wages always short

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi peeps,my wages are always short i get told dont worry youl get it next pay which i do,but i keep my end of my contract of employment by working my shifts and doing my job,what i want to know is is there anything i can do to make sure i get paid for the hours i have worked,i get paid monthly and sometime i can be 20 hours short which causes me hardship,i only get paid 2p above minimum wage,and cant afford not to be paid,im a carer,any help advice most welcome,hope ive posted this in the right place.thanks in advance........stephen :-x

You have a common problem!

Late payment is always a problem, but where this regularly happens it is especially so - the employer must pay you on a specific date, and to not do so would be classed as an Unlawful Deduction, for which you could take Employment Tribunal action to force the employer to pay up. Problem is that by the time it came to a Tribunal, the payment would have been made and you are back to square 1 waiting for the next time.

At this stage you would be best off sending a Grievance letter complaining about the systematic late payment of wages and the problems that this causes (bank charges? Rent problems?) and demand that the problem is resolved or you may feel compelled to take action. This should certainly put them on notice and may well focus attention as a Tribunal case would inevitably be extremely costly for them to defend.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!