And so it begins - LTSB PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i've done it.

I spent months thinking I hadnt got PPI's and just realised that I have at least one. OMG how stupid am I.

I am about to post my SAR to LTSB to gather as much info as i need to commence the claim. I will keep you all up to date with how its all going and no doubt will be asking lots of questions and looking for advice. This website is fab isnt it?

I will be doing the same for other loan/cc accounts both myself and hubby have/had so wll be a regular on here. Its great to see success stories and Its only reading these that has given me the confidence to at least try going down this route.

I attempted to reclaim bank charges a couple fo years ago but at the same time the ECA pulled the rug from under us all where that was concerned. As far as im concerned they should all be made to pay for bleeding us all dry in one way or another. I know this isnt going to be an easy ride but im so up for the challenge.

Anyway - I will update when my SAR has been posted so i can start the clock ticking.

Madge

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Madge.

Just to give you a heads up, Lloyds will usually baulk at sending through stuff relating to a SAR beyond six years. Forewarned is forearmed and we can deal with that scenario if and when it happens.

Regards

ims

I have now posted the SAR to LTSB so will wait for a response. Im looking into PPI reclaim on a loan which is still in place so I will phone them on Monday to get this cancelled asap. I will tell them that I am gong to put a claim in for the past period and see what they say. I know that some people have had the full refinds plus interest without even having to put formal claim in so i will mention it. I also feel I should claim the charges on my CC so will see what comes back with my SAR.

Hi

Yes you're right...sometimes a bank will cough up quite easily. Having said that, Lloyds have recently taken to baulking on SAR requests and messing about with PPI claims (probably 'cos its costing them a lot of money!).

I think you would still be wise to prepare your own calculations to ensure that if they do make you an offer, they are actually offering the correct amount.

If you have the figures from the agreement you can get pretty close to the figure you should expect but if you can get the statements as well you can get even closer.

Regards

ims

Hmmm yes you are right about having a good ideas about the figures. Guess I should wait for the SAR first and work it out. There are calculators around arent there? - So in the meantime shall I canx it anyway or shall I wait?

Hi

Yes, still cancel the PPI. You can do it on the phone but make sure you confirm it in writing and if you can, do that letter recorded.

I've attached a spreadsheet that will do the calculations for you.

Change your personal details in the blue section and then move to the white list section under the coloured bits. Here you will need to enter each payment towards the ppi part of the loan giving the date, a description (i.e. PPI payment) and the amount of the payment. All of the other calculations are done for you.

Please note that the sheet is protected in certain areas to prevent alteration to the formulae. If you get a protection message it means you are trying to change a protected cell. Also note that if you are using MS Works spreadsheet, the attached will not work properly.

Regards

ims

StatIntSheet1.xls

Just tried to phone and was referred onto 3 different numbers.

Last one is the complaints dept for the PPI's so it appears to be the correct one, and guess what - its just ringing out grrrrrrr

Guess I will have to keep trying

patience is a virtue - especially when you are on your lunch hour

Well tried the compaints number again today and couldnt get through. I guess they are up to their eyeballs in claims though. So although Im waiting for my SAR to be dealt with, I would really like to get organised and put my claim in for PPI and charges etc on my loan. Would the next step be to ask for copy of the loan agreement as a CCA request and a list of all transactions and charges etc??. Shall I ask for this in one letter or do I have to ask this separately.

Hi

Just a thought....if this loan is still running and you're getting impatient, you could try popping into your branch and see if they can pull up details of the loan on the computer and print off a transaction history.

Don't tell them that you want it for a ppi claim or charges claim though.....make something up like your accountant wants it or the tax man wants to see it.

You might be lucky....nothing to lose though.

Regards

ims

Thanks IMS im a bit dubious about going into a branch as they may refuse to let me leave without coughing upp what i owe. Loan is in default eff April 2008 although from when I took it out in Dec 2004 up until April 2008 payments were fine. This may complicate the issue rather so I think I will need all the statements so I can see whats what from April onwards.

Oh right...understood.

CCA requets would get you a copy or a reconstruction of the agreement, the t&cs and should get a copy of the last statement but won't give a full transaction history which is what you really need. The SAR should get you that.

You can put in a speculative claim if you wish and some have done so but I'm more of a "cover all bases" person myself.

Regards

ims

Ooooh I was just pondering whether to just put in a claim and 'see what happens' but came to the same opinion. Im best to wait to put it all in together. Thanks for all you help in this IMS - I really do appreciate your time and efforts to help me. Lets see - I sent SAR recorded delivery on Friday they should have it by now so lets start counting from today I reckon. So they have until 23rd October to reply. I am soooooooo putting a huge 'X' on my calendar for that day. In the meantime, I will keep trying this blasted complaints line on the offchance a cleaner may answer the phone - Probably get more sense anyway.

Just an update - Posted the CCA req to BLS today recorded so will update when i hear. In the meantime, I am going to post a letter to them offering 1.00 per month until it is all sorted. Will post this tomorrow. Not sure why I didnt do that today to be honest.

Well there's a thing. I actually got through to LTSB PPI claim line. Lady took my details over the phone and said we will send an acknowledgement to you and then it will take up to 12 weeks.

As far as i could see the PPI is still on the loan so the lady put me through to the loans dept who told me that as the debt was sold on then the PPI isnt still running. Hmmm I did try to say that surely if the PPI was axctually Missold then the amount that LTSB sold it for was well over what it should have been - errrr no response he did not have a clue - just said no PPI to canx. I just hope that the claims dept dont say that I dont have a case now the debt has been sold on but then I wont know for a good few weeks will I.

At least once they respond to my SAR and CCA requests I can work out the amount of payments and interest up until the date the debt was sold on.

Really?? that has surprised me to be honest. I'll see what they come back with then. I wonder if anyone else has had a successful claim with LTSB via the telephone claims number. If you have please let me know, im really interested in hearing from you.

The lady who took my call was really quick and when she asked what the basis of my claim was, I explained that i would never have needed the PPI as I was in FTW with adequate sick pay scheme and that this was never explained to me at the time. She just said thats fine, thats all I need. It doesnt feel like she took enough info off me so im a bit worried they will just turn me down for not giving enough info.

Oh yes I see what you mean IMS - I assumed they would be liable until the date that the debt was sold. But then believed them when they said that once the debt is sold thats it - end of story - I really shouldnt believe anything they tell me should I - after they snidey eidy sold it to me in the first place.