University Official Complaint

Amil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was hoping that someone can give me advice. I am a fee paying masters student at a scottish university. Unfortunately, an issue arose where the teaching of a module was poor, no module handbook, module descriptor, marking scheme/guidelines was provided, software required to complete assignment was only introduced in week 8 (12 week module), the assignment was only given out in week 10. Throughout the weeks I approached many people from module tutor, to moduel leader, to programme leader, up to head of department. No one seemed to have the ability to deal with my complaint and I was getting no-where. In fact, following a meeting with the HoD, I was advised that he would have a solution by the end of the week. I waited and received no correspondance. The day after he had agreed to make contact with me I emailed saying that although I was aware he was busy, I was disappointed that I had not heard from him yet, and could he advise me of what I should do. I wish I hadn't. He emailed me back saying that he got many hundreds of emails everyday and due to his various roles and responsibilities was busy. He then proceeded to call me offensive... I guess he got out the wrong side of bed or something.

Anyway, I submitted a formal complaint (huge file) to the university's complaints department, and I, after an interview, received a letter stating that my complaint had been upheld. It stated that the university fell short of it's usual standards and acknowledged that my issues and concerns could and should have been resolved speedily. That was it. They didn't advise me of the specific outcomes of the complaint. They did not acknowledge the medical evidence from my GP regarding the stress and upset they had caused me. Neither did they acknowledge my request for compensation if my complaint was upheld due to the needless suffering. I'm a really good student, infact, one of the best on the programme and I was so worried that this module was going to mess up my hard work that I was in a real state. My GP had to give me medication for sickness, hair loss and to control panic attacks throughout this time, due to the additional stress of this complaint.

I followed the appeals procedure and asked that all of the points that I raised in my original complaint be addressed. I also asked again that I be compensated for my suffering. I have now received a letter stating that my appeal has not been upheld.

I believe that I can now approach the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman, or serve a court summons for small claims court. Any advice? I'm really upset about this whole mess, and the amount of money that I paid for really bad service. Also, I still don't have any real answers!

Thanks

what does the principle ship or whatever say about all this?

or the student union?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...