And so it begins - LTSB PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ims - re loan 1 - yes the loan was sold on to another company in Sept 2010 so the PPI ended at that date and the account closed so they told me.

The thought strikes me that if they didn't rebate the PPI when it was "closed" then you were paying PPI after the sale within the balance that was sold on. Consequently they are probably now giving you back the ppi that was still on that account plus interest. This goes back to what I was saying in an earlier post where it was the bank who are responsible for refunding the full amount, not the DCA who bought it. This would be in accordance with fos rules in that you must be put back in the position you would have been in had the ppi not been applied to the account in the first place. I suspect this is where the "extra" amount is.

re loan 2 - I have no idea what these payments were so im going to have another look at my statements again tonight for that one. Good idea

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwww thanks Floss that was really nice of you. Its a good feeling I can tell you - even though OI havent even got the dosh yet - euk!!

Ims - ive had another look at loan 2 statements and there was a payment made to the loan of 5000 on 28/01/03. I think I paid a lump sum off it somehow. I have assumed that I could take part of this payment as being for PPI. Maybe I was wrong. The payment on 29/07/03 was an early settlement of the loan, by way of anither loan I think (4465.72) so i again assumed that part of this was PPI and I was right to include this plus the interest. Id be interested to hear what you think mate.

You comments re the first loan make absolute sense - wow I would never have sussed that - thank you!!

regards madge

Hi

And I think I may have the answer for loan 2.

If you think about it, a single premium ppi added at to a loan at the start and the interest total quoted assumes it will run its normal course and is split into equal instalments. If you make a lump sum payment in the middle of the loan, you have not borrowed the money for as long as was originally anticipated. As a result the interest charge in total is less.

a £5k reduction is substantial and will impact on the total interest payable on the loan...i.e. making to the total interest less. So where you put in the spreadsheet a straight percentage of the repayment, no account is taken of the potential reduction in interest for the remainder of the ppi loan. This is why I think their figure for the second loan is less than the spreadsheet figure...all to do with the overall interest reduction.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

And just to let you know...you are not at fault. To get that calculation correct is not a simple task and \i think anyone would have done it the way you did.

I would reckon that their offer in total is not far off the real thing myself.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 2 months later...

Well I succeeded in my own claim - thought we may as well do the same for hubby.

Have some statements here for a few of the old mans loans with LTSB and there are 2 with PPI - hurraaaah!!. Will be putting in a claim obviously (be rude not to really).

On one statement the loan was taken out in Sept 05 and then balance tf to new loan Apr 08. Straight forward enough with no rebate of PPI.

The second loan was opened Aug 03 with PPI. Then it was settled early in Jan 05 by another loan. On the day it was settled there is an amount of 1500 for rebate of PPI . Does this complicate my spreadsheet? and if so can you tell me how I go about claiming on this loan if I can

Thanks everyone

Madge

pm ims21

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Have a read of No.1 in my or dx's signatures.....there is information in there about rollovers and rebates

Shout here when you've read it if you need more help

ims

Edited by ims21

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions