any advice please !!1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OH was self employed as a subcontractor, and was struggling to get work,received a tax demand was unable to pay and being rather naive took out a loan for £4,000 from a loan company as a secured loan, repayments were £84.00 per month for 180 months (yes yes I know didn,t realise the amount we would be paying back ), but to cut a long story short, paid all payments up to last £2,000 when OH had to sign on sick with a health related condition, kept demanding their money until I received a court letter in 2005, have got the letter from the court which states:

"Upon neither party attending"

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The Claim be struck out dated 2005, never heard another word from them until 2007, when a letter came stating that no payments were being made re: the account and kindly arrange contact with them to discuss the outstanding indebtedness, never contacted them regarding this as far as I was concerned the court letter stated that the claim be struck out, and I thought that the judge had sympathised with us after paying the loan for 13 years, and decided that we had paid way over the £4,000 originally borrowed,have now found out they are stating we owe £39,000,and are still showing as secured by way of a restriction against the property, obviously thinking a mistake had been made I contacted them and stated as far as I was concerned the debt was finished as of the court letter, THEY stated not the case and that the debt now stands at £39,000.

Which means £4,000 borrowed : 13 years @ £1,008 per year = £13,104 Paid , leaving a balance of £2,016 approximately at court date now stating has increased by £37,000 + although have never received any correspondence from them since letter dated 2007 , any advice please !!!!!:sad::-(

Hi,

I note you say OH was engaged as a subcontractor was this within the construction industry ? Did he have any insurances? Was he paying class 2 and/or class 4 national insurance contributions?

Gbarbm