Credit Reports - question re Call credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I recently asked for advice on getting my credit reports to check what info was present in relation to statute barred debts and dcas. I got both reports from Experian and Equifax and both show absolutely nothing other than my current bank account and how I have conducted it over the last 6 years. There are no previous searches listed, no CCjs, no defaults or entries by DCAs, nothing under GAIN or CIFAs etc etc.

My question is, how likely is my report on Call Credit going to be any different than the other 2? I ask only because they are being awkward in asking for ID of proof of address x 2 which I do not have and didn't have to provide to the others (Equifax only wanted one and I was able to scan and upload it for them). I'm thinking of not bothering with them at all or just waiting til I go on the electoral roll if the chances are slim it will have different info.

What do others think?

That is typical Call Credit, they are of course right

in wanting residential history etc, I have found that their data

is often out of date as they are relatively minor in the CRA field

and are not as widely used as the other 2 agencies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I see reports provide to me by othesr and a good percentage

of those from Call Credit vary wildly from those provided

by the 2 main CRA's.

''One swallow does not a summer make'':madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Appreciated as always.

Think I may just e-mail callcredit as it is proof x 2 of my CURRENT address that they want, not residential history. And of the documents they want I only have one utility bill in my name plus the tv licence (which isn't on their list of acceptables btw) and I do not drive. equifax accepted an uploaded scan of my current gas bill(which is paperless billing and I had to print it out from npower on-line) plus a scan of my passport. Call credit want only credit card statement (as if) mortgage statement, bank statement (I have on-line banking only and don't get statements)or utility bills and I have to send 2 of these mentioned and they must be the originals(?) I guess I will have to cancel my membership with them until i am showing on the electoral role (which is probably the reason they want this proof in the first place).

BTW, to those of you who said that call credit is either out of date or varies wildly in info, what exactly did you mean by this? Equifax and Experian only show activity in the last six years, which is probably why my files are clear and up-to-date. There is nothing pertaining to my 10 year old debts and no other credit since then other than my current bank account which was all in green. Do you mean that call credit show stuff older than six years? Like my old debts could still be showing or did you mean something else?

Thanks

My Call Credit file did not show my current

account or credit card,a loan account had

no been updated in 3 years where it showed

every month on others and a default by a company

that I had never heard of again not on the others.

Correct, I regularly print out

copies and keep a paper file ongoing

for future reference some times

with my poor IT skills it's quicker:madgrin:

Thanks Brig LOL . I have one final question on this particular query (although I am sure I will be back for more soon) Now that I have established that my old debts from 2001 are SB and have not been compromised by any CCJs are any of the DCAs that are floating about with my old debts (Equidebt are at least one) able to go and suddenly add a default notice on my credit file now? Like you I plan to regularly check my files now for any changes but I was wondering if they still have the right to do it, especially since I have now become a member of the CRAs and have confirmed where I actually reside?

no they cannot

once an account on your CRA falls off, its SB'ed end off dead parrot etec etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That is typical Call Credit, they are of course right

in wanting residential history etc, I have found that their data

is often out of date as they are relatively minor in the CRA field

and are not as widely used as the other 2 agencies.

Apart from flogging financial products, I think updating their records more accurately is one of the main reasons CC decided to offer the free report.

I understand that they also ask for credit card details even though they wont be using it as the report is free !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Any DCA would be really chancing there arm

chasing that kind of debt, but a few of them

will have ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peeps

Can anyone advise please. Bought this house over 2 years ago, it had been repossessed from last owner. Have been bombarded ever since with mail for them (which up until recently have been marking as no longer at this address and putting back in the post). also had bailiffs at the door.

Yesterday got letter for previous occupant and opened it - it reads:-

Notice of Application for credit

An application for credit occurred in the name of Mrs *******

This application was at an address different form your own however that address is currently linked to your own home address.

We ask you to contact our offices to discuss this on ************

Yours sincerely

blah blah blah

This was from Link financial outsourcing.

We rang them but they would not tell us much over the phone. Does this mean she is using this address to gain a loan? We are worried this might impact on our ability to gain credit in the future, or worse still end up having to pay for someone else's debt.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dee

Hazz is right addresses are not affected, except

links to your own previous addresses, to be on the safe side

check your credit files for any link.

Brig.

There is a method to stop anyone

ringing your door bell, produce a notice a long the lines

of:

TAKE NOTICE -- TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

THE FOLLOWING NAMED PERSONS ARE NOT

RESIDENT AT THIS ADDRESS, WE (YOUR NAMES)

HAVE NO INFORMATION REGARDING THE WHEREABOUTS

OF THESE PERSONS.

NO FURTHER CONTACT MAY BE MADE AT THIS ADDRESS.

FOR THE ATTENTION OF ROYAL MAIL PLEASE

DO NOT DELIVER ANY MAIL ADDRESSED TO XXXXXXXX

RETURN TO SENDER AS UNKNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS

SIGNED XXXXXX XXXXXX

I think you can also have a note put on your credit files to confirm that Mrs Person has no financial link with anyone at this address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wouldn't bother with a notice as no one chasing that debt will search your file. you have no financial link to them at all. it's like me putting a notice on my file for the previous occupants at my address. just return to sender and ignore.

Have to totally disagree on that Hazz after

researching the us of CRA's and the use of them

in debt collection over the last 30 months I can

assure you searches are done even if just to

check on changes of circumstance, the notice

should be attached to account.

we'll have to agree to disagree. if a previous occupant had loads of debt at my home i wouldn't bother with a notice. i can 100% guarantee the debt company wont search my file because i live at the address. they can only search the individual.

If you or the person has debts likely to be of inter

If you or the third party have debts likely to be of interest to

DCA's or others why on earth would you want any connection

shown on CRA files, you can find yourself up to your neck

in another persons debt problems.

Perhaps we're getting our wires crossed BRIG . I am responding to Deellen's post, I'm assuming she has no debt, she isn't the person they are after and won't be associated in any way to that person, DCA's can't view who is at an address and only have the persons name they are interested in at that address. If Deellen puts a notice on her file no DCA will see it unless she is in debt and is searched,even if this is the case the DCA will not see the other debtors information unless they are associated. There is no connection between them so there is no point at all to mention it on her file. Happy to disagree, all I care about is what my credit file displays and wouldn't personally bother with a notice in this situation but that's my opinion so happy to be shot down and ignored :)