2 old Nationwide accounts & various DCA's chasing them

concorde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And in the mean time whilst they are fabricating further payments to fabricated accounts, make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

The FOS via http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Inform the consumer direct that you have made no such payment which they are claiming has been made, therefore you believe they are committing an act of fraud, and as such their suitability to hold a consumer credit licence is extremely questionable.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

2Fraud by false representation(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and(b)intends, by making the representation—(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.(2)A representation is false if—(a)it is untrue or misleading, and(b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.(3)“Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—(a)the person making the representation, or(b)any other person.(4)A representation may be express or implied.(5)For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

I don't know why it does that when you copy and paste from documents it doesn't paragraph properly??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I would like some help regarding a letter I have received from MKRR the content is as follows.

Dear Mr x

I write further to your recent correspondance dated 11th May 2011 and to my letter of acknowledgement dated 16th May 2011, in regards to the outstanding balance on your account. Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate your concerns.

Our understanding of your concern:

I understand that you believe the above debt is Staute Barred, as you have not made payment or acknowledged this debt in the last six years.

Investigation:

Having liaised with Nationwide, I can verify that Nationwide have advised that a payment of £215.56 was applied to your account on 13th May 2005 and this was withdrawn on 20th May 2005.(I have no idea who applied any funds to the said account).

Nationwide have also advised that a letter was issued to you on 1st June 2005 before your account was assigned to Roxburghe. I can also confirm that a letter was sent to your by Willen Collections in May 2011,(these are the people I sent the Statute Barred letter to).

You therefore remain liable for the outstanding balance stated above as you have been contacted in regards to this account in the last 6 years and we will continue with our collection activities.

Means of Resolution:

As you are aware, your Nationwide account has been assigned to us by MKDP LLP who are now the legal owner of the outstanding balance stated above.

Should you remain unhappy with my response, you do have the right to refer your concerns to the finacial ombudsman service etc etc.

Yours sincerely

Joseph Oyedepo

This debt seems to be being passed from one DCA to another.:-x

What kind of response should I give to these people?

I may be wrong, but if you have not acknowledged the debt, then the fact other people have contacted you about it is beside the point.

Await more sage advice, but I don't think someone writing to you resets the sb clock.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Hi there

Other people writing to you does not un-bar the debt. Even if you take into account that "Activity" with money on May 2005, six clear years have passed so it is SB.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Report this to the OFT – and I would suggest you call Nationwide yourself to ask what the activity on the account was.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

hehe

little fleecers

the writing of letters does not reset the clock.

as for the in/out

in my books 6yrs from 20th may 2005 has gone by

no dice MKRR..

pers i'd ignore them now , but ofcourse report them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You have to admire their efforts, we wrote to you so it is not stat barred - laughable

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

hehe

little fleecers

the writing of letters does not reset the clock.

as for the in/out

in my books 6yrs from 20th may 2005 has gone by

no dice MKRR..

pers i'd ignore them now , but ofcourse report them.

dx

thanks for your reply DX.

Just thought I would give you an update.

Received yet another letter from them today,

ignoring this letter will only result in making this situation worse

and we strongly recommend you contact us upon receipt of this letter.

If you ignore us you will leave us no option but to continue our collections activity.

Do I still ignore them? or send them some kind of get of my case letter.

Personally I would ignore them. Sb is SB....end of.

Have you reported them to the OFT as previously advised?

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Joseph Oyedepo either has no idea what he's talking about or is trying to employ deceptive practices, either way that letter makes him out to be an idiot.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Personally I would ignore them. Sb is SB....end of.

Have you reported them to the OFT as previously advised?

ims

No I have not reported them yet,but I am going to.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I seem to be on the hit list of Horwich Farrelly/Robbers Way.

A few weeks ago I wrote to these muppets regarding an account that was statute barred.

I have today received the following reply from HF reads as follows:

Further to your recent communication dated 11th July contents of which have been noted.

Please note our client (RW) does not accept that the above account is statute barred under the limitation act.

This is the best bit-----

- The last payment made on this account was on the 10th March 2009 for the sum of £8.00.

The six year limitation period commences from the date of last payment/acknowledgement of the debt,

in this case the 10th March 2009.

I have neither made a payment or even acknowledged this debt in the time they claim.To continue,

In the circumstances,

we hope that the above has provided you with the additional clarification that is required for you

to now start making payments in relation to the debt that has accrued.

It then goes on to say that there client (RW) are prepared to offer a substantial reduction

,the offer is only valid for 14 days from the date of the letter.

We await your reply---------I bet you do.

The question is do I just ignore this letter or do I respond and ask them to prove it.

well as you've actually already started corresponding with them, I don't see anything wrong with asking them to prove it. It would be interesting to see what they think they've got on their files

The phantom payment ploy :lol:

You need to get them to send absolute proof re this payment, you don't have to prove you didn't make it

Have you checked credit file to see if there's a default logged

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

get them to prove this payment, ie how it was made, cheque. postal order, card payment - in writing

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thanks for your reply,I have nothing showing on my credit file regarding any debt or default for this debt.

As defaults fall off the account automatically after 6yrs (5 in Scotland) when no written acknowledgement OR payment is made it sounds like someone is pulling ya bits concorde :wink:

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Thank them for their written proof that they have committed fraud, and you will wait for them to provide you with the absolute proof that payment was made to this debt before taking your evidence to the local Police station and filing a complaint of their criminal offence....I do so love it when these clowns continue to bang the nails into their own coffins..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

dig hole jump in...they don't change or learn do they.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dig hole jump in...they don't change or learn do they.

dx

And carry on digging!

Joseph Oyedepo either has no idea what he's talking about or is trying to employ deceptive practices, either way that letter makes him out to be an idiot.

Yet another communication from MKRR (Joseph Oyedepo)

I am now getting rather p******ed of with this company.

The full contents of letter below.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx,

I write further to your recent correspondence in regards to the outstanding balance on your account.

Please accept this letter as a final response to your concern.

I understand you still believe the above debt is Statute Barred and you are of view that our communications are harassment.

As advised in my previous correspondance dated 17th June 2011,

Nationwide have advised that a payment of £215.56 was applied to your account on 13th May 2005

and this was withdrawn on 20th May 2005.

Nationwide have also advised that a letter was issued to you on 1st June 2005

before your account was assigned to Roxburghe.

I can also confirm that a letter was sent to you by Willen Collections on 20th May 2011.

You therefore remain liable for the outstanding balance stated above as

you have been contacted in regards to this account in the last 6 years and we will continue with our collection activities.

Further to this,

we do not consider our communication as harassment as we are within our rights to pursue customer

for any outstanding debt should they fail to enter into any sort of dialogue

in order to achieve a positive solution with us.

Should you remain unhappy with my response,

you do have the right to refer your concern to the Finacial Ombudsman Service etc,etc.

I have already reported this company to the OFT via email who duly replied stating that they would look into my complaint.

Should I respond further to these people?

Hi

You've told them once.

Do one last letter to them...very strong

Along the lines of

You seem to persist in your view that this alledged debt is not Stat Barred. I would advise you that I have reported your outfit to (Everyone).

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed and I will not be entering into any further dialogue with you. Should I receive any further comunication from you I shall be issuing in court against you and your organisation.

(Don't tell them what you will be issuing for)

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Obviously he's not aware that it is now July 2011., so it's SB by at least 2 months even if that payment was made.

You therefore remain liable for the outstanding balance stated above as you have been contacted in regards to this account in the last 6 years and we will continue with our collection activities.
meaningless drivel, you would have needed to make a written admission not them contacting you.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Obviously he's not aware that it is now July 2011., so it's SB by at least 2 months even if that payment was made.

meaningless drivel, you would have needed to make a written admission not them contacting you.

Sounds to me like Mr Oyedepo is a paid up and practicing buffoon!

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions