Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was wondering the same thing??

see my previous post. I just told them "NO!,,,, If you want to communicate with me then write". Interesting a subsequent successful SAR to the DWP (but including their data user, A4evil) revealed that A4e had been back to the JCP with a specific request for my phone number(s). The JCP were unable to supply these as they didn't have any numbers for me.

Thus I went through 2 years Work Pogrom without one phone call or e-mail from any of my numerous "advisers"

see my previous post. I just told them "NO!,,,, If you want to communicate with me then write". Interesting a subsequent successful SAR to the DWP (but including their data user, A4evil) revealed that A4e had been back to the JCP with a specific request for my phone number(s). The JCP were unable to supply these as they didn't have any numbers for me.

Thus I went through 2 years Work Pogrom without one phone call or e-mail from any of my numerous "advisers"

Told them the same thing, but then got told i had to give them my number and email address, they dont have my mobile number just landline

Nothing gets you out on A4e or Ingeus unless you get a FULL TIME job, voluntary work excuses you from nothing....

Tell your friend good luck with A4e they were absolutely rubbish when i used to go there :-x

Rubbish for me too

They sent me on forced labour and abandoned me there and them they believed dunelm's managers stories about me, I avoided the place due to moving with no sanctions

Edited by honeybee13

I had hassle from Prospects (who were the secondary provider in my area) because I had one afternoon a week voluntary work - which I got through my own contacts.

They were not pleased with that as they thought I ought to go on a couple of courses to fill in 'gaps' in my CV. Luckily for me I had a friend who needed an additional person to keep an NVQ Level 2 course in Customer Services (one of their 'identifiable gaps' in my administration based CV) and again I avoided them getting me on one of their useless courses.

As for their CV skills course, it isn't worth the time and effort if you already have had your CV re-written by the JCP lot 6 times... the CV I rewrote after a period of short term work has been far more successful - two interviews already, one is this afternoon. The other job was a 2 hour trip to get there, and whilst it was good money it really would have made me do a 14 hour day including the travelling.

I just told them "NO!,,,, If you want to communicate with me then write".

"Assuming of course, that you can write a coherent letter. If you do not understand the word coherent, please feel free to consult a dictionary."

Told them the same thing, but then got told i had to give them my number and email address

I would be asking what enabling legislation requires me to provide personal information. A "because we say so" would be countered with the Data Protection Act, ECHR article 8, or a wet kipper.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

"Assuming of course, that you can write a coherent letter. If you do not understand the word coherent, please feel free to consult a dictionary."

I would be asking what enabling legislation requires me to provide personal information. A "because we say so" would be countered with the Data Protection Act, ECHR article 8, or a wet kipper.

A waste of a wet kipper

It's more useful then an Ingeus staff muppet

A waste of a wet kipper

It's more useful then an Ingeus staff muppet

Muppets? Cue music, cue Advisors...

'It's time to start the Programme

It's time to cause some fear

It's time to make some money

From the poor sods being sent here

It's time to re-write CVs

And raise a sanction doubt

It's time to claim our bonus

While actually doing nowt

To make some money from you, that's what we're here to do

It really makes us happy, to find a course for you...'

::Golf clap::

Well played :-D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Need a Benny Hill type vid like at the end of the show where they all run after Benny aimlessly whilst achieving nothing of use

Rubbish for me too

They sent me on forced labour and abandoned me there and them they believed dunelm's managers stories about me, I avoided the place due to moving with no sanctions

Sounds about right for A4e.

Their work boost thing as they call it is a waste of time, they sent a friend of mine to work in a charity shop 5 days a week for 4 weeks.

3 days of the week was spent upstairs ironing clothes, the other 2 days was spent putting charity bags through peoples letterboxes....How is that training???

I was lucky enough to miss a work boost lol

Sounds about right for A4e.

Their work boost thing as they call it is a waste of time, they sent a friend of mine to work in a charity shop 5 days a week for 4 weeks.

3 days of the week was spent upstairs ironing clothes, the other 2 days was spent putting charity bags through peoples letterboxes....How is that training???

I was lucky enough to miss a work boost lol

When I was there it seemed to be a choice between dunelm's or a charity shop and is rather be in the charity after experiencing dunelm's

Most if the paid staff seem to hate it, most were teens and p/t plus the manager was a b@@@ch

I was threatened with a sanction if didn't provide.

That sounds about right - Raise concerns as to their rights to personal data and decline to provide the information, get threatened with a sanction. I would have probably called their bluff and followed it up with a series of formal complaints. Most wouldn't want to risk a possible sanction so would cave in.

I was threatened with a sanction if didn't provide.

If you haven't signed the data protection waiver the CV is useless to them because they can't send it on to any employer. So the only reason they could reasonably ask to see it is to make sure it is a good enough CV to get you an interview. All you have to show them is a CV fully redacted of all personal information (contact details, employer details etc.) and they can look at it but don't let them keep or copy it.

If you haven't signed the data protection waiver the CV is useless to them because they can't send it on to any employer. So the only reason they could reasonably ask to see it is to make sure it is a good enough CV to get you an interview. All you have to show them is a CV fully redacted of all personal information (contact details, employer details etc.) and they can look at it but don't let them keep or copy it.

If candidates wish to seek advice over a CV, then I suggest that they arrange a meeting with a Professional Careers Advisor - unfortunately, the personal subjective opinion of any Welfare To Work Clerk as to whether (in their opinion) a CV is "good enough CV to get you an interview" is irrelevant.

That sounds about right - Raise concerns as to their rights to personal data and decline to provide the information, get threatened with a sanction. I would have probably called their bluff and followed it up with a series of formal complaints. Most wouldn't want to risk a possible sanction so would cave in.

I am not into getting sanctioned, at the end of the day i cant afford too...

After all i struggle on what little i get as it is, as for complaining i find it never works. its totally pointless!!!

When I was there it seemed to be a choice between dunelm's or a charity shop and is rather be in the charity after experiencing dunelm's

Most if the paid staff seem to hate it, most were teens and p/t plus the manager was a b@@@ch

We dont have a dunelm here thank goodness, i was never put on a work boost thing...I did get offered 4 weeks at boots for the whole of december, but i refused saying i am not being their christmas slave labour staff. funnily enough my advisor was ok with that...

He told me he'd sort me somewhere out after christmas, i got told this every month i was at A4e. no work boosts for you this month, but we will defo sort you one out for next.

I was there 12 months and it never happened, i wasn't at all bothered as i dont believe in them. its just an excuse for an employer to get free labour..

We dont have a dunelm here thank goodness, i was never put on a work boost thing...I did get offered 4 weeks at boots for the whole of december, but i refused saying i am not being their christmas slave labour staff. funnily enough my advisor was ok with that...

He told me he'd sort me somewhere out after christmas, i got told this every month i was at A4e. no work boosts for you this month, but we will defo sort you one out for next.

I was there 12 months and it never happened, i wasn't at all bothered as i dont believe in them. its just an excuse for an employer to get free labour..

Yeah

Dunelm's here got free labour and loads of it

All these forced labour things never seem to be much use and I am stuck with another soon

Papworth was obsessed with getting me to do it and they even tried to get me to arrange it, I didn't as it's their job and if rather get the essential bit if experiencing work eg the wage

I am not into getting sanctioned, at the end of the day i cant afford too...

Quite understand. Much of the time, these bullies know they have power over you and use it as a stick.

I did get offered 4 weeks at boots for the whole of december, but i refused saying i am not being their christmas slave labour staff.

Quite right too. If a retailer wants staff to cover the christmas period, it is only right that they should pay for it.

I have received a letter saying that I am finishing the Work Programme as I have been on it for two years. (I have found it, at times, helpful -- I have had interviews and some fleeting part time work)

They have asked if I want the "Exit Report". Do I? I'm not sure I care to read it. Should I call them to get a copy?

I have received a letter saying that I am finishing the Work Programme as I have been on it for two years. (I have found it, at times, helpful -- I have had interviews and some fleeting part time work)

They have asked if I want the "Exit Report". Do I? I'm not sure I care to read it. Should I call them to get a copy?

It's better if you want to see their comments or see what the jobcentre sees but most jobcentre a apparently disregard it ordibd it laughable

My local one disregarded it and I got stuck on a fortnightly course where the feedback was also kinda non-helpful

Yes, you should definitely get your copy - if only to check that they're not claiming for things they didn't do. Hopefully it will probably say the standard line like 'client is work ready' and just recommend continuing your job search as usual. If they've put something inaccurate like 'needs further experience/courses/help with literacy' etc then you can challenge it - the Jobcentre will act upon whatever is written so don't leave yourself open.

As Chester has said, the Jobcentres aren't particularly thrilled with the way Ingeus are doing their Exit Reports (ie they don't tell them anything). My opinion is that Ingeus know they're not doing much for anyone so are deliberately keeping the reports bland and non-commital.

Congratulations on securing, through your own efforts, job interviews and part time work offered. How many face to face interviews were arranged as a direct consequence of any effort on the part of Welfare To Work Staff within the Work Programme? Had they made any effort... even the effort to pick up a telephone and speak to an employer on your behalf?

There is little point in approaching a Welfare To Work Clerk for a copy of any documentation, such as a copy of any Exit Report. The Clerk who wrote the document is unlikely to have been a Professional Careers Adviser, and therefore are unlikely to have been qualified or competent to assess the profile of any candidate.

If you feel as if you wish to indulge the process, that is your choice.

Dark Rogue is Voice of the WP and I claim the £10

I see another of the CAG flock have joined Indus delta to deliver some home truths, (Work Programmme returners thread).

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.