the time..they kept ordering parts that they or not needed.

OH..dear, my house is nice and warm even so the ''Engineer'' will have to comeback tomorw to finish the job..my mind can bearely cope with the heat :)

Hi

Yes by all means have your neighbours there but remember this is to get your problem resolved and if in turn it helps the other neighbours all the better.

I would still be insistant when the issue is resolved that a full independant inspection of the system is carried out at the housing association exspense and both you and the housing association are given a copy of the report. (you dont want it fixed then a few weeks later packing in again as you have lost all trust and confidence in the housing association contractor).

Also 36 visits which each visit would have cost the housing association but ultimately its tenants thats pay these costs throught rents. Begs the question 36 visits at a total cost of £XXXXX to the associations tenants and the competance of the associations contractor.

Edited by stu007

Thank you stu007, this time is not fixed...got a new boiler from the 21 Century :):)

Well I am also thinking to ask them to pay rent since they have been 3/4 hours at every visit.Just beeing develish now he..he

BUT....I do not really believe him since he post the message under mine on the ranting page on FB..this is good for publicity but not good enough for me at this point.

I will take one step at the time and if I am not happy with what he has to offer I am still going to take them to court...this problem created a lot of unecessary and unresonable stress.

Hi

Good for you but I dont think they would pay rent so to speak due to the certain legislations they must follow. But i still does not stop you requesting compensation and not at the end of your tenancy.

:wink:I expect all this drove poor hubby wild didn't it? With all his problems. Well, the stress of having to deal with heating that is up and down more times than a whores drawers, and an angry ranting husband must have taken its toll on you! Make sure they know about that when you ask for compensation as well!

Well done for sticking up for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi rainnights

Do you have an update at all as to how your meeting went with the Big Boss so to speak?

• 1 month later...

Updating....I had to remind them about the meeting but I finally had the home visit from the CEO of Bromford..got more apologies..and some promises for all the repairs need done (even the minor once) :violin:

Had my other 2 neighbours in so they all got some problems sorted, and the look on his face when he had to meet them all was priceless.

Also received £ 40.00 in vouchers from PH Jones ..he..he..I know I should have asked for serious compensation but I am happy not to have to see them again…ever..:whoo:

With the nice summer that we have at the moment I am happy to have heating and hot water.

Again thank you all for helping