Log book loans - paid because of threatening behaviour - what happens now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I hope someone can help/or give advice.

I have been stung. I purchased a car in September last year privately for a very good price, did a HPI check at the time and nothing came up. I kept the car for a few months, but then decided to sell on for a smaller car - I sold the car to a friend of mine a few months ago who has since spent around £2k on it and a lot of time and effort getting it up to his standard.

This weekend my friend had a van and trailer pull up outside his house using threatening behaviour and demanding the car saying he was from 'log book loans' and that the car was theirs, unless my friend payed up the cash that was outstanding on the loan! which of course he has because his wife and him were terrified of what they would do and now has come onto me for the cash. I felt it only right that because he is my friend, that I have to now pay him back, which I am very angry about having to pay someone else's loan off!!!!

I have a copy of the Bill of Sale from my friend today and have read on another thread that we have to ask log book loans for the credit agreement? Not sure with me being sort of a previous owner of the car how I stand, but I'm loathe to let things go. My friend has said that if I want to pursue on his behalf I can. Any suggestions on what I can do bearing in mind he has now paid it to log book loans due to being threatened and terrified at the time.

Thank you