Who is Alex Jones?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

IHi all.

I have Robinson Way chasing me for some reason. I don't know what it's about. I answered the phone the other day and a chap asked me to answer security questions. Of course I declined and asked him who he was. He said he was from Robinson Way and that I had been ignoring their letters:???: I said that I haven't received any and that they were only to contact me by post. He got rather shirty and said "Ok you can have one more letter and that's it!". That's what? I said and he put the phone down.

Since then I have had numerous calls from men and women who leave voice mails asking me to call Alex Jones. I thought she would be rather busy what with the One Show and all that :lol:

I still haven't had a letter from them yet though. Very curious. :?:

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

They're probably fishing by 'phoning people with the same or similar name within an area.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi Cerberusalert,

Thanks for the reply. That's quite interesting, they want me to call someone there called Alex Jones.

They're quite rude about it as well, or at least, the one chap that I spoke to was. I even tried to check whether they had the right address. He gave me the first line of the address and refused to go any further than that.

When I asked him "Wasn't that what you just asked me as a security question?" I was told that this isn't a joke, and if they want to speak to me on the phone, then I have to do it :lol:

Hmmm 16 guests eh? Now one of them has to be from Robinson Way. Hi Guys.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

I was told that this isn't a joke, and if they want to speak to me on the phone, then I have to do it
The dummies in that office must be knee deep by now the number of times they are spat out. :lol:

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:lol: It would appear from your reactions that maybe I should treat this as a bit of a joke.

There isn't really a lot else I can do, they haven't written to me (or at least not at this address) and won't tell me what it's about because I won't answer their security questions.

Still, it keeps them off of the streets I suppose

They much prefer to discuss matters on the 'phone because then they are able to say what they wouldn't dare commit to paper. Besides, the majority can barely string sentences together from the scripts they read let alone be able to create a letter other than a template.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah BB How the devil are you? Yeah I got that impression from other posts on here. But it always helps to get quality advice.

Darwin died too early, if he'd lived another 100 years he would have found his missing link. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know when RW were founded. Maybe Darwin did find them, but kept it a secret because he didn't think that humanity was ready for them :-)

If you could record their fishing calls, and let them have enough rope, you would have a recording that the OFT would be absolutely delighted to hear.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

The OFT has an interest in anyone with a consumer credit licence!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Right, I seriously need to make a complaint about this lot now. They won't stop phoning me and they haven't written to me.

Could someone please tell me the best way to go about it. Thanks.

Right, I seriously need to make a complaint about this lot now. They won't stop phoning me and they haven't written to me.

Could someone please tell me the best way to go about it. Thanks.

Get a big whistle and blow hard down the 'phone!!

I have no facilities to record these calls 42man.

Should I just answer their security questions, find out what this is supposed to be about and tell them 'only in writing'?

Or should I just keep ignoring them?

They are seriously beginning to get under my skin now. Twice today!

Make sure you write down all the dates and times they call you.....then you could combine several letters together (send recorded delivery) - these 2 links - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt and - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter you can remind them of the legal cases British Gas vs Ferguson and Harrison vs Link

Have you absolutely any idea if you are the person they want? Any debts from years and years ago that may have resurfaced?

If you are sure you are not the person, and have no such debts, and they want to go through ‘security’, they will often actually use your answers to populate their system, ie. they are not testing whether you are the person, but assuming you are are harvesting info to use. In other words, you become the target by default, whether it’s you or not – maybe give some slightly erroneous info so you know if the then use it, such as a day out on your DoB or a letter out on your postcode?

If they then write to you using the erroneous info, you know they are up to their old tricks. Combined with a phone recording, that one be one heck of an ‘admin error’ to explain away.

That's a good idea Donkey

I do have some debts that are in dispute with another DCA, and one that is statute barred. So it could be something to do with that, but until they tell me what it's about, I wouldn't know.

My biggest point here is that they won't write to me informing me of the nature of the problem, they just keep phoning.

I'm actually drafting a letter to them at the moment, I'll post it on here when it's done.

Whatever you do,DO NOT answer any security questions, or even speak to these people on the phone.

I know it's annoying to say the least, but these people are as annoying as the flies buzzing round me at the mo.

I know that you will be very curious to find out what this is all about, but be warned from someone who has suffered five years of harassment.

I made contact with a company five years ago, not knowing who they were, or what it was all about, and I finished up with DCA's all over the Country chasing me for debts which weren't mine.

I can only assume that the debts belonged to someone with the same name as myself, although I've not got to the bottom of it to this day.