Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys

Just wondering if any of you guys knew anything about Mantra and learndirect / job gym

I was sent to this place by my jsa advisor to do a warehouse course a few month back

I went to the induction and managed to get myself on the ecdl course

But I was told before I can do this I have to do there cv spec letter prep for work course blah blah

as it happens they don't do this course at my local centre so I had to travel a 30 min train ride and do a 20 min walk to get there..

Anyway I go and complete the course same **** we know and love nothing new to see here

So on the last day they bring in there career advisors

so I listened to the speech from one of them

apparently they are not funded by the job centre in anyway and mantra pay for all the training provided so obviously they want to see how there investment is going and will be phoning our private numbers every 2 weeks

to see how were getting on

apparently they don't report back to the jc if you don't respond to the calls

But he tried to scare us by saying that if we fail to answer or respond to the calls the jc could check with them at any time and bring into dispute about you not answering leading to a sanction

Thing is though I wasn't mandated to go on this course and went off my own free will to try and get eng + maths but ended up on ecdl and the cv spec bs course

I just thought the guys speech was bs and scaremongering

my last placement at standguide got told to f off down the phone and to stop ringing the number as I was on esa at the time nothing negative happened but maybe I was just lucky that time

These guys don't seem to bad tbh

but I just didn't like the answer your phone to us or risk sanction part

they offer post employment training where they come into your work 4 weeks after you hold the job and say it relates to that

sounds like they have some money to claim from the government to me

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They'll be getting some sort of funding or esle they wouldn't be offering the courses. I did a course with Learning Links last year and they were funded from the European Social Fund. I was with Ingeus WP and they sent me on the course, for which they would have also received a payment.

Learndirect are probably just warning you that they can be checked up on to make sure they're doing their job, so make sure you do your bit then it keeps everyone happy. I had the same speech but it wasn't meant as a threat, it was to help us avoid any possible JC problems. The people at my course were extremely decent (for once!) and didn't want anyone to get in bother.

apparently they are not funded by the job centre in anyway and mantra pay for all the training provided so obviously they want to see how there investment is going and will be phoning our private numbers every 2 weeks

to see how were getting on

They have probably tapped in to ESF funding, in which case, any paperwork should have an ESF logo somewhere.

As for ringing the participants every two weeks - That is just one more reason I do not give out my phone number. If you want to communicate with me, do so in writing. If it is good enough quality paper, I have the option to use it to line the kitty litter tray.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

my mate was signing on think it was Thursday and the woman was looking through his job search and she turned around and was like u called think it was lidi he put down and she was like is it ok if we contact them to see about this and he said no and she was like why u got something to hide he was like its none of your business plus data protection and social security wont mind chatting to u if u think about it and she was like sign here and see u in 2 weeks.

Our JCP doesn't check your job search while you are there, you just hand it in and it gets checked later on.

Our JCP doesn't check your job search while you are there, you just hand it in and it gets checked later on.

not here u dont u get an advisor and u get in and wait and u get shouted over to come sign on and the advisor asks for some your details then looks at your job search and ask u few things then u sign a paper and thats u for another 2 weeks

not here u dont u get an advisor and u get in and wait and u get shouted over to come sign on and the advisor asks for some your details then looks at your job search and ask u few things then u sign a paper and thats u for another 2 weeks

It used to be like that here but not anymore, apart from any paid or unpaid work no questions asked. your job search gets looked at later on in the day, and if you've not filled it in properly you get a phone call to tell you so. and you dont get any money that fortnight.

Not sure if anyone has heard about this sign on everyday or take 6months voluntary work or go on a training course , how can u sign on all these people everyday and how would your job seeker agreement work out like I have to do 3jobs 1 phone call look in the papers and online but surely u can't do all them everyday!

It used to be like that here but not anymore, apart from any paid or unpaid work no questions asked. your job search gets looked at later on in the day, and if you've not filled it in properly you get a phone call to tell you so. and you dont get any money that fortnight.

Yeh u live in England? As here in scotland u have to see an advisor to sign on

I vote to sign on everyday.

The system will soon bend and break under the strain of hundreds of jobseekers signing at my local joke centre every day.

Waste my time and I will waste yours lol :-)

I vote to sign on everyday.

The system will soon bend and break under the strain of hundreds of jobseekers signing at my local joke centre every day.

Waste my time and I will waste yours lol :-)

People are saying u will have to start signing on tomorrow I don't think so as there has been no letter or anything about this it's a suggestions and no doubt if they go through with it will be withing 6months correct? And ye a bet the DWP etc will strike quiet a lot when they put this in place lol!

Part of the reason I found 2 voluntary roles myself was because I saw this coming. This way I am doing what I WANT TO DO and cannot be forced into pointless unpaid slave labour. A cynical person would say this was devised to p**s people off so much they sign off voluntarily. The whole system stinks and all jobseeker are being treated the same when in reality some want to work and some are content with playing the system

I don't get this 6 month forced community work thing that comes in today. Can anyone explain please? I thought there was a legal minimum wage in UK. And as I'm getting £70 JSA a week, if they have me working cleaning park benches for anything more than say 14 hours a week then it'll be LESS than minimum wage. But if they are saying it is forced 'Volunteering' then what is the difference between doing this and receiving a Community Service order from a court in lieu of imprisonment for a crime committed?

No difference at all. I also take umbrage to the not being allowed on holiday (outside the UK) when on JSA - I thought we had an open boarder where we could seek work in any EU country? Surely this is against our rights to enforce this? I think I will go on holiday to Spain in the summer and 'look for work' while there and get a few bar/restaurant owners to sign a bit of paper to say I had asked about work - after all there are no opportunities in this ONCE fine country that treats its citezens like ****

No difference at all. I also take umbrage to the not being allowed on holiday (outside the UK) when on JSA - I thought we had an open boarder where we could seek work in any EU country? Surely this is against our rights to enforce this? I think I will go on holiday to Spain in the summer and 'look for work' while there and get a few bar/restaurant owners to sign a bit of paper to say I had asked about work - after all there are no opportunities in this ONCE fine country that treats its citezens like ****

I guess if u are on the WP u do not need to sign on everyday?

I have no idea how these morons work to be fair!

I got this from the bbc "The rules will apply to anyone who has not found a job after two years on the existing Work Programme scheme." So I guess the answer is no U don't sign on everyday for help to work thing when your on the WP?

cant see this daily JC visits thing working myself as i don't think many JC staff work on a Sunday or a bank-holiday and plus it will cost them millions in travel fairs for example IF 200,000 people visit the JC daily with an average of £5 travel fair per day that will cost the tax payer ( we all pay taxes no-mater if we work or not) 1 Million pounds a day

Once again it's a style over substance idea from the Tory's in advance of elections. The general mood in the country seems to be 'I have to get out of bed at stupid-o-clock and go to a job I hate, therefore anyone who doesn't needs to be punished'. It's a race to the bottom, appealing to the lowest common denominator populism. What's most frightening is that it seems to be a vote winner with the majority, who've never had to dance through the 'set up to fail' minefield of the benefits system these days. Makes me really sad and angry in equal measure, but it's a pointless emotion because there's nothing I can do about it - except get a job and flip 'em the bird. But I guess that's what they want in the first place?

I also take umbrage to the not being allowed on holiday (outside the UK) when on JSA

Of course you can take a holiday outside the UK - You just need to close your claim on the day you leave and make a rapid reclaim on your return.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

That is what I take umbrage about - why should I/we close a claim when overseas? I am looking for work aren't I? I am in an EU country. Obviously I am not sittingby the pool sipping a cold beer looking at scantily clad ladies!

That's good, because I wouldn't do it anyway!

Ye I couldn't see how signing on daily and been on a WP would work as u have to be in the job centre 30-35hours under this help to work thing waste of time I say the job won't cope with this pressure

Long u got left on your WP?