Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Getting excited. Issued 2 claims on MCOL last week that have now been served - total £4500.00.

Funny, today, for the first time ever, I had a call from the Manila call centre asking if i could pay some money in as i was over my limit and he didn't want to have to put any charges on the account.

This knocked me for six so i made a polite comment about it never having bothered them before and that i didn't have money to pay in as i've changed my bank, but not to worry there'll be a large deposit coming in, probably within the next 28 days. That clearly flummoxed him as my reply wasn't on his crib sheet. I said goodbye and hung up.

Boy did that feel good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started my claim back on the 15th Feb 2007 of getting back £1740.45p in charges ,got all my templates (3) for my letters from this site changed them a bit for my self,looked and looked at the HSBC FORUMS on here to see what people were writing.On the 22nd March one day before i was to start court proceedings i got a letter back offering me a settlement of £1500 which i have accepted.I just wanted to say thanks to this site and the mods who run it off there own backs and to tell people that use this site get results and money back

Thanks again :D

One more thing if this site helps you and gives you the b*lls to get back what is yours give the Consumer Action Group some cash back through pay pal to keep the site up and running so they can help more people like your self.

i have just been mailed a letter saying they wanteda breakdown of my charges and they also set an example of how they'd want to see it stated...how long does it take from this stage?? is it normal for them to ask for this??? im owed £2002 will i get it you think???

Chim,you need to start your own thread in the appropriate bank section then we can all help you. Presumably you have filled out a spreadsheet and listed all the charges,have you?

Otherwise read the FAQ,s here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/farepak/

Leech

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Just to give a bit of inspiration!

First claim against HSBC for 2600. Sent first letter to bank along with shedule of charges. 1 week later got letter back saying they were looking into it. 2 weeks later got a letter offering full ammount with the usual drivel about them not admitting they have or will ever do anything wrong. Snapped there hand of obviously!

4 weeks start to finish!! Easy peasy!

However second claim is draging a bit but am hopeful. Watch my thread in HSBC forum "total bankers".

Good luck to you all!

I produced a breakdown of my charges using the spreadsheet in the templates setion - I used the simple version which calculates the interest owed and adds it to applicable charge. aaato hve arived at your total owed I assume tht you have all the info on your charges over the past 6 years. I got mine fro the HSBC internet banking web site.

I also wonder if your bank are trying it on by asking you to comlete a complex document in the hope that you will "throw in te towel".

I would suggest that you look at Martin's Money Tips video. You will find it at (link removed)good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started my claim on 28th Feb 07. First letter with full schedule of charges.

Gave them 14 days to respond.

Second letter sent 14th March 07, with copy of charges and 14 days before court action.

Letter received from bank 17th March, " looking into matters"

Received letter from bank 28th April 07. " prepared to settle claim for £838."

Claim was for £986 plus interest.

No court action was taken and I am delighted with outcome.

Many thanks for showing how it can be done.

Told my sis-in-law about my first claim so she sent prelim asking for charges back after getting her statements on-line.

3 weeks later she got an offer of all but £30.00. £1700 in total, she accepted.

Thanks to CAG for advice and template letter.

Anyone still wondering weather or not to claim, GO FOR IT!

Sent first letter 28th Feb 07 for a total of £2667.19 over 2 accounts.

Sent LBA letter 21st March.

Phoned them up mid april to chase. Told it can take 40 days etc.

3rd May, recieved 2 letters offering £505 and £1700. Total £2205.

Accepted!

12th January 2007 - prelim letter sent.

20th January 2007 - Prelim letter acknowledged and replied to.

26th January 2007 - LBA sent

12th February 2007 - MCOL Claim submitted

15th February 2007 - Notice of Issue received (deemed to be served on 18th Feb - HSBC have till 4th March 2007 to reply)

15th February 2007 - offer made (less than claim) in response to prelim letter.

15th February 2007 - MCOL Claim Acknowledged

3rd March - DG entered Defence

2nd April AQ deadline (only I submitted)

10th April - DG still not sent in AQ

13th April - still waiting for a copy of order from District Judge......still waiting for an offer from DG!!!

4th May - full offer received from DG

So from sending Prelim - to receiving offer was - 112 days - so hang on in there :)

A Very Happy Helen (whatawoman)

Try this one! Not before you get an offer though! LOL:)

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

Hi...i started my claim against HSBC for £1760 and i received a letter from their solicitors defending the claim. I have filed for court proceedings through money claim and now they are defending the whole claim, i.e. we will be setting a court date. Im getting a bit nervous...is this just standard procedure to try and scare me off?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Emma

Hi Express400. I, too, have received a defence from DG. The case has now been transferred from the Northampton court to my local court (Colchester). I'm awaiting a court date. I have prepared my court bundle. Don't know whether to send off a copy of the court bundle to DG or not. Anyone who has experience of this motivating HSBC (or not) would be appreciated. Also, the apparent recent success by TSB against a claimant. Is this likely to influence HSBC in adopting a less resilient line?

ssed the postman today and I have got a letter that has been sent special delivery does anyone know if the DG letters come by Special delivery or maybe the court papers ? , I too have been transferred to my local court in Chester and awaiting to hear from them !!!!!

:???:

I have just successfully won my case against HSBC. Claimed back £3,200 of bank charges plus all of my court fees.

Just for peoples info. I didnt have an Allocation Questionnaire. My local court asked me to produce my "court bundle" to both DG Solicitors (HSBC's Solicitors) and to the court (there was no court date set). They both recieved these on Monday the 14th of May. 3 days later I had a letter saying that they are going to pay up - this was before the court had even issued a hearing date. Turns out that they were just waiting to see whether i could be bothered sending the court bundle or not. As soon as they got it they sent the letter.

Thought this might be of interest to people who have read the latest case in the press where the bank won. I won today, so it really must have been a one off that that guy lost.

Good luck everyone. And thanks to this site for all your help, couldnt have done it without you !!!!! :)

many thanks to all, particularly lateralus and netty g. i accepted an offer of 1400 on a claim of 1700. without the help of this forum it would not have been possible. i've persuaded my partner to carry out a claim with his back he Co-op...

Hi all,

I've been helping a friend with her claim against HSBC as she has no computor access at the mo. Her 1st letter went Feb this year & was for £1994, she was at the point of making a claim to the court, but was trying to get the fee together & they sent her an offer for £2019 yesterday (another £25 since original claim) which she has accepted.

She went into the Nationwide today to open another account (at last!) but was refused as the HSBC has now put her on a defaulters list, they told her that they have had to refuse a lot of new customers on this basis, so it could be a problem if HSBC shut her account, any advice on this please?

Hi Rubyfae

Ask your friend to try the Co-op. We've got pretty bad credit history including a default in my husband's name and they gave us a basic account. Took about 15 minutes over the phone 08457 212212. Well done for getting the money back

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have the best news:grin: :grin: ...DG Solicitors has agreed to make an ex gratia payment for the full amount plus the £50 I paid to MCOL (Total £363.83). I sent my bundle on the 22nd May and received a response on the 28th May.

I suppose HSBC and other banks are defending against every claim, as the letter they sent me is similar to what other's have receved - which goes to show if you keep pushing they will eventually settle.

This forum is awesome!!!

Many thanks to all, especially posts from Lateralus, Hagenuk, Gary H, Martin3030, Miss Oceania & Cbrundle.

Received an offer for the full ammount £3235 this morning.

Filed my claim on line on 24th february.

Sent my court bundle off yesterday 6th June.

Offer came today 7th June.

Just goes to show that they will take these claims to the wire.

This site really is brilliant and I would like to say a massive thankyou to all that have helped me and supported me throughout.

Special thanks to Lateralus, Castlebest, Crusher, Garyh, PinkD, Jowalshy, Rhsymmonds and all the others that have encouraged me along the way.

Enough with the slush, time for the bar to open now!:D