BTs Un advertised Rolling Contract £67 Charges??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been with BT For 3 Years, I signed up for a 12 month contract.

NOT once was we told or made aware that this contract would automatically renew for 12 months

We have never recieved a letter saying that the contract would be renewing & I would never have taken out the initial contract with them had I been aware of this

I have changed my supplier and Been charged £67

Im disgusted that they are allowed to do this, surely a contract is a mutual agreement....I did not agree to this.

Is there a way to get out of the charges??

OK the 2 ways I'd be considering handling this. 1st is to complain.

Here is the BT "Complaints Code". If you follow that to it's conclusion it will cost BT more than the £67 they're demanding, so in all likelyhood BT will as a "gesture of goodwill" write off that amount. Complain that they've never informed you it was a rolling contract, and they havn't sent you a reminder that this contract is renewing.

The other way is to ignore it as BT don't report on credit files at the moment. The worst they can do is pass the debt to a DCA.

Personally, I'd prefer to try 1 and if they didn't play ball, ignore it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for your reply will try complaining

I Have had a reply from Ofcom to say that they have recorded my experience and that they have set out proposals to end rolling contracts

Let us know what they reply please.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar