Jimmy saville investigations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just remember, he was very eccentric. This has its ups and downs, and most eccentric people dont really have a solid grasp on reality. But again, it all comes down to opinion. His opinion obviously differed from thousands of others, but that shouldnt stop him expressing it.

If people had to follow others by what they are saying, then there would be no point to having an opinion and people would be found guilty of things regardless.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how he expresses it!!

TBH I can usually find a defence for most people but on the allegations that have been made and the evidence availible at the moment I am hard pushed to find any for this man. A lot of genuine victims only feel confident enough once a person has died to say anything because they are frightened of the person etc etc in this case I would say that allegations were made while he was alive but action wasnt taken for whatever reason, although my own opinion is that when someone as famous as Mr Saville is involved investigations tend to be handled differently to when it is just Joe Public.

Having said that there are allegations made by people who do just think because someone is famous they are fair game, but to be honest as yet i have heard nothing about any of the alleged victims wanting to claim on the estate.

Then again you can say what you like about a person once they are dead without fear of being accused of slander.

My opinion is guilty but I really dont think it will ever be proven.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Ah renegadeimp,,on that point we must agree to differ,,because,no matter how eccentric he was,he made his fortune and fame,especially in the 70's and 80's,by surrounding himself with children,and to justify what that Glitter did as 'no harm done' was at least misguided but to many people totally abhorrent (me included).Still,,the truth will out in the fullness of time,:)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

If there is any proven evidence then I agree that his knighthood should be stripped and his assets sold but not given to any 'victims' . The proof would have to be enough for them. The money should go to a charity who supports victims of 'kiddie fiddlers' like RACPA for instance.

Yes Yes, I'm weird. I tried being normal once, was the most boring 5 minutes of my life!:madgrin:

i very much doubt these women would want anything belonging to him, its just been shown on the news a tape where hes sitting on a young girl and shes telling him to "Get Off Me " or is this a lie???:shock::shock: more of this is coming out of the woodwork now at last we will know the truth!!!

I saw a BBC chap being interviewed yesterday and he all but said there is truth in the speculation.

I'm gonna put my opinion,and it's ONLY my opinion,out there,,and anyone can berate me,disagree with me etc.I think he held so much 'kudos' at the BBC etc

that his private life was 'glossed over' Many people in the industry have come forward with little snippets of information and it's making a nasty jigsaw. I think he is and was guilty,and was only spared being caught out publicly because he passed away whilst the investigation was in it's infancy.If one good thing come out this to protect children from abusers hiding behind their 'celebrity'status.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

I would have to say that if there was only 1 or 2 coming forward now, I would be open minded, but I certainly wouldn't agree completely that he was guilty. I never watched the documentary, but I am led to believe that there are a lot of people coming forward. Some may call it a Bandwagon, but I don't. I don't think there could be that many sick people out there all accusing the same dead person of one thing. That just wouldn't make sense.

So, guilty as charged Your Honour ( IMO ).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I would have to say that if there was only 1 or 2 coming forward now, I would be open minded, but I certainly wouldn't agree completely that he was guilty. I never watched the documentary, but I am led to believe that there are a lot of people coming forward. Some may call it a Bandwagon, but I don't. I don't think there could be that many sick people out there all accusing the same dead person of one thing. That just wouldn't make sense.

Sums it up completely (IMO) :)

Lillibelle

It's not just a question of people coming forward now though - he'd been investigated twice previously due to complaints made while he was alive. Again, IMO only, there is historic evidence that accusations were being made long before he died, so this isn't a question of a few people coming forward to try to make a few quid out of his estate.

I won't go so far as to say that he's definitely guilty, but I do think that there should be a very serious investigation. What concerns me is that from all appearances this was an open secret - not much attempt was made to hide the alleged offences. There's an implication then that (if this did happen) that people in authority positions turned a 'blind eye'. Are those people still working with children? If they are, then I'm afraid that their current position needs to be evaluated and if necessary, they should be removed from their post. Some of these girls were certainly in the care system (approved school) - this is a notoriously vulnerable group for exploitation by sex offenders, and it needs to be looked at carefully to see if there were further abuses. Hospitals, charities - all work with vulnerable people.

The thing I find most damning is his defence of Gary Glitter - most true paedophiles believe that they're doing nothing wrong and that the 'relationships' they have are completely consensual, and that nobody is actually harmed by what they do.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

The thing I find most damning is his defence of Gary Glitter - most true paedophiles believe that they're doing nothing wrong and that the 'relationships' they have are completely consensual, and that nobody is actually harmed by what they do. EXACTLY !!

Hoisted by hs own petard methinks.

There will always be 'shudda,wudda,cudda,element to this,and I pray lessons are learned and the people to whom Laughinggirl refers to are thoroughly investigated and the most vulnerable in society are protected from the evil people that somehow infiltrate thier lives.

Lillibelle

according to one daily rag (d'y mail) today about 40 women have so far come forward.

also, is being investigated by met police.

Edited by Ford

And them 40 poor women have to live with that all there life! I think that's why they have all decided to tell there stories, for a bit of closure, and also so the other women are not on there own, why should he be at peace whilst the women are left to suffer with the memories? he was a sick person!

And them 40 poor women have to live with that all there life! I think that's why they have all decided to tell there stories, for a bit of closure, and also so the other women are not on there own, why should he be at peace whilst the women are left to suffer with the memories? he was a sick person!

Amen to that pearly-whites,,,people are now coming forward who have nothing to gain.

Lillibelle

in that rag, allegedly he had a 'caravan' in the beeb car park where he would ........do what has been alleged!

talk of a poss 'accomplice' as well! and poss others involved!?

Edited by Ford

I saw a DJ called Dave Cash interviewed and he said that Savile showed him that van,,and there were a couple of young girls in there waiting,,Cash made his excuses and left. The journo who made that documentary is well respected and the programme wasn't 'tawdry gutter trash'. Bless those poor girls,,and may they live long and happy lives knowing the truth is finally out.

Lillibelle

Lets let this thread sleep for now till more substantial evidence gets released. All this thread is doing is living on speculation and is getting people irate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Lets let this thread sleep for now ...

no chance, all else can talk/report about it so can caggers if they want!

Edited by Ford

Difference is, depending on what is said, and who is reading, it could get CAG in a lot of trouble.

Just so that folks are aware, the thread is being monitored JIC :-)

indeed. up to cag to moderate, not a cagger.

in any case, would be the poster, not cag.

Not really ford. Take the debt collection forums for example. Cag has already had a fair amount of notices due to things being posted about people/companies on there. It's better to be safe than sorry.