Engage Trying to evict me- Help+ lots of Fees to get back ! EVICTION STOPPED

Pupter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great well done, did the calculator work ok when adding up your charges?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Right paperwork gone to court, £40 paid and a hearing for Wednesday. Here we go! Thanks for all your help so far. Once they refund all those insurance premiums we will have been charged and taken into account what I have paid this month, we have already cleared 38% of the whole arrears balance. If they take out fees with interest added on(and I think there maybe more that I am missing from some statements) we would have cleared 48% of the arrears. On what we have asked the judge to agree to we would be looking to clear the rest over 23 months, does that seem reasonable to everyone? In addition any overtime or other money that we had left each month will go straight over to them as well so I don't think it will even take as long as that?

Right paperwork gone to court, £40 paid and a hearing for Wednesday. Here we go! Thanks for all your help so far. Once they refund all those insurance premiums we will have been charged and taken into account what I have paid this month, we have already cleared 38% of the whole arrears balance. If they take out fees with interest added on(and I think there maybe more that I am missing from some statements) we would have cleared 48% of the arrears. On what we have asked the judge to agree to we would be looking to clear the rest over 23 months, does that seem reasonable to everyone? In addition any overtime or other money that we had left each month will go straight over to them as well so I don't think it will even take as long as that?

Did they add the insurance premium and arrears fees to the arrears balance they say you owe? if so, they cannot do that - these charges should be added to the outstanding balance of the mortgage.

You need to check carefully what the arrears total is made up of. If the arrears fees and insurance have been added to the outstanding balance of the mortgage then removing them won't reduce the arrears total (arrears total is the amount of monthly installments missed) - it will only reduce the outstanding mortgage amount.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Did they add the insurance premium and arrears fees to the arrears balance they say you owe? if so, they cannot do that - these charges should be added to the outstanding balance of the mortgage.

You need to check carefully what the arrears total is made up of. If the arrears fees and insurance have been added to the outstanding balance of the mortgage then removing them won't reduce the arrears total (arrears total is the amount of monthly installments missed) - it will only reduce the outstanding mortgage amount.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Sorry I meant to email yesterday to thank you, yes I have it and have now had time to go through it properly. It worked a treat and adds up to around £1150 of charges plus interest that I have found so far, there are some gaps so could actually be more than that and I am paying interest on that too each month on my mortgage balance.

Another question, should I be asking for the insurance premiums plus interest back too because they have been added to my arrears balance every month?

Sorry I meant to email yesterday to thank you, yes I have it and have now had time to go through it properly. It worked a treat and adds up to around £1150 of charges plus interest that I have found so far, there are some gaps so could actually be more than that and I am paying interest on that too each month on my mortgage balance.

Another question, should I be asking for the insurance premiums plus interest back too because they have been added to my arrears balance every month?

Ell-enn They have added the insurance premiums to the arrears balance. The fees balance is added to just the mortgage balance.

Ell-enn They have added the insurance premiums to the arrears balance. The fees balance is added to just the mortgage balance.

OK, so you need to deduct the insurance premium from the arrears total they claim you owe.

OK, so you need to deduct the insurance premium from the arrears total they claim you owe.

Right so for the hearing tomorrow I am taking a copy of the pack I presented at court, a list of all the insurance premiums that have been added to the arrears to show what should come off (do I say I am disputing the arrears amount?) do I take a copy of what I have paid over the past year? Anything else I should do or say?

Right so for the hearing tomorrow I am taking a copy of the pack I presented at court, a list of all the insurance premiums that have been added to the arrears to show what should come off (do I say I am disputing the arrears amount?) do I take a copy of what I have paid over the past year? Anything else I should do or say?

Further couple of questions, do I take along a copy of the chart that ukaviator sent me which shows all their charges and interest. Do I make an issue about the charges and fees tomorrow or will that just annoy the Judge? Should I take a chart showing how much I have been charged within the arrears as the insurance premiums and if so should I be claiming back the 8% on those as well? I realise I would need three copies of each to share out.

Further couple of questions, do I take along a copy of the chart that ukaviator sent me which shows all their charges and interest. Do I make an issue about the charges and fees tomorrow or will that just annoy the Judge? Should I take a chart showing how much I have been charged within the arrears as the insurance premiums and if so should I be claiming back the 8% on those as well? I realise I would need three copies of each to share out.

Hi there, we have commented in your statement that the arrears figure is not correct due to interest and insurance charges, but certainly take any documents with you proving this - you will need an extra 2 copies, one for the judge and one for the other side's rep.

You should get to the court in plenty of time and ask if there are any free legal advisors on duty - if you speak to one of them they can go into the hearing and support you.

Hi there, we have commented in your statement that the arrears figure is not correct due to interest and insurance charges, but certainly take any documents with you proving this - you will need an extra 2 copies, one for the judge and one for the other side's rep.

You should get to the court in plenty of time and ask if there are any free legal advisors on duty - if you speak to one of them they can go into the hearing and support you.

Ok thanks. Any other things I should say or do in court tomorrow. At the rate we have offered we would be clear in a maximum of 2 years, does that still sound reasonable? I know with the Norgan thing we might have got longer but I just want these done and gone?

Ok thanks. Any other things I should say or do in court tomorrow. At the rate we have offered we would be clear in a maximum of 2 years, does that still sound reasonable? I know with the Norgan thing we might have got longer but I just want these done and gone?

I think you'll do fine :)

I think you'll do fine :)

One point I am a little unsure on, can anyone advise...the mortgage company said I had to see their solicitor when knocked on my door and that I will be charged regardless of whether I spoke to him or not. He poked a letter through my door as I was out when he came (no appointment had been made) he then caught me on the doorstep another day and I was just leaving the house and said I didn't need to speak to him as I was taking other advice. Is it right that I can refuse to see him and cannot be charged?

One point I am a little unsure on, can anyone advise...the mortgage company said I had to see their solicitor when knocked on my door and that I will be charged regardless of whether I spoke to him or not. He poked a letter through my door as I was out when he came (no appointment had been made) he then caught me on the doorstep another day and I was just leaving the house and said I didn't need to speak to him as I was taking other advice. Is it right that I can refuse to see him and cannot be charged?

You do not have to see him if you did not agree to an appointment - you should write stating you did not agree and refuse to pay the fee. Did the lender write to you advising you that they were sending him?

You do not have to see him if you did not agree to an appointment - you should write stating you did not agree and refuse to pay the fee. Did the lender write to you advising you that they were sending him?