And so it begins - LTSB PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a bit of advice - keep a copy of ALL letters to and from lloyds tsb. Once you have put in your complaint if if takes longer than 12 weeks OR you do not agree with what they say go straight to fos. Its a case of filling in two forms one of them very very simple the other a questionnaire which is mainly multiple choice. They will then investigate for you (it can take a while due to current worklaod) and if youre unsure of any offer value again run it through fos.

you should relly be getting back

everything you paid into the policy + interest paid on the ppi premiums + 8% statutory anual interset for every year youve had the loan untill the date your refund is paid

SARs can take up to around 12 weeks but if it takes longet than this contact the information commissions officer. To speed things up make sure you inform them asap of any name/address changes you have had since taking out the loan (they may ask for proof eg marriage certificates or bills) they use dpa as the reason for requesting this.

If youve had loans with lloyds chances are you ahev had the insurance - to put it into figures for you - the banks in england put aside around 8 bilion pounds to pay out on these claims as a whole. Lloyds banking group has contributed somewhere around 3.2 billion of this, the most any bank has put aside. This shows just how many loans and cc with lloyds actually had this added onto them. Chances are if youve got it on one loan youve got it on them all as selling the policies ran on commission so if the advisor could get away with adding it they would!

good luck

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sars are 40 days......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice and the info Luce - interesting figure re the amount put aside isnt it? Re the amounst you have said to expect, Im a bit unsure in our case as we defaulted on the loan in April 2008 and have been paying reduced payments ever since. Lloyds TSB have told me that they have now sold the debt on and Moorcr^p are now the proud owners of my loan. I wouldnt know where to start working out what to expect back if I am successful. The PPI was loaded on at the beginning so I would at least expect that back, together with the interest on every PPI payment up until the date the loan was sold maybe?? Im a bit unsure about the 8% annual figure you have mentioned.

Update - I have received the acknowledgement letter regarding my complaint so at least I know the wheels are in motion now.

I have now sent a CCA request for an alliance and leicester loan I have so i will start a new thread for this if there happens to be PPI on this one as well.

Well well welll

LTSB have sent me 2 x statements for loans - 1 is the one I have already made the PPI claim on and the 2nd one they have sent me is for another loan between Nov 2002 and July 2003 which also shows a PPI - Guess thats another claim I I will be making. I have also recd a letter from them acknowledging my SAR request and stating they have until 22/10 to deal with it.

Ive just moved house so havent got the internet until Thursday this week, also i cant download the spreadsheet at work so i wonder if I PM somebody my email address, could you possibly send me the spreadsheet that way. That way i can have a gander at the figures (now I have the statements) in my lunch hour.

Madge

Oh lovely - Moorcr4p have sent me a lovely letter saying they will accept 120.00 per month from me to prevent legal action. Would you recommend that i send an account in dispute letter at this sate to get them off my back whilst my claim is being considered? I have had a look in the library but cant find one that relates to my situation (Im sure there is one there though) - If you think this is the right action, please could you point me in the right direction for the template please. Also has anybody read my previous post regarding the spreadsheet and sending it via email through a PM. Pleeeeeease

Thanks

Madge

Excellent, from reading your thread it hadn't occurred to me to check my current 3 Credit Cards I am paying to the day I met my maker.

So it begins round 1, Credit Cards, Loans have are already in motion.

look forward to your updates..

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

African - I dont blame you, get checking. The support from CAG has giving me so much confidence to take these blighters on. IMS is especially helpful in my case

I found a spreadsheet in the library to work out the claim total and it scared me a bit. the difference between statutory interest and contractual interest is about £14'000 for 2 x loans with PPI - Feel a little miffed to go for statutory now I have seen this, or am i just being tooooooo greedy. Ive just requested a CCA for a huge Santander Loan now (was A&L) and they are about to run out of time re this so I will start a thread especially for this.

Just a quick updateI have completed one of the spreadsheets calculating my PPI claim which I am eager to get sent off to LTSB to tie up with my complaint (made via telephone). Im hoping to get my printer working tomorrow night so will post my spreadsheet on here. I'd be ever so grateful if some one could just make sure it looks ok before I send it off.

Madge

use:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

that way all private info is masked

i'd pers also fillout and send the fos customer complaint questionire too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Doesn't appear to give you the right asnswer....its not the spreadsheet I linked you to in post #7.

Use the spreadsheet I gave you in post #7.

Your total loan was £17,217.15 of which the ppi part was £3,217.15 so ppi was 18.6% of the total. Your monthly repayment was £377.27 so 18.6% of that amount was for the ppi part of the loan, i.e. £70.17. Ifg you made any reduced payments then 18.6% of those payments was for ppi.

Go through and list 18.6% of each payment you actually made against the loan giving the date, a description and the amount. If you settled the loan early you need to enter 18.6% of the settlement figure as the final item in the list.

If the loan is still live then only enter the payments you have actually made to date.

You will then have your claim amount.

Regards

ims

Yes I had problems d/l the spreadsheet that you gave me (hence the previous request for a PM to send yours via email). it makes complete sense what you have said so I will need to do it again when I get home later. Thanks goodness I asked you to look at it first Ims

Oh I forgot that you had probs with it.

It will work in Excel but not MS Works....make sure you download it and save it to your PC rather than work with it straight from the link because in Excel 2010 it sometimes tells you that the sheet is locked and you have to click the "enable editing" button to free it up.

Regards

ims

Ims, the spreadsheet isnt letting me change the blue cells - even when I unprotect it. I saved it to my desktop first so it should have worked. Doh!! Im filling in the white cells in the meantime

Madge