Miz_print v Swift Advances

miz_print
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a 2nd mortgage with Swift advances that was paid off when we sold our house in Oct 2008, if we hadn't they would have definitely repossessed it, had numerous letters from 'Eastern Councellors' as we were having financial difficulties at the time.

I have no paperwork regarding this so i am going to send off for a SAR, Does anyone know the address i should send this to?

Also i am wanting to see if we had ppi on this as i am sure somewhere along the line we did and when i realised i had a right carry on to cancel it via the telephone.

What would i be able to claim for from Swift beside ppi as i have been reading about all the rather high fees that they charge such as home visits that never happen etc, need some help with this please as i don't know where to start.

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Get the SAR information and then go through and look for anything in the way of charges. Whatever they are, they can be reclaimed....late payment/failed direct debit/telephone call/bounced cheque/Admin fee and all the rest of it.

Swift are the kind of company that would put a charge on your account if they didn't like the weather that day.

ims

Hi, i have recently opened a thread regarding reclaiming from Swift and i am sending off a SAR request tomorrow, can anyone please tell me that this is the correct address to send this to?

Registered Offices: Arcadia House, Warley Hill Business Park,

The Drive, Great Warley, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3BE

• 1 month later...

Good morning,

In your post (at the bottom) there are references to sending off SAR's and finally receiving some money. Was this in connection with Swift Advances?

If so any or all information you can provide will be VERY valuable.

Thanks,

Dougal

• 3 months later...

I received a letter today from Central Capital today as they were the broker whom i applied for the loan for to Swift. ( I sent a lette and form to each Central Capital and Swift)

They have sent a letter stating that an investigation has commenced etc and their own questionaire although i did send them a questionaire from the FSA with my claim. Fingers crossed all goes ok. I sent the questionaire along with authority to speak to the loan company (as if they don't already!) today recorded delivery so they will have it back tomorrow.

One of the questions asked if there was any arrears during the time of the loan, loan was paid off in November 2008, what does this have to do with anything?

Can we move this to Swift Forum please. Keeps it all together I think. Thanks

This is primarily a PPI thread so should remain in the PPI forum.

If and when the OP starts a charges claim then the best place for that would be in the Swift forum

ims

One of the questions asked if there was any arrears during the time of the loan, loan was paid off in November 2008, what does this have to do with anything?

I think this question is asked because if there were arrears, having a miss-sold PPI would contribute to having arrears as if you didn't have the PPI you may not have had arrears. You could ring any PPI reclaiming company who ask this question on their forms to find out for sure why the question is asked. I believe it's to help the claim but see what you can find out.

It is very good news Miz that your broker is still trading as it will be them who will be dealing with the refund. Swift's response is they are not responsible for the broker and pass the buck. My broker has ceased to trade so I battle on.

I am having the same issue with another ppi claim with Acenden and i am hoping that the underwriters will supply me the certificate and details as Acenden are saying that we never had ppi when it was a huge sum added at the start of the mortgage.

Can we move this to Swift Forum please. Keeps it all together I think. Thanks

When i start a claim with charges i will start another thread in the Swift section as ims already said.

Firstly, welll done for picking up on the Ascenden PPI sounds promising. I will ring a PPI company I used, to check why I was asked the question but i'm sure it's to help. I will get back to you on that. I used the PPI company as an 'experiment' to see how far they would get. Credit to them they did try but Swift passed the buck back to the broker. I believe they are culpable for their broker but that's an issue I have to pursue.

Well i got a letter back from Central Capital as they were the broker for swift and they say they realise the issues and will look further into it...meaning another 8 weeks wait :x fingers crossed all goes well.

That's good progress Miz. Yes, the waits are frustrating but all going in the right direction. Will you be sending an SAR to Ascenden?

I have SAR Acenden and got everything back. I am waiting for the details and certificate from the underwriters relating to this account to get as much info as i can (£25 for the privilage!) as Acenden are trying to say i never had it and i know for a fact i did.

if they have been added to your mortgage statements and latterly interest charged then really you use the FOSCIrunning

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks dx for that. I have done the spreadsheet above and got my figures but i don't understand how to do the 8% bit using the other spreadsheet..is it just a matter of putting in the charges getting that figure and then adding it to the other figure from the first spreadsheet?

Thanks Miz

Had a look at that 3rd spreadsheet and it just dosnt look right, this is for a paid up mortgage account that had charges added to it, i have the figure for the first spreadsheet you linked me to but just need to know how to add the 8% to the total now.

Right some figures for you £445.01 from the first spreadsheet charges started in april 2004, is that 8% for each year; 2004-2012? If so i get around £719 am i on the right track please?

no and why are your thinking you have to take figures from one to the other?

use the FosCISheet

enter your mortgage in rate in D15

enter the date of the FIRST fee in D13

then in these cols

Date of Charge ....................Description ......................Amount of Charge

enter the date /type of charge/ammount of charge FOR EVERY FEE row by row.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...