Royal Bank of Scotland PPI Claim on Credit Card - Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening PF

Yes! its still p*****g down with rain here. Hope you had lovely day in the sunshine, "information for all carers" I cant wait, tell me where do you get all your info from you seem a very knowledgeable person.

Look forward to hearing what you have to say. Got in touch with B in Law to ensure that PPI claim goes to Machester tomorrow.

Cheers AFW

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya afw,

Now as i understand it you are a carer, does the person you care for live with you, and if so are you getting the right council tax discount.

I ask because i have only just found out i should of been getting a discount on my bill of 50% and it has been backdated to April 1993

also are you aware of a very good forum for carers at Carers UK : Home

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

G'moring PF

Nice one....take every penny you can get. Enjoy it with your wife who also deserves it. However, I wish, its my Husband I care for and we do get a council tax rebate up here in the north but they are not as generous as 50%.

1. You have to prove that you have an extra room that has had to be converted to accomodate the disabled person. And we get a meansly £135 A YEAR DISCOUNT.

I grudge every penny of Council Tax and because my Husband has a small Disabled Pension it just puts us over the thresthhold for a normal rebate.

You just can't win.

Enjoy your day (Whoopydoo!!! we have glorious sunshine this morning..Iwonder how long it will last.

AFW

• 2 weeks later...

HI Pompeyfaith & everyone,

Update on PPI claim.....my B in Law has just phoned to say he received a letter stating that they shall need 28 days to carry out their investigations and enquiries regarding this claim and once they have interviewed the employee involved with the application of the loan they shall let us know decision.

Will keep you all posted.

Hope everything is going smoothly with everyone else.

Have great evening.

AFW

Hiya AFW,

Good still on track then remember to send the LBA letter in 4 weeks if you get no reply.

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya AFW,

Good still on track then remember to send the LBA letter in 4 weeks if you get no reply.

Regards

PF

Hi PF

Is there any chance you can point me in the direction for a LBA letter just so I can be prepared.

Cheers

AFW

sure hang on ill go find one and come back with a link

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Right here you go this is the one i used just edit to suit your needs:

Your Address

There Address

Your Reference

Date

RE: PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ACOUNT NO:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear

I am in receipt of your letter dated **/**/**** in which you respond by giving

I am shocked and disappointed in your continued assertions that you have conducted yourselves in a manner that is appropriate for an extremely large and well respected financial institution. I continue to assert that this has not been my experience. You have failed in your duty by selling me a product that did not suit my individual circumstances, you have failed in your duty to provide me with sufficient and appropriate information to allow me to make an informed choice when purchasing the compulsory PPI, and you have sold me a product that I assert is useless to me as pre-existing medical conditions were not ascertained by your salesperson which therefore rendered the policy useless to me as I would have been unable to make a claim on it.

PPI is not a compulsory product when taking out a loan, and adding PPI to my loan account in this way is a clear breach of both FSA regulations and guidelines and the Banking Code of Practice provided to the financial services industry. As a respected financial organisation, you will have been quite aware of these regulations and this makes your organisation's action even more serious. It is extremely poor business practice to say the least.

In taking out a loan with the……………, I reserved the right as your customer to receive appropriate information to enable me to take out a compulsory insurance product that suited my demands and needs. The Cooperative Bank had an obligation to me the borrower, to provide sufficient and appropriate information to enable me to make an informed decision as to the suitability of both the loan and the PPI to meet my needs and financial circumstances. I should also have been made aware of alternative options available or comparative costs of similar PPI products from other suppliers, which information as a well known financial institution, you would most certainly have had access to.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) provides guidelines which your organisation should adhere to while making both Advised and Non-Advised sales. Where a Non-Advised sale takes place, as in my own case "The customer must, however, still receive sufficient information on the product to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether it meets their own demands and needs." (FSA) These regulations apply to the lender whether the sale is made face-to-face, over the telephone as in my case, or via a lender's website.

At no point did I receive any such information, either by letter, document or telephone call which followed the above guideline. The documents that you have provided copies of do not contain any of the information that I have outlined above and cannot, therefore, be deemed as meeting the standard of care which you should have provided.

I assert that I have been deprived of the right to choose PPI when taking out the loans, and that you have taken advantage of my lack of knowledge I had at the time.

I reposed absolute trust in your ability as a respected financial institution to provide a reasonable level of care and skill in ensuring that my best interests were met when taking out a financial product with your organisation. This has not been the case and I am extremely shocked and disappointed.

I would further suggest that the Principles of Business which are legally binding on the Cooperative Bank under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and which are contained in the FSA Handbook have not been followed. Therefore you are in breach of regulations.

I would remind you that the FSA takes the Mis-Selling of PPI extremely seriously and you will be aware that recent investigations by both the FSA and the Competition Commission have found that lenders continue to engage in "poor sales practices" and that "customers were not informed orally of both the monthly and total cost of their PPI". (FSA report, 30 September 2008.)

As you have also failed to respond to my letter dated …………. in which I gave you 14 days to respond and correct the partial refund you offered I have no choice but to send you this Letter before action as you are still obstructing my complaint.

I request the return of all moneys paid to you for the above policies including contractual interest and costs within 14 days of receipt of this letter by you. If you do not comply with my request, I will have no option but to escalate my claim to the FOS and/or the courts. I should remind you that the FOS take the issue of Mis-Selling of PPI extremely seriously and in many cases, have imposed large fines on financial institutions that are in breach of regulations.

Yours sincerely

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Pleasure as i say there my be stuff in their that does not apply to your claim so you will need to edit and do a bit of copy and paste.

You take care.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

• 3 weeks later...

Hi PF

Just a wee update on RBS PPI claim for my Brother in Law.

He received a letter on 15th July with complaint procedure leaflet stating 4 eeks then if they cant resolve they would write as sayso but after 8 weeks we can go to FOS.

3/8/09 he received another letter stating they need another 4 weeks to complete investigation and wil let him know their findings then and they hope that he will give them the opportunity to finish the investigation.

1. Do we allow them another 4 weeks or do we send your LBA (Post 58) I have posted letters up for you to have a look at. Any help would be graciously received.

1st Letter dated 9/7/09

2nd Letter dated 2/8/09

Just to let you know that i recieved the same letter as your post 54 regarding speaking to thier employee. I am chasing the PPI from a loan over 6yrs ago. This is the second ppi claim from them i won the first time and today recived letter from them telling me that i would be recieving the ppi back from them and they were very sorry. Stick with it you will win in the end.

Pecky1;)

Afw imo i expect they are busy with ppi claims at the mo due to the publicity ppi is getting so i would allow them the 4 wks they asked 4

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

if u get no responce after these 4 wks then send the LBA

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Cheers Pompeyfaith & pecky1

Many thanks for your replies we shall wait another 4 weeks and see what happens will keep you posted with results. As you say PF I do suppose they are busy with all the claims. Pecky1 good luck on second round.

Thank you once again for all your help

Have a good evening

Cheers

afw

You are welcome and yes please keep us informed of your travels.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning Pompeyfaith

Hope everyone is well at your end, just a wee update to let you know Brother in Law still had no reply the next 30 days is up about 2 September (Took your advice and held LBA to give them the benefit of the doubt) so we are waiting patiently.

Can I ask you for your expert advice...would you go ahead with another claim (For my Brother in Law) or wait until this claim is finallised. Not too sure what to do there is 4 loans in total with PPI. When I come to think of it we sent for a SAR and all they sent was statements should he be entitled to all his loans paperwork as we still need to calculate the PPI (which you very kindly did for him for the first one) for the other 3 loans.

WHat sort of figures would we be asking the bank for through the SAR we sent them.

Cheers

afw

hiya afw just picked up this message on my mobile phone it will be quiet a big reply so i will give u answers soon as i can get to my pc this evening PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hiya AFW,

Can I ask you for your expert advice...would you go ahead with another claim (For my Brother in Law) or wait until this claim is finallised.

This is a personal choice really if you can handle the mountains of paperwork without getting confused then yes go ahead.

But as this is mis-sold PPI there are no time limits so there is nothing stopping you doing them separately.

Also bear in mind if these claims are all with the same company it has been known for them to get confused or at least that is what has been said.

But as i say this is your call.

When I come to think of it we sent for a Subject Access Request and all they sent was statements should he be entitled to all his loans paperwork

One S.A.R should get you all the data on one subject so yes you should of been sent data on all loans.

So as it stands they have not complied with your request.

WHat sort of figures would we be asking the bank for through the Subject Access Request we sent them

The S.A.R will only get you the data they hold that will be agreements,statements etc

The calculations you will have to do yourself, but if you need a hand with this for the other 3 im here to help you with this.

Anymore questions post here and i will endeavour to answer.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hi PF

I think we shall wait and see what the outcome of this one shall be.

My Husband who does all the posting up on the site is not too good just now so will have to wait until he feels a bit better before I can get another agreement posted on here.

I would like to thank you on behalf of my BiLaw for your very kind gesture in offering to do the calculations for these claims and would also like to take you up on this offer. As soon as I can get these posted up I shall let you know. I shall also keep you posted on the one ongoing at present, hopefully soon we shall be able to make a donation to CAG.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Sorry meant to ask is there a template letter to write to the RBS informing them that they have not fully complied with his SAR.

Take Care

afw

Edited by 24233513afw
Missed something

Hiya AFW,

You are very welcome im only to pleased to help you with this specially as i can see you are busy tending to you ill hubbies needs.

I am subbed to this thread so will know of any changes you take care and give my regards to your hubby for me.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

• 2 weeks later...

GoodMorning PF

Another wee update my Brother in Law has had a result from RBS they are going to pay him his PPI back unfortunately they are not giving him the full amount and unknown to me he accepted the amount, however there is another twist because he still owes them for a overdraft and credit card they say they shall deduct the balance from them to pay this he is rather miffed to say the least as he had palns to clear other debts and make a huge donation to this site.

Anyway we can't thank you enough for all your help without your expertise he still would have owed the bank now he is clear with them. He still has a few other loans with PPI on them to claim so hopefully next claim can pay money to this wonderful site.

Also I have found a loan that we had with 1st National who transferred to GE Money sometime ago then in 2007 when we got into difficulties they sold to LInk Financial any ideas who I would claim PPI for we do have original CCA. but stopped paying in 2007 and they have come back with avengence can we still claim PPI to try and clear this balance or because we have not been paying it since 2007 does that excluded us.

Once again PF thank you for the help in calculating my BiL PPI you are a very kind and clever man.

Cheers

AFW

hiya afw right there is plenty more u can do so no giving up yet!!! Busy right now and have to go out so ill be back this evening with anwsers ok PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Quality result afw.

Well done :D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Another wee update my Brother in Law has had a result from RBS they are going to pay him his PPI back unfortunately they are not giving him the full amount and unknown to me he accepted the amount
Fantastic, although we could off pushed them further but if he is happy that's what counts.

however there is another twist because he still owes them for a overdraft and credit card they say they shall deduct the balance from them to pay this he is rather miffed to say the least as he had palns to clear other debts
They can only use the money to offset any arrears he owes, not pay off the debt in total.

Anyway we can't thank you enough for all your help without your expertise he still would have owed the bank now he is clear with them. He still has a few other loans with PPI on them to claim so hopefully next claim can pay money to this wonderful site.

You are more than welcome and im here if you need help with any others.

Also I have found a loan that we had with 1st National who transferred to GE Money sometime ago then in 2007 when we got into difficulties they sold to LInk Financial any ideas who I would claim PPI for we do have original CCA. but stopped paying in 2007 and they have come back with avengence can we still claim PPI to try and clear this balance or because we have not been paying it since 2007 does that excluded us.
You can indeed claim this and im more than willing to help you, the fact it is with link DCA makes no difference that does not take away the fact it was mis-sold in the first place and I would start your claim for this A.S.A.P as it will get link off your back as they cannot chase a debt that is disputed with the original creditor.

Right there you go answers above for you, if you wish to start anymore claims start a new thread for it in this forum as that will keep things nice and tidy and posters will not get lost referring to info that is not relevant.

Regards

PF

Edited by pompeyfaith

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN