Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had an email from my INGEUS adviser:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances I cannot make our 14.00 meeting tomorrow. Can you please come in at 12.30 instead as I need to leave the office at 14.00"

Luckily this is OK for me but when I replied she replied back and said that we need to go through some of my applications. I think this is my first sign of being checked on - luckily I keep everything on a diary and keep all emails and correspondence so I am OK.

So, look forward to questions such as:

"Why did you apply for this job?"

The joys of seeing your adviser at the WP!

You could argue that if they need to rearrange a new mandatory appointment, then using email to inform you is not allowed; all such appointments have to be in writing. New appointment time? New letter please! (and giving you a couple of days time to arrive by post too).

..of course for the quiet life you can simply just go along as asked and tell them off about it:)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I did think about the rules and laws regarding this and could have kicked up a fuss but luckily I can make it and earlier is beneficial to me as well but will REMIND her tomorrow that it should be in writing in future. Have kept the email as proof as well in case of anything.

Just had an email from my INGEUS adviser:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances I cannot make our 14.00 meeting tomorrow. Can you please come in at 12.30 instead as I need to leave the office at 14.00"

Luckily this is OK for me but when I replied she replied back and said that we need to go through some of my applications. I think this is my first sign of being checked on - luckily I keep everything on a diary and keep all emails and correspondence so I am OK.

So, look forward to questions such as:

"Why did you apply for this job?"

The joys of seeing your adviser at the WP!

What would of happened if you hadn't of read the email till after the appointment?

My advisor (have the joy of seeing him today) never asks for any applications proof, its normally a few min natter and 2 questions at the end about jobs lol

Slightly off tangent but none the less to do with INGEUS (sort of)

I applied for a job I liked the sound of this morning and spent an hour reading through the job description and person specification then another 2.5 hours tailoring my CV and covering letter, then another 30 minutes proofing the letter and email so all in all around 4 hours.

I sent the email off and in the space of an hour I had a reply from REED (that is where the vacancy was advertised) which read ...

"Dear XXXX Thank you for your application for the role of XXXX. I am sorry to inform you that on this occassion you have not been successful"

Erm, so in an hour you have dismissed my application I spent 4 hours on? So basically it was a job that had to be advertised legally although was pillar boxed for someone in the first place (internally) or simply did not exist! If you were going to reply why do it so soon after an applicant has sent an application off.

I have emailed her back and asked for an explanation, quel surprise, no reply so I emailed my INGEUS adviser with the trail of emails and she simply said "it happens" Yeah, useful, thanks!

This happens to me all the time, where i get a thanks but no thanks with 10 mins of applying. its very annoying!

The JCP or WP cannot contact the company you applied to unless they mandated you to apply for it as it is against data protection

Is it thanks! They never give me jobs when sign on I apply for jobs on my own, just wasn't sure if they could because it was a phone call not a job

Put it this way, if I applied for a job and INGEUS called or emailed them asking for details on my application I would come down on them like a tonne of bricks. If an organisation divulges this information to the WP then I would also report the organisation!

Al keep that in mind I certainly wouldn't be happy if they did ask on info and if they replied to it and told them, can u explain why when I signed on earlier the adviser seen all my jobs on UJM but she was writing all the things down a piece of paper

Have you given DWP/JCP/WP access to your UJM account? If so UNTICK the box so they cannot see it. If they want proof of what you have looked at or applied for then offer to print a copy of your log out. You do not have to let them have access. I have been unemployed for 1 year and 2 months now and only used UJM in the first 2-3 weeks then saw it was a pile of steaming dog turd and never used it since and never been asked to either

Good for you! A lot of people don't realise they can have more control over their jobsearch and claim if they'd only read the rules - most simply accept what the JC say all the time and that's a recipe for trouble.

Another handy thing you may or may not know is that under Section 3 of the Social Security Act 1998, the DWP are only allowed to contact employers for feedback if the vacancy was a notified one, ie the advisor found it for you and mandated you to apply. If you found the vacancy yourself then they need your permission to contact the employer - which you naturally never give. I had an advisor say 'Glad you've listed your applications as we may contact them to check' whereupon I said '..and you'll be immediately reported for violation of the Social Security Act as none of them are notified vacancies' That shut her up rather quickly :)

Their own guidance also confirms this, extract here;

'Decision Making & Appeals (DMA): Gaining Customer Feedback from Employers

Feedback from an employer can only be requested where an advisor has matched a Jobseekers Allowance customer to a vacancy. There is no need to obtain the customers permission as this is covered by Section 3 of the Social Security Act 1998.'

Now that I didnt know so thank you for letting me know. I shall remember it if the dragon ever tries that one.

Im currently on my mwa at a charity shop with 6 other people and no work. Yes im getting great work experience standing around discussing the weather.

can u find a link to the data protection saying the company cannot be contacted thanks

See the response to this Freedom of Information Act request, specifically the guidance notes supplied by JCP. It contains the precise wording posted by Jastal1 above.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

See when u sign on and are doing your job search on UJM why do the JCP adviser write down things? That happened to me today with this new sign on JCP adviser as no other adviser has done this since a have signed on

Probably just taking a few notes, such as the jobs you've applied for. I'm pretty sure most advisors haven't a clue how to use UJ themselves - some I've spoken to haven't even seen it properly!

Next time ask the advisor to show you what they're writing about you - you're entitled to see it. I've done this a few times. If they ever object mention that you'll raise a Subject Access Request (SAR) with the DWP whereby they'll have to show you details of everything they have on their system about you by law.

Just back from my 12.30 INGEUS appointment. Was out the door in 12 minutes ... again didn't ask for any proof of applications just referred to my diary.

"See you on 17th, goodbye"

Suits me - total waste of time attending.

Probably just taking a few notes, such as the jobs you've applied for. I'm pretty sure most advisors haven't a clue how to use UJ themselves - some I've spoken to haven't even seen it properly!

Next time ask the advisor to show you what they're writing about you - you're entitled to see it. I've done this a few times. If they ever object mention that you'll raise a Subject Access Request (SAR) with the DWP whereby they'll have to show you details of everything they have on their system about you by law.

will keep this in mind i would love to know what they write about u.

yeh probz taking a few notes dont see why they have to write it down u would think they could easily put the things u have done down on to there system as they want u to do your job search online and not on the books anymore.

Just back from my 12.30 INGEUS appointment. Was out the door in 12 minutes ... again didn't ask for any proof of applications just referred to my diary.

sounds like u were in there long... NOT lol

i have my appointment for the first time in over a month with my adviser next week as she has been off and shes got me in to see her for an hour yep an hour what could she say for that long?

wants to put an action plan in to job search yet when i met her she had all ready put one in and she wants to check my activity levels i have done plenty as the job centre have sayed but am sure my adviser will have something bad to say as ingeus love to make u feel great ha

Ah, but just imagine what the advisor may be writing after these pointless visits..

'Met with Mr XXX for an hour (!) and discussed ways to widen his job-searching, gave him advice on suitable courses to improve his employability, helped him to amend his CV and cover letter, reviewed his progress, blah, blah, blah...'

'Wonderful!' say the DWP auditors upon seeing this 'Those WP chappies are doing a grand job!'