Tesco overcharging at self service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

in breif: tesco overcharge at self service , i have complained repeatedly over at least 5 months, they have not fixed the computer, i have just tried 'tesco price check' online to get my money back on an item but price check also ignores that i am over charged 50 percent on an item.

the manager says the problem is escilated but nothing has been done for 5 months.

OMG. can anyone tell me what i can do?

thanks for reading.

: )

I had to re-edit my message.thanks for your reply.

Edited by abbeyareevil

Write to Tescos CEO at the head office address,

I had similar experiences and did this and received

a generous ''gesture od goodwill'' and the problem

was sorted out.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

the manager says the problem is escilated but nothing has been done for 5 months.

OMG. can anyone tell me what i can do?

That is remarkable, to say the least, from one of their own!

"nothing has been done for 5 months" appears to confess that they fail the due diligence defence prescribed by section 17 of the CPUTRs which is to say that Tesco is run by offenders who have yet to be prosecuted.

An available option is therefore to remind an enforcement authority that a misleading of the average consumer is a criminal offence and it shall be the duty of every enforcement authority to enforce these Regulations.

What is missing is the sincere intention of the OFT to put a stop to it and a consumer with the mind to go the extra mile. Were the case to be heard by a judge there would not be so much as a leg to stand on, for the OFT and Tesco between them.

They know that this is happening and the remedy prescribed by law was supposed to be more than enough prevent the offence of advertising goods to be sold at one price but advertised at another.

That is remarkable, to say the least, from one of their own! ........................................

What is missing is the sincere intention of the OFT to put a stop to it and a consumer with the mind to go the extra mile. Were the case to be heard by a judge there would not be so much as a leg to stand on, for the OFT and Tesco between them.

They know that this is happening and the remedy prescribed by law was supposed to be more than enough prevent the offence of advertising goods to be sold at one price but advertised at another.

thank you for your reply., i am glad other people find this disgracfeul .

i shall report back when my message to tesco is replied too.

i should not have to do this , the manager knows, but just does not care. all the floor staff know and when i ask, they say they have told the manager but she does nothing but escalate the issue. i had a confrontation with the manager and said i would go the newspapers if she does nothing as 5 months is just sickening...this was 3 weeks ago and still the machines are programed incorrectly and i am still able to leave the store overcharged with receipt in hand. I can not complain anymore to the staff at this branch, i literally feel sick and can't go there again , hence i posted here. i just go to sainsburys for now.

fingers crossed something will get done.

thanks again.

Can you tell us what the TPN (Tesco Product Number) or Bar Code is?

I know some folks at the local Tesco quite well :)

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

Well, considering this was so desperately bad and others were all for calling in the war crimes tribunal at the Hague, all over a mis-priced tin of beans...............

A response to my TPN request would have been nice!!

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

Not trying to convert anyone here..... :razz: but....... have you tried Aldi? The check-out there has a human on it who doesn't overcharge. The best thing though is that we used to shop at Tescos and spend roughly £135 per week for our family and now we go to Aldi and spend £65. The main difference is you take your own bags. Apart from that, the produce is the same, just not in branded packaging. I've noticed on many items the quality is far superior to Tescos, and you don't have to pull your calculator out to work out the best deal - everything is priced clearly. You don't have have to buy wholesale quantities to get better value. You only need to buy what you need and each item is at their best price:-)

I genuinely feel sorry for people who feel that the branded goods in their fancy packaging at the big supermarkets are better. I know times are bad, but when do we eat packaging?

Go on...give it a try...

• 4 weeks later...
This was covered in the Panorama prog the other night and has been on Watchdog a few times, mostly related to multi-buys.

Andy

Not really, this is slightly diferent in that the Op is being charged a different price to the one on the shelf when it scans at the till - if I am reading it right.

Haivng worked at a big supermarket, the store has no ocntrol over the prices, they can only tell Head office to change the pricing - so wouldnt be surprised if that is what they are doing - normally tho the best thing to do is take the item off sale or have a system in palce to solve it.

Hi TT

This is soo true i have 3 different Tesco stores near me, Two of them are 24hrs stores and one normal opening times.

But when you go too each store the differences in pricing are amazing from a 1% markup to over a 300% markup then theres the BUT.

BUT when you look at it from a location point thats the main reason TESCO markup the prices when they should actually be the same price in every store.

mmmm 'IS TESCO COMITING FRAUD' well you scratch my back ill scratch your back i can get away with this no onw will notice!!!!

"WELL TESCO THE BRITISH PUBLIC HAVE SEEN AND EXPERIENCED YOUR DIFFERENT PRICING SYSTEM THROUGHPUT EVERY STORE YOU OWN ISNT IT ABOUT TIME YOU TESCO THAT IS MAKING SO MUCH PROFIT OFF THE BRITISH PUBLIC ACCOUNTABLE AND HAVE FIXED PRICES THOUGHOUT EVERY STORE YOU OWN INSTEAD OF "PRICE FIXING".

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I remeber a debate I had a few eyars abck when I suggested Tesco Express stores SHOULD be similarly priced to the Tesco SUpermarkets. My collecgue disagreed and said they obviously have to charge a little more to make more money (like every corner shop does) - eventually he talked me around - i spsoe I didn't liek the size of soem of the mark ups.

There is nothing legally to stop Tesco charging different prices in every shop as long as they make the price clear - and to take my example above, they can hcarge differently by store size or by region.

The only thing they need to be aware of is any national advertising promotions must be reflected in every store.

Its not illegal to have different pricing in everyshop.

Hi theghost

can see what you are saying but would be grateful for any info you have on any law ar act which allows this?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I don't but it is fair to assume it is legal unless it is illegal - it is definitley not fraud.

Its a bit like saying, if i have a company caled ABC Ltd with 2 restaurants, one in the south and oen in the north. I shoudl be able to charge different amounts for the sample products because regional differences in costs and public income. To prevent that might be considered anti trade -and easily work aroundable anyway as companies would just made each seperate store a company or something.

As I say, they are free to price as they wish, and as logn as their nationally branded campaigns are correct i nevery store then there can be differences from one store to the next.

A town or city centre ''convenience'' store

will far higher business rates and rent outgoings

i proportion to thos of an out town superstore.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...