Oh My God!

james23_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got through my statments from my A&L (MBNA) credit cards that I'm doing as a trial to see if I can get any 'unfair payments' refunded. Even after taking into account the small number of charges I've managed to get refunded, they potentially owe me £819

I am absolutely shocked that I can have wasted that much money (My limit is only £2.5k) and there's no reason why at least 2 other cards would be any better than that!

I think this is worth a go.....

It's suprising when you get your statements and see just how much they have took off you . Good luck and keep us posted.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Yes, it's a shock when you tot the charges up!

I thought my abbey would be a small claim but it's over £300 just from Nov last year (just from the statements I can see online). Thing is, until we recently hit a 3 month long bad patch we'd never been bad with money. Also, my "ever so organised & good with money" friend has worked out she's paid out £1,200 in 2 years so they must be making a small fortune off everyone but the wealthy with these 1 off charges that you never really noticed before now.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Er...add up the charges.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Yeah sorry - it's just I get fed up with pointing people at the FAQs.

The bit that says FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!! -:::::::::::::::::::

With the following in it:

Q. The trouble is that I don't remember what they have taken from me. I'm not very good with my paper and I don't have my statements any more OR I was troubled about ID theft and I shred my statments after looking at them and therefore do not know the amount I have been charged, how can I find this information?

A. You can apply to your bank for copy statements going over as long as you need. You can make an offical request under the Data Protection Act (199 - you need to make the bank aware that you are making this request under the DPA. They then have 40 days to comply with the law. If they state that bank statements are not covered under the act, point them at the Durant v FSA case, in which the judge ruled that bank statement information is 'personal' information and thus covered under the Data Protection Act.

and

Q. Is it ok to completely ignore the section labelled 'FAQ' and just ask the same question as everyone else has before me?

A. Yes, of course. The Admins and Mods want for nothing more than to repeat themselves serveral hundred times per day. We live for it, really we do. It's not like there's more pressing issues at hand - or people with questions that haven't been answered here.

PS. No, in reality, it's not.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Not statements either - you want a list of charges, dates and descriptions - subtle difference but it means the world of difference to the DPA.

------------

------------

;-)

------------

------------

Thankyou dave

Just new to all this, will look a little harder next time :)

There is a lot material here and it is worth taking a couple of days to familiarise yourself with the forum content before you start posting.

You will find it very well worthwhile

Not statements either - you want a list of charges, dates and descriptions - subtle difference but it means the world of difference to the DPA.

Dave, what is meant by this.

In all may DPAs i've asked for list of charges, or alternativly a complete set of statements will be acceptable.

I've ended up with statements each time, is there something else of importance contained within a list of charges?

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

For calculating your loss either a complete list of charges etc or your statements is adequate. However, if you read the DPA request, it also asks for details of manual intervention. The reason for this is that a spokeman for the banks said recently that the charges were so high was that it required manual intervention by two people in the automated process to reject ODs, DDs etc. Okay, let's see the evidence. No=one, to be knowledge has received this.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Okay richardc thats fine then, I used the standard DPA request which asks for this anyway. We'll see if I am the first one they provide it for, not.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Can you insist on that? The standard letter says that statements would be acceptable. HSBC have said I'll have to pay £35 per hour for them to collate such a list.

For calculating your loss either a complete list of charges etc or your statements is adequate. However, if you read the DPA request, it also asks for details of manual intervention. The reason for this is that a spokeman for the banks said recently that the charges were so high was that it required manual intervention by two people in the automated process to reject ODs, DDs etc. Okay, let's see the evidence. No=one, to be knowledge has received this.

When I wrote to Barclays for statements (they were very quick btw) the came with a letter asking what I meant by 'Manual Intervention' - hey ho!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks