Flashed by camera

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont want to put a damper on it but my speedo shows approx 3% slow ie speedo shows 30 when doing 27/28 mph on GPS had this checked by dealer and told that the speedo has to be within 3%

dpick

I'm not sure if there is a specific "within x%" tolerance on a speedo. The only "rule" I am aware of is that a speedo must never under-read.

They are designed this way to make sure you are never doing 32mph when your speedo only says 30mph for example. Making it read 30mph when you are actully only doing 28mph is the "safe" thing to design in.

1) It is absolutely 14 days for service of a NIP (ie delivered)

2) Under English law the only requirement for a speedometer is that it is accurate +/- 10% at 30 mph - what it reads at other speeds is irrelevant.

3) This has EU law imposed upon it that states that a speedometer must never under-read.

Hope that the addition of a few facts may help...

My GPS reads slighly under what the speedo in my car states.

Which is exactly what you would expect. GPS mph is pretty much accurate and will read 30mph at 30mph, at the same time you would expect your speedo to be showing around 32/33mph