Lloyds ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ive just joined after reading the forum with interest. I have been contacted by a company if ive had a loan/card and been paying ppi and if so i may have been missold.

I told them I would get back to them, but Im not sure if i have been missolad. I knew I took the ppi out, but didnt realise that it was a single payment and that it included interest on top of my loan. Didnt realise that it wouldnt pay out if I got paid whilst on sick I am employed but I get paid 6 months and months half pay if off sick (plus ssp would top my wage up in the latter 6 months), NHS have a good redundancy package so I wouldnt get my laon paid because I would receive redundancy. Also they didnt ask about my medical history - last loan I took out I had gallstones and they never said it would stop me from being covered (it did my holiday insurance lol) for this cos they never asked and also I have had depression/stress in the past and this was never asked.

Because of the above do you think it would be worthwhile trying to get the ppi back. Also they never mentioned that I could get it somewhere else and pay monthly. They just put it with the loan.

Thanks for any advice.

Just been on the NHS 24 site (re benefits for NHS Staff) and it says there that if I have had a loan with PPI I should reclaim because I should never have been sold te ppi as NHS covers what the ppi does - so duplicating cover and that the salesperson should have been aware of that and so should advised me not to take out instead of encouraging strongly to take it incase of sickness.

Do you think it would be worthwhile going for it. Plus when I refinanced my loan I was off sick at the time with stress and nothing was said about the sickness rules i.e.not being able to claim

Any advice would be gratefuly received.

Thanks

Hi help45,

In my view, insurers are under an obligation to ensure that the policy they are selling is appropriate to that customer and clearly, in your situation, if you were already covered, they have not fulfilled this requirement.

If you do 'go for it' it may be worthwhile getting a copy of the article on NHS 24, and including this with your claim.

I'm not an expert on these matters so hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and give advice.

Regards,

Bosun.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

thanks Bosun for your reply.

I have printed out a couple of articles re public sector staff not requiring ppi so will enclose them. However, Im thinking it might be pushing it a bit. what does anybody else think.

thanks

Hi,

If you were miss-sold PPI, then you were miss-sold PPI and you have every right to re-claim.

Some people on here have refunds quite easily, some not so easy, but the bottom line is that they were miss-sold and were legally due a refund.

Hope that makes sense, just got up...

Regards,

Bosun.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

Anyone selling you a policy should be take account of your existing provisions when giving advice.

If they failed to ask you what existing policies you had or what benefits you received from your employer in the event of accident and sickness, then they have not obtain sufficient information on which to give you advice.

Sounds like you do have a case for them to answer.

Hi help45

If you do receive any rejection letters just make sure you keep them and don't get despondent. If you were miss-sold, the info and support on how to reclaim is on this site.

Been there, done that, pecker up...

Bosun.:)

basically, I think I feel quite guilty about requesting my ppi back cos I did tick yes, but ive been googling and the majority of sites say that if you were working for the nhs/armed forces etc you shouldnt have been offered ppi. Or inormed that you could take it out elsewhere and pay monthly.

Unfortunately, one of my loans via TSB was arranged by a neighour and she knew I worked for NHS so really she should have said not to take it - but when you need the money you sign anything, but dont want to get her into trouble.

As to HFC no qualms about requesting that - remember being in the office for over 2 hours, and came out with not only a loan but accident insurance which I was pressured into buying and £400 off the amount of loan I was getting. Such a pushover I am cant say no, they also knew I worked at NHS and never asked if I had any medical problems which I have had, depression and been hospitilised in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

dont believe it. After being undecided whether or not to send of for my ppi I finally gave it ago. HFC paid up straight away. Lloyds have up held one loan but heard nothing about the second loan which had the same reasons as the first for a mis sale. Just rang them and they have admitted to not reading my letter properly and just dealt with the first one. So hopefully, they might look into my favour (fingers crossed) and pay me for the second loan

Never thought about it, I just assumed that they would have to do it correctly by law (naive of me). Will dou ble check them now.

Just cant understand why they agree with one and not the other.

Michelle

Hi

Just a bit of advice please on what to do next.

Applied to Lloyds for 2 loans ppi refund, they have upheld one loan but rejected the 2nd loan. However, the reasons I cited for the mis sale were the same for both so i cant understand why this has happend. The only difference was that I was off sick when I took the first loan out - but that sickness (depression) would have had a knock on effect with pre existing medical condition with second loan.

So what should I do.

the second is with dorothy perkins store card. Sent me a copy agreement showing ppi ticked. I did not fill out the form, just signed it in the store. Salesperson more concerned telling me I get 10% of my first purchase and how to pay the card but nothing about the pppi and if I really needed it. I work for NHS so covered for sickness/redundancy and had pre existing medical conditions.

So any suggestion what i do about this now

Thanks for any help

I would say that of the two Lloyds loans , they should be treated as 2 seperate cases in the event of dispute , although if Lloyds were aware of the pre-existing when you took out the second loan they could say that they sold you a policy that suited your situation at the time.

As for the dorothy perkins card i would say you probably have a case to take to the FOS but be aware they have a huge backlog and this will take time but could be worth it.

Good luck

GDC.

Hi

Just a bit of advice please on what to do next.

Applied to Lloyds for 2 loans ppi refund, they have upheld one loan but rejected the 2nd loan. However, the reasons I cited for the mis sale were the same for both so i cant understand why this has happend. The only difference was that I was off sick when I took the first loan out - but that sickness (depression) would have had a knock on effect with pre existing medical condition with second loan.

So what should I do.

the second is with dorothy perkins store card. Sent me a copy agreement showing ppi ticked. I did not fill out the form, just signed it in the store. Salesperson more concerned telling me I get 10% of my first purchase and how to pay the card but nothing about the pppi and if I really needed it. I work for NHS so covered for sickness/redundancy and had pre existing medical conditions.

So any suggestion what i do about this now

Thanks for any help

hi, on the loan that has been upheld by lloyds have they included the 8% stat intrest? the second if it is indeed thier final response then go to the fos, it will cost the piarates at lloyds least £ 500:D for the fos to look into this. however this will take time as the fos are indeed snowed under with mis-sold ppi complaints. dont take no for an answer .lol;)

Edited by rhos123

• 2 months later...

HI

Can anybody tell me Lloyds/TSB reasoning for accepting or rejection ppi claims. I have recently put in 2 claims for ppi on my loans and 2 claims for ppi on my credit cards with Lloyds.

Within 2 weeks they agreed to pay me back ppi on my loans but have just (after 9 weeks) rejected the sale of ppi on my credit cards. The reason I gave on my credit cards for misselling were the same as the reasons for the loans which they have upheld.

Surely, if they have agreed it was missold for the loans the same reasons should have been upheld on my cards (which I signed for the same time I took my loan out with them).

Any suggestions what I do next.

Thanks very much

Help45.

HI

Can anybody tell me Lloyds/TSB reasoning for accepting or rejection ppi claims. I have recently put in 2 claims for ppi on my loans and 2 claims for ppi on my credit cards with Lloyds.

Within 2 weeks they agreed to pay me back ppi on my loans but have just (after 9 weeks) rejected the sale of ppi on my credit cards. The reason I gave on my credit cards for misselling were the same as the reasons for the loans which they have upheld.

Surely, if they have agreed it was missold for the loans the same reasons should have been upheld on my cards (which I signed for the same time I took my loan out with them).

Any suggestions what I do next.

Thanks very much

Help45.

Hi

Well done on the loan ppi reclaiming.

I realise by mine and lots of others, that our loan ppi have been more successful than that of reclaiming on credit card ppi.

I would write back and tell them you don't believe your complaint was investigated properly, as you have recently been successful in reclaiming from loan PPI for the same reasons.

Then tell them the FSA are punishing banks for not investigating complaints properly and you believe yours is one of them.

Ask them to re-look (even if its the final response), tell them your giving them the opportunity to avoid further charges to themselves, if you complain to the FOS, and tell them if you decide to complain to the FOS, you will be requesting for further redress as well for distress and inconvenience, and ask that they write to you by 7 days of your letter, so you can then decide on the FOS.

You could do this as well by emailing them here and ask them to confirm your email have been received (remember as well, they will require the complaint ref numbers).

Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk

They do normally get back by the same day, or by the following day.

If they originally tried fobbing you off, with something like:

You would still have been protected for hospitalisation/job solutions/life cover, then add that the policy is worthless to you anyway and you don't believe you should be paying out on something that does not FULLY cover you.

(I don't know what reasons you gave, but they do mostly mention this on their decision letters).

Good luck please keep us posted.;)

• Haha 1

Hi

thanks for your reply. These were the final response so I suppose I should now turn to the fos. Do they uphold a lot of claims.

The reasons I claimed for both my loans and credit cards were that I was advised that it would be beneficial for me the first time I ever took out a loan with Lloyds so everytime I applied for something I still took their advice. However, I worked and still do for the NHS so was covered with good sick pay/redundancy and life insurance so I didnt need their insurance. The salesperson knew where I worked but never discussed what I had in place. (i am not now or never been in a position where I could afford to pay for something that i DIDNT NEED)

I also had preexisting medical condition - depression/stress since 1988, so wouldnt be able to claim on this.

Was never informed that I could get this product elsewhere, probably cheaper, if I needed it. and as said above the loan department have paid me back but the credit card department have flatley said no.

Do you think its worthwhile contacting FOS. Just cant understand why one department said yes and the other no.

Help 45

Hi

thanks for your reply. These were the final response so I suppose I should now turn to the fos. Do they uphold a lot of claims.

The reasons I claimed for both my loans and credit cards were that I was advised that it would be beneficial for me the first time I ever took out a loan with Lloyds so everytime I applied for something I still took their advice. However, I worked and still do for the NHS so was covered with good sick pay/redundancy and life insurance so I didnt need their insurance. The salesperson knew where I worked but never discussed what I had in place. (i am not now or never been in a position where I could afford to pay for something that i DIDNT NEED)

I also had preexisting medical condition - depression/stress since 1988, so wouldnt be able to claim on this.

Was never informed that I could get this product elsewhere, probably cheaper, if I needed it. and as said above the loan department have paid me back but the credit card department have flatley said no.

Do you think its worthwhile contacting FOS. Just cant understand why one department said yes and the other no.

Help 45

Hi

Your welcome.

LLoyds TSB are also known to even change a final decision.

However its up to you, if you want to take them to the FOS now, they will I'm sure uphold in your favour and defo with your reasons.

I don't think Lloyds investigated your complaint properly and sent out their standard fob off responses.

Some have wrote back by giving them a few days (7 days for example) request for them to re-look and have mentioned about the FSA (As I posted in my above Post) and within days they have got back and upheld.

So its up to you.;)

It may take some time with the FOS, but will be worth it I'm sure.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the ceo of Lloyds Mr Daniels about 2 weeks ago stating that I feel that he should check out exactly what is happenning in the loan and credit card dept. To my suprise (or not) no response. so i will be going to the FOS and hope they agree.

I emailed the ceo of Lloyds Mr Daniels about 2 weeks ago stating that I feel that he should check out exactly what is happenning in the loan and credit card dept. To my suprise (or not) no response. so i will be going to the FOS and hope they agree.

Hi help45:)

The FOS is most likely to uphold your complaint - Lloyds are one of the worst offenders in the mis-sold PPI stakes..........around 98% of complaints against them are upheld I believe. It just takes a while unfortunately, but with a bit of patience and perseverence you'll get the result you deserve!

I also contacted Eric Daniels btw and whilst I did eventually get a reply, it was from another department entirely - collections if I'm not mistaken :confused:

Good Luck and keep us posted as to how you get on,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• 6 months later...

At the beginning of last year I put a claim in for ppi on a loan and credit card I had with Lloyds. I received the money back from the loan with no problem but with the credit card rejected the claim. (Even though I took it out the same time I took out the loan and just got told to sign for ppi). So off to the FOS I went.

Now receivd a letter stating that they are upholding my claim and have written to Lloyds to tell them to pay but Lloyds have not replied. My question is as the credit card was taken out in 2001 do you think its worth taking it now to the ombudsman or with the judicial review coming up to forget about it.

Any suggestion would be helpful thans

Lloyds do sometimes delay payment even when told to pay out by FOS - they claim being overworked. they wouldn't be so overworked if they dealt with complaints properly in the first place

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga