ISLINGTON PCN 52JM Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle (motor vehicles) in Morris Place N4.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,I've recently been caught out at this junction. Could someone please let me know who to contact at Islington Council to appeal this. I've e-mailed them but would much prefer to speak to the Councillor as it has been suggested in this post. I'm trying to fight on the grounds that the road markings and the sign posts are contradicting. Do you think this would be a wise action? Please help!

Hi guys,I've recently been caught out at this junction. Could someone please let me know who to contact at Islington Council to appeal this. I've e-mailed them but would much prefer to speak to the Councillor as it has been suggested in this post. I'm trying to fight on the grounds that the road markings and the sign posts are contradicting. Do you think this would be a wise action? Please help!

If the layout is the same and there are no advanced warning signs at the entrance to the road, apart from being gobsmacked, I suggest you use the case in post 12 in your appeal. There seems to be bucket loads of cases which have been upheld by PATAS about this. Surely someone should be seriously looking into it because no doubt there are some who are simply paying the fines. Maybe the local media would be interested. There have been some traffic fine-related headlines recently. This is a beauty for them!

When I appealed to Islington, they completely dismissed any argument against the signage. If you use that in your first appeal, you'll end up having to go to an adjudicator and although you'll still win as per the other posts on this forum, it will be more time consuming.

The argument about the bus gate is what won it for me, and they said it was being investigated. So if they still haven't put a traffic island up, that's your best bet.

• 2 months later...

Hi, can someone please help? Got home yesterday to find two PCN 52JM notices (same day within a couple of hours of each to pick up and drop off a friend at the station). I got caught out like the rest of you as there was no prior warning before turning into the road and then when approaching the bottom of the road it did not seem clear.

I'm not sure if they have changed the road to have a traffic island now! It is different to what Google map shows as there now a change in the pavement on the right hand side of the road, towards the bottom end. i.e. they have brought a section of the pavement out.

Secondly not sure because of this change they have changed the display of the signage now - i.e. right hand side and left hand signs now parallel to each other.

Do I have a case to appeal???