Westcot/Nelson Guest

c_a_s110
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i'm looking for some advice

I have a £5k debt with MBNA(although the letter from NG now says client Bank of America) which has been running for a while did have a p/plan in place with mbna missed a couple of payments and my account was passed onto AIC who harrased me for a while about 18months ago then all went quiet for a while. Then about a month ago I started getting calls and letters from Westcot and then this morning a letter from Nelson Guest Solicitors offering a reduction if i ring Westcot or they will considor a realistic payment plan and i must reply within 10 days.

Should I make contact with Wescot, I cant afford a reduced amount but possibly could do a payment plan depending on what realistic means (realistic to them or me).

I havnt sent a cca yet so would this be a starting point

Many thanks c_a_s

woe there

you say you have a letter offering a 'discount?'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Contact them in ten days! Really, who the hell do they think they are barking orders at people??

Just for that alone I would ignore them, but when they talk about reduced amounts, that would further reinforce my decision to ignore them.

They are not interested in what payments are realistic to you, they only care about how much money they can squeeze out of you for their benefit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

Hello,

@c_a_s110: What did you do and what has been the outcome? I'm in exactly the same position (ok, different credit card) with Nelson Guest and Wescot for a smaller amount, it sounds like the same letter.

I haven't been in touch with any of them (ever, it's been a really rough year and I've had my head buried in the sand) and the 10 days has now passed.

The card is quite old, pre 2006. Is it worth going down the CCA route? If so, who should I send the letters to, the original bank or Nelson Guest/Wescot?

Thanks for any help.

start your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...