Santander PPI on Debenhams Store Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to chime in, but how did you get Genworth to cough? I have Santy (Debs) references, but Genworth say they can't locate anything and Santy are, well just Santy - slippery as a slippery snake. Thanks

Completed FOS questionaire, sent to Santander, got their (what seems to be standard response) "we have investigated and nothing to do with us "reply. Sent questionaire to FOS, who then wrote to Genworth on my behalf! For good measure, I also wrote to Genworth and sent them a redacted copy of letter from Santander confirming the total amount of premiums. and a schedule of the premiums that I completed from a spread sheet on here. FOS wrote to Genworth in April, received offer from G last week!

Hope that helps.

t

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completed FOS questionaire, sent to Santander, got their (what seems to be standard response) "we have investigated and nothing to do with us "reply. Sent questionaire to FOS, who then wrote to Genworth on my behalf! For good measure, I also wrote to Genworth and sent them a redacted copy of letter from Santander confirming the total amount of premiums. and a schedule of the premiums that I completed from a spread sheet on here. FOS wrote to Genworth in April, received offer from G last week!

Hope that helps.

t

About all I have from Santy are some final figures for settlement approx 10 yrs ago now, and a smattering of statements - mostly ones that i kept, but that's all. Not even sure I have opening dates of the 2 cards. However, the really frustrating thing is Santy do have the data - they sent me some later statements from their archive systems in reply to a SAR, and checking the net I know they migrated to new systems and there will be archives/ backups, just no one there can be ar5sed to look properly, and the DPA doesn't allow me to doorstep them with some forensic IT tools. So, they carefully say what little they say and get away with it .... perhaps. My middle name isn't baldrick for nothing!

Hello StM

If they have not complied with SAR, issue a summons. I did and they backed off, but you could pursue to get info. If summons is approx value of what you think you are due, maybe a result? Good Luck.

t

• 2 weeks later...

Tedney are you going for contractual interest from Santander?

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Tedney are you going for contractual interest from Santander?

Hello Tink

Short answer is no, not on PPI. I have some other issues with Santander, so will probably include contractual with that, though they may not realise! HTH. t

I have just received an offer which is far too low so will copying this in and sending a copy of the spreadsheet and asking them to calculate as per FSA guidelines which means the 8% should be added when the account

other approaches taken by businesses

Some businesses take a different approach, or at least present their calculations differently to consumers. Some businesses present their redress calculations as:

An offer set out like this could indicate that the business has calculated compensation using a different approach to the one we would usually expect. But it could be that the business has carried out a full hypothetical reconstruction of the account and simply presented its results in a different way. In our experience, setting an offer out like that is likely to be confusing for the consumer. is in credit. On the other payments it should be compound interest at the rate on the card mostly on these around 24.9%

I think but dont quote me on this...it could be because either they are or are njot the UNDERWRITERS and also if has been assigned that could make a difference too

• 1 year later...
I have also received an offer that I consider to be far too low. I have asked them to provide a breakdown of how they have calculated the redress and I have also stated that I think 8% simple interest should actually be the interest that was applied to my account which I believe was 29.9% !! We shall see what their response is, it has taken me years to get to this point. If anyone has any more correspondence please keep us all posted so that we know what we are looking at here.

great results but these are from the mouth of the dca's themselves...how's this for credibility, look at the success gallery page in here: http://consumercreditcounsellingpracticalguideforyou.wordpress.com