DVLA letter - notify them of change of ownership other than V5 ?

2ltr16valve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am due to sell my vehicle. Normally you would fill in the relevant part of the log book and send that off....

My problem is, the car was a Cat C loss back in Jan/Feb this year. I have sold the car on the basis of being salvage so all is fine there.

What I need to know is, do I fill in the log book that I have even though the dvla will not send out a new one until the vic check is complete or do I just send a letter to dvla explaining the car was sold on xxx date to xxx person with their address ?

I have written something up quickly just in case, would this do ?

To Whom it may concern,

I am writing to you today to notify you (DVLA) that I have sold my vehicle (Reg- XXXXXXX) on 26/09/11.

To;

I have not sent in the V5 new keeper section as the vehicle was subject to a Cat C insurance loss and I no longer have the Log book for this reason as I did not take the vehicle for the VIC check, being I was the owner before the insurance loss and owner after the insurance loss.

I hereby give DVLA notice that from the date of this letter I am no longer responsible for the above vehicle (XXXXXXX), and responsibility shall pass to the person named above until such time that the new keeper completes the VIC check and applies for the V5.

Sincerely,

The reason for this question is the Road tax runs out the end of September (this month!) so I could really do without any hassle from DVLgAy should the new keeper not vic and tax the car promptly.

Many thanks

From the direct. gov website:

If you no longer have your registration certificate V5C

If you don't have a registration certificate you can still tell DVLA that you no longer have the vehicle.

To do this you will need to write to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR giving the:

vehicle registration mark

make and model

exact date of sale

name and address of the new keeper

However, note that DVLA records won’t be complete until the new keeper tells DVLA in writing. Until they do, the police may need to contact you if they have to make enquiries about the vehicle.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/RegisteringAVehicle/DG_4022311

I would send it signed for - DVLA are good a losing things, and if you have the certificate to prove that you sent the letter it is harder for them to say you did not tell them!