Tax credits fraud

pandoradeus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I very stupidly gave the TC people wrong inforation about my & my husbands wages. I mislaid the p60's and plucked figures from the air that seemed about right. Just had a letter from the copliance office saying well actually, no thats not right, this is what we know and this is what you said. If I didnt respond by 28th Sept, my claim would stop etc etc. Ufortyunately my clai was massively underestimated by about £15,000. Phoned them this morning and was told that my agreement with their figures would be passed on to the department dealing with the claim. Ive had 3 days of total panic and looks like Im going to have more. Does anyone had an idea of what happens now? I am so bloody frightened

Firstly, stop panicking.

you say you've underestimated by £15000, does that mean you have earned 15000 more than you told TC?

Either i'm not awake yet or your post is a little difficult to understand.

Take a deep breath and rewrite your post with as much info as possible, obviously do not include any names or other personal info.

There is a wealth of knowledge within this forum and the relevant do gooders will help you to sort this out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

hi again,

I managed to lose both P60s before the renewal letter came in and gave the TC office figures that Id worked out from bank statements plus a little extra for good measure. The figures I gave them are nearer to the net amount than the gross amount,. the compliance office contacted me and said well actially these are the figures that your employers told us and these are the figures that you told us. Theres a discrepancy of around £15,000 between the two. I phoned the number on the letter and was asked if I agreed with the figures which I had to say yes. She then asked me if my figures for next year were correct which again I agreed with, because thats what they had from my employers - Karma really kicked me in the teeth with that one, both me & other half are both off sick, hes just been diagnosed wth cancer so their figures for next year may well be overestimated. The lady I spoke to said she would pass the information onto the 'relevant department, and they will be in touch in due course'

My head is up my backside and scared what happens now.

ok, you have amended the details with TC regarding the £15000, you will probably have been overpaid and they will want to reclaim this overpayment.

However, as you are now both off sick, you have to inform them of the new changes aswell.

When they close the file for last year, any overpayment will normally be deducted from this years payments so you need to make sure they have correct details of your current years incomes with regard to you both being off sick.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Please dont panic,i messed up my form too and also earned a little extra from a job that i ended up quitting after a couple of days that TC knew nothing about! I spoke to a lovely lady who changed my award,they amend it and worked out an overpayment! I cried,couldnt sleep as i felt like a criminal. We all make mistakes,i know its hard waiting but will be fine once they work out your overpayment! Please update us when you know whats happening :wink:

I have just undergone a review by Tax Credits. Mine was to do with over estimating childcare (not ending it should I say). They have just amended my award for this year so PLEASE DON'T PANIC! You have enough on your plate! You have agreed with their findings so I would guess they will just amend your award and recoup any overpayment. Like said above you will need to notify them of a change in circumstances and you will probably end up with more money as your income has gone down.