New Lloyds Claim

goldiea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wanted to start a thread to document a new claim issued against Lloyds TSB on 5th September, received confirmation of acklowedgment on 12th September. The claim is my sisters and I am just assisting and giving support but this site and all contributors have given us much guidance and assistance (plus a healthy dose of common sense:D).

I have been reading and claiming for a few months now but this is the first that has not been settled - so here goes.. i will keep reading and i am aware of the general procedures but also aware that slight variations can put in jeopardy what is being reclaimed so i hope you can support us.... is anyone else online helping a friend, relative?

I will register her claim no. etc now....

Good Luck everyone but any words of encouragment would be very happily received.

xx

We're all here goldiea....good luck...let us know how you get on :)

Saj x

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Data Protection Act letter sent recorded delivery 15.5.06

Compliance 1.06.06

PAR letter sent recorded delivery 7.06.06

1st denial received 13/6/06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery 21.06.06 (received 22/6)

Moneyclaim filed 7/7/06, Served 15/7/06

Allocation questionaire returned 28/8/06

Court date 1st December :lol:

SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY IN FULL 5.10.06

Hi Saj,

Thanks for the support.. I will keep updating but nothing for now as Lloyds now have half of the 28 days left and I think they will probably wait until the last moment (as other peoples experience have highlighted again and again)...but then again, you never know..

xx

Hi Goldiea

I'm in a similar situation to you, i'm helping my friend to claim against Lloyds for nearly £4000 worth of charges just over 3 years!!!! Its really crazy isn't it??!!!but seems she's having a tough time...

The bank received her claim on the 13th and on the 23rd they acknoleged it and said that they were defending the whole claim, is it right to say that they have 28 days from the date that they acknoleged it until it goes to court?

Obviously she's quite worried about going to court is this the general pattern there following or are they settling before the court date??

Any help would be so much appreciated its a while since my claim and i didn't have to deal with lloyds and its bout time they paid up!

Good luck with your sisters claim is it a big amount?

Lets screw these banks together!! :p

Hi rrrach,:)

My sisters claim is over £1200 and rising (the interest just keeps rolling, you know!?). As far as I am aware they have 28 days to enter the defence or respond by way of requesting a stay to enable negotiations at that time (mmm..though I have read that they do not actually try try to negotiate and may instead wait until the eleventh hour!). If they enter a defence, it is alocation questionnaire time and then a court date will be set.... I hope I have that right. Every time I say something I have to double check what I am saying, just in case I am wrong, so much info!!!!

I hope I have helped to answer your question and good luck right back at you !!!

xx

looks like i'm one step behind you with my claim. i've sent my first letter, the letter i received from lloyds in the form of an acknowledgement is i will be getting a formal response within 5 days is this normal? was your letter simular to this? sorry for all the questions

Hi Souza,

From your posting it looks like you have sent your Prelim letter - is that right? If so, then you should receive an ackno. soon, as per the letter you have received. Take a good look at the FAQ section and read as much as you can because it is others peoples experiences and information that spurs you on and helps you to stay focused and not be frightened to death by the banks etc... you need to know what to expect and what to do or expect from the banks next.;)

hope it goes well and keep asking the questions!!

xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Souza,

Thats funny, you have asked how we are doing today and today the bank have put in a defence - THIS WAS THEIR LAST DAY TO DO SO!!! so as we thought, they have waited until the last minute to do this!!!! they are time wasting, rotten and greed ritten rats me thinks!

Never mind onwards and upwards....next step allocation questionaire i think....I dont think my sister is not going to be too pleased, as she is really worried about the thought of a court appearance (same as almost everyone else on here:-| )...

Let me know how you get on with the LBA Souza but Good Luck:) ..

xx

good luck!

i was going to get my local mp's backing before sending my lba. try scaring the banks for a change, lol. plus if so many people go to them complaining of unfair bank charges it might make them do something more about it than just sitting in their office. dreading going to court though. its good theres so much support here.

• 2 weeks later...

:) hya just had a reply from lloyds refusing my claim for £2,447.79 taken over 6years it was as expected i have used the return letter on this site.

and with the information i have read from this site i am fully prepared to go the whole distance will let you know what happens if it had not been for this site i would never have tried or decided to continue with my claim GOOD FOR YOU ALL

hello james and everyone else,

found this site the other day and has been very informative - not very good with computers and emails etc so not sure how to be part of a thread and hoping emailing a reply will get me started!

i have two claims - first is against lloyds for £2085 (dating to July 2002 - i htought since i wa impatient for all statements before then i would start off with this one now and go for the rest as soon as i get statements for that amount). The second is against halifax for £412.

have sent of the prelim letter to lloyds on friday 20th and will send off halifax tmrw on 23rd and will keep you all posted on progress!

£2497 here i come!

by the way, from what i understand, however long and drawn out the process is, and however patronising and grunpy the banks are and however much they try to scare you with letters that look very official, we all have the law on our side and they do not. so never lose heart!!! this is my first post but i am 100% sure i will win all money back and will settle for absolutely nothing less than that. let the battle begin!!!

lol,

m