£500 Mobility Chair - want a refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I purchased a lift and rise chair for my mother 3 weeks ago from an independant retailer in letchworth (martins of letchworth). In teh shop she sat on the chair for 5 mins and all ok. Once she received this it became very clear that sitting on this chair for any length of time the foam comporessed and became very hard and uncomfortable for sitting. Clearly this wasnt fit for purpose. We called after 5 days and lodged our displeasure, the response was that the manager was out until Monday (7 days time). SO I called him on the Monday and he stated that he was getting in contact with teh manaufacturer. 3 days later I called again after he hadnt returned my call as promised, he stated that tehre wasnt anything wrong with teh chair so nothing he could do. I stated that he had made this opinion without viewing this chair either the manaufacturers or himself. I also stated that under the sale of goods act my contract was with the retailer not teh manuafacturer. He then stated he woudl send someone round to look at the chair, so on Saturday November 5th he sent two delivery men to view the chair, with comments such as "looks ok to me", they took some photos and left. On the 6th november I sent a formal letter askign for a refund and said if I dotn hear from him positively within 7 days I will issue a small claims summons. What I woudl like the more informed of us on this great website is, 1, am I following this properly? 2, what exactly are my rights here? 3, and what are my next steps? many thanks in advance.. david